Yes
56% 40 votes
No
43% 31 votes

Comments

• Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Since this is one of the things the Star usually actually gets right. I believe it yes.

The percentage numbers may be a little off but I believe the order.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a load of old tosh as everything always is in that paper.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would you be saying that if it was Fleur
  • Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Their X factor leaks record is actually very good though wouldn't you agree? (maloney / Quigg etc).
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I believe the order.

I don't believe the percentage was 50% with 22% being the nearest competition.
  • Options
    Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope I don't believe anything what's in the paper!!!
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not there anymore.

What was the alleged order?
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was from The Sun or The Mirror, then yes, as they always seem to report accurate leaks, and have done so this year.

However, since it's the DailyStar, I don't believe any of it as DailyStar make up their stories 99% of the time or re-word them from other papers, and this year they have reported loads of false stories that producers/contestants etc have confirmed are not true (e.g. Fleur supposedly bad-mouthing Cheryl)

Also, I have a personal vendetta against them after they stole my Addictiv Ladies video on Youtube and claimed it as their own!
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont trust the daily star one bit ill wait till ITV confirm them
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    It's not there anymore.

Oh so it isn't!

It was:
    Ben 50%
    Fleur 22%
    Andrea 16%

So Lauren must have had 12%
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not there anymore.

So it must mean its fake?
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    So it must mean its fake?

Or Syco threatened action if they didn't take it down

Nevermind

See Post Below
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I don't believe a word the star prints but they are the only paper to accurately report the voting leaks over the last few years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I don't know if they're accurate, but the figures definitely wouldn't surprise me. Ben has a lot of appeal with middle aged women, and they're the ones that really vote, especially as it gets towards the final.

For Fleur, I don't think it makes a lot of difference if she wins or not. Syco probably wouldn't be devastated with a Ben win, as he's ideal cheap Mothers Day cover album material, and provided they spend minimal money on it, they can still turn a nice profit.

It's probably not great for the show, though, to have another winner who gets dropped by next year.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was from The Sun or The Mirror, then yes, as they always seem to report accurate leaks, and have done so this year.

However, since it's the DailyStar, I don't believe any of it as DailyStar make up their stories 99% of the time or re-word them from other papers, and this year they have reported loads of false stories that producers/contestants etc have confirmed are not true (e.g. Fleur supposedly bad-mouthing Cheryl)

Also, I have a personal vendetta against them after they stole my Addictiv Ladies video on Youtube and claimed it as their own!

You're getting confused. When it comes to voting leaks the Star is the ONLY paper with a proven record of getting them right. See here for 2012.

http://www.hmusix.com/news-gossip/x-factor-vote-leak-reveals-jahmene-as-chris-maloneys-only-rival/

The Sun on the otherhand printed a sensationalist so called leak one year that Jedward were topping the vote but the results data showed this wasn't true.

I can understand the scepticism they are a crap paper and generally yes the show has a better relationship with The Sun/Mirror but when it comes to voting data as many long term members here can confirm they are accurate and i would be amazed if they're suddenly wrong now. They may well have embellished the numbers but i suspect that Ben topping the semi by some margin is going to prove true but i will be amazed if its by the percent claimed!
  • Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    You're getting confused. When it comes to voting leaks the Star is the ONLY paper with a proven record of getting them right. See here for 2012.

http://www.hmusix.com/news-gossip/x-factor-vote-leak-reveals-jahmene-as-chris-maloneys-only-rival/

The Sun on the otherhand printed a sensationalist so called leak one year that Jedward were topping the vote but the results data showed this wasn't true.

I can understand the scepticism they are a crap paper and generally yes the show has a better relationship with The Sun/Mirror but when it comes to voting data as many long term members here can confirm they are accurate and i would be amazed if they're suddenly wrong now. They may well have embellished the numbers but i suspect that Ben topping the semi by some margin is going to prove true but i will be amazed if its by the percent claimed!

This is absolutely correct. The daily star is certainly questionable on a number of things but X factor leaks is certainly not one of them. Eoghan Quigg & Chris Maloney topping the vote for numerous weeks was leaked by these papers & there is absolutely no way they could of guessed either of them things lets be honest here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola37 wrote: »

Excuse me? No I'm not. The Star is the least reliable paper in the UK! Everything they report is made up. If it wasn't for their false stories about XF this year, I would believe the leak as they have been right in the past.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excuse me? No I'm not. The Star is the least reliable paper in the UK! Everything they report is made up. If it wasn't for their false stories about XF this year, I would believe the leak as they have been right in the past.

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    :confused:

Apologies, was meant to say everything they report recently has been made up
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But you said the sun and the mirror have been accurate with leaks and theres no evidence for that whereas there is for the star.

Its just amusing to long term followers of this forum because we've seen the same disbelief and scorn year after year from these voting leaks from fans of the acts, point blank refusing to believe the articles, then funnily enough when the data is released and its matched they're nowhere to be found.

The only thing i will say is this the latest they've ever published a supposed leak but those previous leaks were even more difficult to believe and they WERE true.
    Most people on here were of the opinion Fleur can't lose after last week all this has done has ensured those fans don't remain complacent and vote.
  • Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. The DS poll is a far more accurate representation. We never get it wrong.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I do, the 50% quoted vote Ben supposedly got seems a bit much...
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    In the past the Daily Star has spouted utter nonsense like Chris Maloney and Eoghan Quigg constantly toppng the vote, Rachel Adedeji topping the vote in Week 3 of her series, Mary Byrne and Janet Devlin consistently polling high and Sam Bailey and Nicholas Mcdonald dominating the voting. They were wrong then. They are wrong now.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicey wrote: »
    In the past the Daily Star has spouted utter nonsense like Chris Maloney and Eoghan Quigg constantly toppng the vote, Rachel Adedeji topping the vote in Week 3 of her series, Mary Byrne and Janet Devlin consistently polling high and Sam Bailey and Nicholas Mcdonald dominating the voting. They were wrong then. They are wrong now.
    All of those were true if you look on Wiki! Well,kind of in Mary's case, she was 1-2-2-3-4-4-5-4-4 in the voting.

I believe the order, but not the %. Nobody has got higher than around 42% on a semi and (I know this is subjective) the Hallelujah performance was shockingly bad plus this year is more competitive than years like 2013 where Sam was obviously going to walk it and 2010 where Matt basically had it sewn up from day 1.