My dear boy Callum

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
Forum Member
Why is everyone mean to him? He just lacks confidence, give him a break.

Comments

• oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't understand it either ,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH..He needs to stick up for himself and stop agreeing with everyone,If he isnt careful,The pack will turn on him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it quite uncomfortable, but he seems like he can handle their sh*t. I get the impression he's been through a lot in life so a couple of b*tches delivering their "home truths" is nothing.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Callum. He seems so shy and awkward and in no way a game player. He looks genuinely hurt or puzzled at criticisms by other housemates. I don't get all the hate on here towards him
  • diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    He reminds me of paul from bb2
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am not sure about this but has Charlie got his balls if not then shes wearing a nice pair testicle shaped earrings :rolleyes:
  • kirsty.ekirsty.e Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like callum and i feel really bad for him and the way others are treating him is unfair he seems just like a nice guy
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »
    I really like Callum. He seems so shy and awkward and in no way a game player. He looks genuinely hurt or puzzled at criticisms by other housemates. I don't get all the hate on here towards him

I don't hate him, but I don't like him either. He wants to be all things to all men (and women for that matter,) and that's an impossible task. He'd come across a lot better if he stopped that annoying habit of agreeing with every word anyone says.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I find it quite uncomfortable, but he seems like he can handle their sh*t. I get the impression he's been through a lot in life so a couple of b*tches delivering their "home truths" is nothing.

like it...
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad someone started a thread on this. The conversation with Dexter was very, very strange. Or monologue, as it was. I'm now physically uncomfortable around you because you're too nice, it appears, was Dexter's point. What?
  • Penny PitstopPenny Pitstop Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like him, but he needs to step up his game to survive with the housemates,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    I don't hate him, but I don't like him either. He wants to be all things to all men (and women for that matter,) and that's an impossible task. He'd come across a lot better if he stopped that annoying habit of agreeing with every word anyone says.

I know what you mean, but I think that is his insecurity and shyness. I think as time goes on and louder hms are gone, he will then come into his own. I maybe wrong, but that's my opinion at the moment :)
  • imaginarimaginar Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Shy, awkward, misunderstood, nice guy Callum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VG8H6E9CrQ

The guy who has no qualms about taking his top off in front of 300 women and who, on a night out with the lads, is "getting on it" and chatting up whoever comes his way.... hmmm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I think hes playing some of you for fools personally. His whole schtick coming in was he was a player and how intelligent he was. He latched onto charlie and he played the everyones mate card. It was all going fine for him until they saw his VT and then Charlie turned and people began to realise maybe he wasnt as he was portraying himself.

I think his mask has slipped but he has to go with it. Respect to Dexter for saying to his face what a lot of them are saying behind his back. Theyre right not to trust him IMO, I think his whole persona in there was a facade to get him to the end and his awkwardness now is because hes been/being sussed out and has no other way to turn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    imaginar wrote: »

The guy who has no qualms about taking his top off in front of 300 women and who, on a night out with the lads, is "getting on it" and chatting up whoever comes his way.... hmmm

He's just being a typical lad. We all talk the talk every now and then....don't we?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imaginar wrote: »

He admitted he lied on his audition tape to get into the house, like so many other hms before him have also done. They all promised things and actions that never materialised. In Callum;s case, he said he lied as he didn't think he was interesting enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.

Though I don't think he does himself any favors. When Dexter was speaking to him earlier, I was quite shocked when his response was so... well, pathetic. If someone has a problem with me, I wouldn't sit there and be like, "fair enough". I'd want to know why. If this happened in the earlier Big Brothers, I think shit would've kicked off considerably more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad someone started a thread on this. The conversation with Dexter was very, very strange. Or monologue, as it was. I'm now physically uncomfortable around you because you're too nice, it appears, was Dexter's point. What?

Well you can't blame Dexter, his so called mate Callum nommed him in front of the entire house and Callum expects that friendship to not change. Of course Dexter is going to think Callum played him and their friendship was not genuine, he has every right not to trust Callum now, at least he's being honest about it unlike Callum .
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    He admitted he lied on his audition tape to get into the house, like so many other hms before him have also done. They all promised things and actions that never materialised. In Callum;s case, he said he lied as he didn't think he was interesting enough.

That is not his audition tape. That is the entrance VT. He had already been signed up as a housemate, no need to continue his lie.
    Funny how his so called lie seems much more convincing and genuine than his "real" personality that he is showing in the house.
    He looks the part so well. He has really convinced me that he is some sleaze that prowls around skanky nightclubs chasing skanky women. While his nice guy awkwardness looks totally fake. Very strange.
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I think that he's trying too hard and it's making people, both in the house and outside suspicious of him.

Also, what's with the psycho analytical talks all the time? It's like a walking self help manual and frankly a bit weird and patronising. Perhaps if Callum lightened up, showed his sense of humour more he'll do better.
    Forum Member
    He's just being a typical lad. We all talk the talk every now and then....don't we?

Typical for where? Wetherspoons?
    Some males have self respect and don't see every female they encounter as an orifice.
  • BaconAndEggsBaconAndEggs Posts: 9,526
    Forum Member
    I think hes playing some of you for fools personally. His whole schtick coming in was he was a player and how intelligent he was. He latched onto charlie and he played the everyones mate card. It was all going fine for him until they saw his VT and then Charlie turned and people began to realise maybe he wasnt as he was portraying himself.

I think his mask has slipped but he has to go with it. Respect to Dexter for saying to his face what a lot of them are saying behind his back. Theyre right not to trust him IMO, I think his whole persona in there was a facade to get him to the end and his awkwardness now is because hes been/being sussed out and has no other way to turn.

Yep!

I thought this was obvious come on folks keep up :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks like Henry Rollins viewed down the wrong end of a telescope.
  • Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think he'd be a bit more interesting if he wasnt so diplomatic.
    i get the feeling he's wants to go for it a bit when confronted but plays it on the level incase he racks up a few noms.

theres no way i could've held back like him if Dan was talking to me like a ****in patronising screw the way he was talking to Callum when asking those repeated questions about Gina.
  • BaconAndEggsBaconAndEggs Posts: 9,526
    Forum Member
    I agree.

Though I don't think he does himself any favors. When Dexter was speaking to him earlier, I was quite shocked when his response was so... well, pathetic. If someone has a problem with me, I wouldn't sit there and be like, "fair enough". I'd want to know why. If this happened in the earlier Big Brothers, I think shit would've kicked off considerably more.

He was like a computer lacking the code to process unexpected input. I would absolutely hate for me to take the p** out of someone for being shy or slow or whatever but i'll stake my hat on my feeling that Callum's crash with Dexter is as a result of a player who is not to quick at plugging holes in a fake persona.

On Dexter... i was OMG, iv never seen this on BB in all the years. It was such a raw reaction to an incredibly false person. oh i should clarify Dexter real:eek:. Callum fake.