Options

Mel, What Have You Done?

Feline77Feline77 Posts: 753
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm sorry, I don't care how nice or fun he is - would anybody seriously buy his album or like to listen to him on the radio? Jay is by far the better singer

I'm surprised at Mel to be honest. Stevi was so out of tune in the sing-off, how can she say she heard him singing? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair Jay was badly out of tune too.
    Neither of them sang well and realistically neither of them would have a singing career outside of this show
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair to stevie he did Sing well and jay is one of those contestants it's hard to warm to
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay is crap anyway, at least Stevi can provide some laughs, and he is fully aware that he is a novelty act, so its not like we are laughing at him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Jay was great last night singing New York, New York (didn't see the point of the Jay-Z song at the start but otherwise it was great). I also liked his version of Mad World. He's had a few good performances. Stevi has not.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Mel? What have you done? Exactly as the Producers said would be my guess. :)
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's done the right thing
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feline77 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I don't care how nice or fun he is - would anybody seriously buy his album or like to listen to him on the radio? Jay is by far the better singer

I'm surprised at Mel to be honest. Stevi was so out of tune in the sing-off, how can she say she heard him singing? :confused:

XF is as dodgy as a 9 bob note. It's obvious that the judges are told who to vote for, which is why the comments makes no sense.

Jay was flat and strained in the sing-off and Mel said "Jay, your vocals were great". She complemented him when he sang dire.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's only following the script. Louis must have refused to be the fall guy this week so the girls had to vote Jay off.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please change the title to producers, what have you done?
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The other three decisions were fairly predictable. Mel must have had the ear piece in though.

No complaints through, i dont mind either of them and Steve was probably better in the sing off.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did what she's paid to do: be an unthinking mouthpiece.
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Feline77 wrote: »

Literally I think all he had to do was put in a solid performance and there would have been no way he'd have gone. But that was possibly the single worst sign off performance from this year imo. I don't know what the hell happened there. He seems to have been going backwards.

So maybe out of the people who obviously weren't going to win, picking the showman (debatable on what sort of show it is) wasn't such a bad thing.

Either way, they were both going to be also-rans.
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    She's only following the script. Louis must have refused to be the fall guy this week so the girls had to vote Jay off.

But Louis just looked like a hypocrite not saving Paul last week and then saying I have to save the best singer this week, make up your mind louis
  • Options
    red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you should be blaming Cheryl, not Mel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Mel saved the better act.
  • Options
    Dannyb01yDannyb01y Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    JJ was bottom 2 2 weeks in a row, what was the point of keeping him? He clearly wasn't getting the votes.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She obviously thought Stevi was going home 😛
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Louis just looked like a hypocrite not saving Paul last week and then saying I have to save the best singer this week, make up your mind louis

It's better for him to make the "right" decision this week than be made to look like the bad guy again.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    She obviously thought Stevi was going home 😛

Nope. She did as she was told.

Thing is, it makes her look really stupid, what with her bleating on about how awful Stevi has been every week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was the chance to get rid of Stevi. The problem now is that he may not be in the bottom two again for a few weeks so somebody good is going to lose their place while Stevi stays in. All of the other acts are better than Stevi so it was his time to go.
  • Options
    MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    Serves her right, she's done this to herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thing is, it makes her look really stupid, what with her bleating on about how awful Stevi has been every week.

^Exactly.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member

:D

I'd love to be a script writer for The X Factor. With my storyline, Stevi would win and 2nd place would be Overload who were drafted back in after a freak accident meant Stereo Kicks could no longer be in the show.

It'd be a ratings winner!!! :p
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people surprised by this any more? After Jedward & Lucie, Rylan & Carolynne people should know how the X Factor works by now.

Besides, tonight's decision was actually justified IMO. Jay was awful in the singoff, Stevie out-performed him and the audience seemed to prefer Stevie over Jay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annie24601 wrote: »
    Why are people surprised by this any more? After Jedward & Lucie, Rylan & Carolynne people should know how the X Factor works by now.

Besides, tonight's decision was actually justified IMO. Jay was awful in the singoff, Stevie out-performed him and the audience seemed to prefer Stevie over Jay.

I'll admit that I liked Jedward & Rylan so I'm not anti-joke acts if I find them more entertaining. I just don't find Stevi entertaining and I know that's just my opinion, there were probably loads of people who hated it when Jedward & Rylan were saved in previous years. It's Mel I'm confused about after she went on for several weeks that she didn't get Stevi.