Options

True blood season 3 -US pace- no spoilers!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if the finale will be longer than normal?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, there's photos of the finale on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=215794&id=69144888562
  • Options
    AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember the shock scene making the same impression on me as it apparently did on some others. Maybe I need a larger TV screen and the volume turned up higher.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    What shocking scene are you referring to? :confused: I can't remember one from the last episode.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when series 3 comes out on dvd in the uk? Im desperate to see season 3 and im getting jealous reading the posts on this thread!:mad::mad::mad:;)
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amberite wrote: »
    Since there was no new episode this weekend, I sat an watched last weeks again 'cos my daughter hadn't seen it.

That sudden shock scene (I'm sure you know what I mean without me posting a spoiler), still got me.

I had to peel my daughter off the ceiling. For the rest of that scene, she kept asking: they aren't going to do that again are they?

Brilliantly done!

i really wasn't expecting it. Let out a scream and woke the baby :(

:D
  • Options
    hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    What shocking scene are you referring to? :confused: I can't remember one from the last episode.

same...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Ethereal wrote: »

Not so much shocking but one of those sudden shock/surprises beloved of horror films. This bit:
    Lafeyette and Jesus talking about the V trip and the sudden transformation of Jesus' face.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one affected by that scene. I had just taken a mouthful of hot chocolate and spat it out across the room I got such a fright!! I burnt my chest and my husband couldn't help for laughing at me. So I'm happy to see other people were caught short too!! :D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wait... a random thought about Eric just popped into my head (easy now!!! :p)

How has he had his hair cut? Can vampires get their hair cut? Won't it grow back?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so much shocking but one of those sudden shock/surprises beloved of horror films. This bit:
    Lafeyette and Jesus talking about the V trip and the sudden transformation of Jesus' face.

You don't need to use spoiler tags for anything from an episode already shown in the US :)

Have you had some of his blood?
  • Options
    ajr493ajr493 Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How has he had his hair cut? Can vampires get their hair cut? Won't it grow back?

We entered into a whole debate about this on the UK pace forum when Jessica found her virginity got restored - I personally think that this is the TV writers ignoring unpleasant truths because they thought Eric would look hotter with short hair (no disagreement from me). Others didn't think there was an inconsistency.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Does anyone know when series 3 comes out on dvd in the uk? Im desperate to see season 3 and im getting jealous reading the posts on this thread!:mad::mad::mad:;)

The DVDs of Season 3 will come out after Channel 4 have shown it on TV, and given that they're only just about to start showing Season 2, you've got a LONG wait ahead! :D
  • Options
    AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's supposed to, but they decided to ignore that for the TV series because it's not feasible to rigidly adhere to that rule. Probably a good choice if you think through the implications.

You'd better hope you're well groomed when you get turned.

Stubble grows back too, if you're not clean shaven. All the thousand year old vampires just happened to be very neatly shaven when they were turned, despite the lack of razors. For the most part they all died with surprisingly clean looking and passably modern hair, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...and none of them have massive ginger beards! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    mr muggles wrote: »
    The DVDs of Season 3 will come out after Channel 4 have shown it on TV, and given that they're only just about to start showing Season 2, you've got a LONG wait ahead! :D

That's not necessarily true, Season 2 was released here after the FX transmission ended in May. I'm hoping the Season 3 boxset will be out after the FX transmission again, so maybe Feb/March, assuming that they start airing in December/January.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ifnit followed in it's previous season DVD releases, then season 3 will be released in may/June 2011
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joel Leo J wrote: »
    Ifnit followed in it's previous season DVD releases, then season 3 will be released in may/June 2011

I was just about to edit my post, it looks like they only release the DVD is the US just prior to the start of the next season so May/June is spot on. I hope they put some decent extras on it this time, commentaries are all well and good, but that's pretty much all they put on. I can't belive they don't have enough footage to make up a decent 'making of' doc at least.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they use a lot of the making of footage during the season to create preview videos and the post-mortem stuff they show on HBO.com. I guess once you've done that, there's not much else to use.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday can not come quick enough. Im also a bit excited for thursday when ch4 start showing season 2, yes i have seen it twice now but im still going to watch it'll give me my true blood fix now that season 3 has ended.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh yeah. That was so cool!

I wonder what all that means...!
  • Options
    soapyjoessoapyjoes Posts: 9,790
    Forum Member
    Looking forward immensely to the finale but very sad S3 is ending...:(:(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soapyjoes wrote: »
    Looking forward immensely to the finale but very sad S3 is ending...:(:(:(

Me too :cry: S4 seems a long way away....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all said the same last year, but we have a lot of content to fill the hole left by TB. So many shows are premiering in America, right now, once they are over, bam, TB season will be here...

It will be here before we know it....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My American friends on Facebook are saying it was a big let down
    :(