Options

Eastenders: When did you all start to hate the Brannings?

EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
Forum Member
✭✭
I want to know when did people on here start to hate people like Max, Tanya, Lauren and Jack etc and I want to know if anyone was excited about Max, Tanya, Lauren and Abi coming into the show in 2006 and I want to know if Bradley was still in the show would people want him gone now and Jim if he was still in the show? Did anyone like Max from December 2009-June 2010 when he wasn't with any women when Tanya left him and when Bradley died in February 2010?

Which year did you go off the Branning's? 77 votes

14%
SylviaBathshebaSecretLifeoBees[Deleted User]zelda fanmr mugglesBirdseedRyJaCelticMythKaylaLflyingpig 11 votes
3%
Louise-ann[Deleted User][Deleted User] 3 votes
5%
[Deleted User]VelveteenShazla09fawltytowers93 4 votes
0%
10%
The_abbottMiniMeToorick182SuperAPJ[Deleted User]ollie1004SMIDSYmk2Davetherave70 8 votes
20%
valdTanequilNeomysteriothejoyof_patsarahj1986[Deleted User][Deleted User]Doctor Benchdublintvfanjustjmike92ilovenicnacsOwen19sugarandspiceCorrie2010MissSylvia 16 votes
45%
ValliTLaneKentlloys-strachancoolerIggulden[Deleted User]Yoshi Fan[Deleted User]Dr K Noisewaterlaurenlawsonwalford-e20CherryRosehetty100KieranDSMishcoll[Deleted User]ScrabblerO-JOminousGloryIanMandy 35 votes

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poll added soon
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2012 had to be their worst year
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2012, they were unbareable then and are stuck with the same old crap now
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You missed out 2013- they are even worse this year
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Derek ruined them
  • Options
    Noah 2013Noah 2013 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I like them but they do have a lot of repetitive stories going on and at the forefront. Max and Jack Branning go around in circles. Derek Branning didn't do anything what the producers hinted he would do. Suzy Branning left far to soon and April Branning is a distant memory.

Jim Branning left around the family started to get popular and Dot Branning seems out of place.

Carol Jackson and Bianca Butcher's clan seem separated from them these days.

Also the family are related to near enough everyone meaning current families usually end up in their storylines and new, returning and past characters end up being connected to them (Sharon Rickman, Michael Moon and Kirsty Branning for example).

I do feel they stop new families coming in and The Mitchells seem forgotten. Only Phil Mitchell has the big plots and he to is a one man band, he doesn't feel part of the extended family and as they are all made up of cousin or have different names, The Mitchells have disintegrated a lot in my opinion. But they have had their day a as whole. It just happens to be the Brannings for now. They to will soon go the same way years down the line. Jack and Tanya Cross for example are going and they are a big part of them.

I do like the Brannings a lot though, they are what The Beale and Fowler's were at the start, dominant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the questions I asked?
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've been dreadful since they joined the show.

Max has the sexual appeal of a mouldy old potato and the idea that any woman would find him attractive is laughable (IMO!)

Dot and Carol aside, there should be a one way ticket to nowheresville for the whole lot of them.

Oh, and take Phil and Lola too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RyJa wrote: »
    They've been dreadful since they joined the show.

Max has the sexual appeal of a mouldy old potato and the idea that any woman would find him attractive is laughable (IMO!)

Dot and Carol aside, there should be a one way ticket to nowheresville for the whole lot of them.

Oh, and take Phil and Lola too :)

Did you like Jim and Bradley?
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing you mean nubrannings?
    Because they first appeared in 1996

I went for 2010 after Bradley died I really stopped caring for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you mean nubrannings?
    Because they first appeared in 1996

I went for 2010 after Bradley died I really stopped caring for them.

We all knew Jim had children. Wasn't Max mentioned by someone at a wedding once?
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012, I think its just the fact that they are in it too much and so much is just recycled.
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    We all knew Jim had children. Wasn't Max mentioned by someone at a wedding once?

No, just after Kat and Zoe reveal Jim stated he had five kids (carol, Derek, suzy and April had been seen) thus I assume he was talking about jack since him disliked Max at that point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2013 was the year I finally got sick of Max :yawn:

Abi is my favourite .
    At the risk of sounding unpopular I actually dont mind Jack at all :eek: :D
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    2013 was the year I finally got sick of Max :yawn:

Abi is my favourite .
    At the risk of sounding unpopular I actually dont mind Jack at all :eek: :D

I'm the same with Alice, one of the few Brannings I can tolerate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone answer my questions please? And two more question what would all of you done to make the Branning's a better family etc like what storylines would you of given them? If one of you played a Branning which one would you want to play?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And would any of you casted Jo Joyner, Jake Wood, Lorna Fitzgerald, Madeline Duggan, Jacqueline Jossa, Scott Maslen and had them play a family with no connections to the Sqare then? And did anyone like Bianca in the Tony and Whitney storyline and when Bianca found out the truth and when she had to have an abortion in 1997?
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Why does it matter to you so bloody much!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Why does it matter to you so bloody much!?

Because it does. I get upset when people ignore my questions
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 onwards. I only like Abi and Carol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    2012 onwards. I only like Abi and Carol.

Don't you like Dot?
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you like Dot?

Yes but sometimes she can be annoying, especially in her recent SL.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it does. I get upset when people ignore my questions

Then don't ask them then :cool:
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone answer my questions please? And two more question what would all of you done to make the Branning's a better family etc like what storylines would you of given them? If one of you played a Branning which one would you want to play?

I would give them a storyline which involves Max being a drugs runner due to the loss of trade at the car lot because of the recession then he gets killed after stepping on someone elses patch.

In the aftermath of Max's death, Lauren then drinks excessively and dies of alcohol poisoning. Joey leaves Walford shortly after, then within time Abi and Jay setup home together and build a new family.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Yeah, probably 2012 for me too. I hated how Tanya was given a poorly-developed cancer storyline to make us feel sorry for her and forget about what a bitch she had been for the preceding year. The affair with Max was the perfect time for her to take a good look in the mirror and realise she was far from perfect. But no, the cancer story was essentially atoning her of all her mistakes and she was back to being little miss perfect as soon as it was over. I can like Tanya AT times but imo she is one of the most poorly-developed major characters ever. And Derek, Joey and Alice urgh.. the latter is far more tolerable in the Janine/Michael mix, quite an interesting move. The majority (Lauren, Joey, Tanya, Jack, even Abi going the same way..) are just vacuous, interest-free zones.