Carole Malone vs Christina Aquilera

2»

Comments

• avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dennis C wrote: »
    She has a point though. Christina should move on just as her original audience from the Genie In A Bottle and What A Girl Wants days have. Christina is getting really bad advice from her people, instead of trying to keep appealing to the young teens and hormone-troubled young boys by wearing as little as possible and forcing her fantastic voice to utter strictly mediocre material, she should appeal to a much broader fanbase.

'Genie' is eleven years old. A thirteen year old fan is now 24. Earning good money and with sound fashion sense, and a much wider appreciation of music than boppy teeny stuff and chart singles. Christina should be aiming for them, and for people older, and dressing respectably to match. That is, of course, if she wants a long lasting career and to sell music well into the 2030s and beyond..

Just my opinion. And I'd like to think that it matters, as I'm one of her CD buying fans and have all of her albums except for the Spanish one. If she loses the support of people like me then she's on the way down, and I hope that that never happens.

Your points are valid, but what Carole said was just bitchy and unnecessary. She wasn't really making a point about Christina's music, however she might have dressed it up. She was just being spiteful.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please. Like anyone takes Carole Malone seriously.

I don't like Christina's current image or think much of that last album but she's a pretty girl. Much more than Malone ever was or could hope to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ceza wrote: »
    Yeah, she looks better here in her new movie without all the fakery.

I guess CM is being paid a lot of money to come up with this stuff :D

She looks great there, and I really want to watch Burlesque. I wonder what Xtina's acting's like.