Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea, according to one in five children

Comments

• idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    One in five children obviously hear dad say "Jesus Christ!" every time one of the Chelsea players cocks up.

I imagine he plays for most teams.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    20% of kids knowingly went for the funny answer, the scallywags. Newspaper tries to make story on slow news day.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    One in five children obviously hear dad say "Jesus Christ!" every time one of the Chelsea players cocks up.

Probably that. A lot of people probably say it because others do, as with other things.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20% of kids knowingly went for the funny answer, the scallywags. Newspaper tries to make story on slow news day.

Wouldn't the funny answer be X Factor contestant? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Jesus saves!
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    Jesus saves!

...a fine No 2 to Petr Cech :)
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »

If you make it a poll where there's multiple choice options, you'll obviously get the class clown who will tick the joke answer. I'd prefer it if they weren't given options, just to see what creative joke answers they could come up with off the top of their heads.
  • shankly123shankly123 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well you wouldn't want him as your goalie as he's rubbish on crosses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Lmfao :D:D
  • ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    To be fair, they'd missed off 'None of the above' so the kids had to pick something.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he played for Man City :p
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sympathetic. I know cock all about football too.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it makes as much sense as the other stories about him.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    shankly123 wrote: »
    Well you wouldn't want him as your goalie as he's rubbish on crosses.

But, he can turn water in wine and walk on water apparently.

Football fans would particularly like the former, especially if he could also do it for beer.

If I were Jesus Christ, I'd make Fosters and Carlsberg only, just to piss them off (no pun intended). You wanted beer, now suck it up.
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this report in the Sun and to I started school I did not no about jesus.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this report in the Sun and to I started school I did not no about jesus.
    You what?
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You what?

My parents are atheists so why would they talk aboutor not tell my kids about and when i When I have kids I will not tell them about religion and nothing wrong with that.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    St John played for Liverpool.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't Chelsea fans think God is their manager?
  • NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    St John played for Liverpool.

I thought he was the team physio?
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know, you'd imagine they'd pick something up about Jesus along the way, but I was surprised to find out recently my youngest wasn't too familiar with Mary and Joseph.

The day they were given their parts in the nativity he came home and told me with great excitement who was playing the donkey (the most coveted role apparently). He then went on to say one of his best friends was playing "the man who owns the donkey".

Am sure his Catholic friends would be delighted to hear he's relegated their Virgin Mary to "lady who owns the donkey".

His face was a picture when I asked if this man and lady who owned the donkey would be called Mary and Joseph perchance. "Yeah, yeah I think it was :o", as if to say how could you possibly have known! :D
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    Jesus saves!
    But Ronaldo scores on the rebound. His disciples were at sixes and sevens. That doesn't add up to twelve. I mean, ten. Um...
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus Saves.....

But Alonso knocks in the rebound.

(Think there was a banner floating about with that after Istanbul).
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, you'd imagine they'd pick something up about Jesus along the way, but I was surprised to find out recently my youngest wasn't too familiar with Mary and Joseph.

The day they were given their parts in the nativity he came home and told me with great excitement who was playing the donkey (the most coveted role apparently). He then went on to say one of his best friends was playing "the man who owns the donkey".

Am sure his Catholic friends would be delighted to hear he's relegated their Virgin Mary to "lady who owns the donkey".

His face was a picture when I asked if this man and lady who owned the donkey would be called Mary and Joseph perchance. "Yeah, yeah I think it was :o", as if to say how could you possibly have known! :D

Everyone knows, ever since Shrek (or WInnie The Pooh?) Donkey has been the best character.;-)
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    I thought he played for Man City :p

Jesus of Navas. :D