Options

Need to Get Rid of this Toolbar!

In the past few days, a toolbar has appeared - above the Google one that I always have - called Mirar.

Obviously I've done something that's allowed this, although I'm not sure what, but it's really annoying. I'm suddenly getting a lot of pop-up ads and I'm sure it's a result of this.

I want to get rid of it but I can't work out how. I've tried right-clicking on the Mirar toolbar and also on the 'Tools' tab, going to 'Toolbars' and tried to uncheck the Mirar one - but it just doesn't work. The damn thing is still there. :mad:

Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use "Revo Uninstaller" to remove apps from my system.
  • Options
    fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of info on Bing, Google, including registry hacks. Just search for "Mirar toolbar". Malware scanners seem to deal with it. Have you tried Malwarebytes?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the pop up ad's you are getting claim to be 'virus remaval security site',thay are probabaly fake site's,with the one intention of getting your bank detail's,had toolbar trodjan bug's before,was nightmare trying to get rid if it,not to mention VERY costly.
    Just be carefull what your doing. good luck
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have you checked your programs list under control panel?

If this toolbar is listed as one of your programs try uninstalling.
  • Options
    max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    fenlander wrote: »
    Loads of info on Bing, Google, including registry hacks. Just search for "Mirar toolbar". Malware scanners seem to deal with it. Have you tried Malwarebytes?

Yes, Malwarebytes is the first thing to try.
  • Options
    fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    some are rather insidious, removing them is just rather involved. don't remember the name but one i had to remove from a friends pc required registry editing and all that, it was awful. revo etc did squat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorted, thanks guys. :)

It claims to block pop-ups - but I had so many while it was on there, and now it's gone there's nary a one.... :rolleyes:

Will note Malwarebytes for future use, cheers for the link.