EE nil points

.exe.exe Posts: 2,243
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Maybe winning nothing (I dont count Adam's lifetime achiement award) was the kick up the arse EE needed. It shows that they need to buck their ideas up and that they cannot get away with what they are currently producing. Brannings need to go, and a whole revamp in writers would be good.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to revel in it, I hope this is the kick up the backside this once great soap needs.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can't be fixed.
  • FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    It can't be fixed.

If we took this attitude every time Corrie hit a lull in it's 53 year history then that show would be long gone. Go away.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope the clips from the other soaps will at least open the eyes from tptb

The quality of the other scenes, really showed the 'lack of' from EastEnders.

It was a poor selection from EastEnders but then it's been a poor year.

I don't know if this will help them buck up thier ideas. They did win a bafta a few days ago after all ?(god knows how? :sleep:)

I think alot will be resting on this new family. They NEED to be success. Alot is relying on them. Something needs to be done to refresh the show and take it to it's next era. This new family should do that. If it doesn't, then the downward spiral will continue.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    I'm not going to revel in it, I hope this is the kick up the backside this once great soap needs.

I'll second that;)! LN can't bury her head in the sand any longer after this. She either needs to go or get some decent writers in. Cut down on the Grange Hill-esque stories with the teens nobody gives a shit about:yawn:.

And isn't it telling that The Brannings seemingly aren't the big draw that LN thinks they are:o. No awards in the year that the family dominated the show! Methinks there may be less Branning stories in future, especially after Tanya leaves:eek:
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree to, i think the result will result in the show getting a much needed overhaul,
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    The fact that most spectacular scene nomination was of Billy Mitchell carrying a torch around the Square says it all really! :eek:
  • shellbiggs08shellbiggs08 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    The fact that most spectacular scene nomination was of Billy Mitchell carrying a torch around the Square says it all really! :eek:
    Tbf that was probably their most deserving nomination.

A spectacular scene doesn't have to be a stunt,.

Like Perry Fenwick said the live olympic torch run was a once in a lifetime thing - car crashes and fires can be done over and over again.

And people would have complained had they nominated the car crash with Lauren and Joey so whatever they do they can't win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to do something before it goes further into decline. It can be fixed they're hardly at the end of their run yet, that's ridiculous. They've had a terrible year (well couple if years in my opinion) but it has been the best at points and can be again.
  • Chuckster2Chuckster2 Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    They need to do something before it goes further into decline. It can be fixed they're hardly at the end of their run yet, that's ridiculous. They've had a terrible year (well couple if years in my opinion) but it has been the best at points and can be again.
    Of course it can be fixed and ignore any troll who says otherwise.

Corrie was poor for years before Collinson came along with a succession of poor producers since Tony Wood, in the mid 2000s it looked like EE was on its last legs until Santer came along, and Emmerdale was hardly fantastic under Anita Turner and Stuart Blackburn, they have all been there at one point.
  • WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Why do people insist on trudging out the Corrie comparison whenever someone makes a remark about EE being rubbish?

Corrie got lucky and escaped it's lull period but EE is beyond irreconcilable.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ian beale deserved his award
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    James J wrote: »
    It can't be fixed.

Don't know about that. All soaps are a rollercoaster. Nobody stays up, or down forever.
  • MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah that's right the title totally rubs salt in their wounds :p
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE needs a cull. Start with the deadwood and get some good old fashioned family values back. They need a couple of families which are normal. Not all families in Britain are broken.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .exe wrote: »
    Maybe winning nothing (I dont count Adam's lifetime achiement award) was the kick up the arse EE needed. It shows that they need to buck their ideas up and that they cannot get away with what they are currently producing. Brannings need to go, and a whole revamp in writers would be good.

I hope so - EE is dire atm - so much so that I am not watching - I used to tune in without fail for every episode but I find myself missing it nowadays and it doesnt bother me, lacklustre storylines, boring characters, nothing happening at all
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    am i the only one who finds eastenders better than corrie?
  • MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

hahah that is funniest thing ever you should be a stand-up
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

The results on last night's awards show demonstrate that you are I'm afraid.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redhead69 wrote: »
    EE needs a cull. Start with the deadwood and get some good old fashioned family values back. They need a couple of families which are normal. Not all families in Britain are broken.

I disagree.
  • shellbiggs08shellbiggs08 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    WhiteShade wrote: »
    Why do people insist on trudging out the Corrie comparison whenever someone makes a remark about EE being rubbish?

Corrie got lucky and escaped it's lull period but EE is beyond irreconcilable.
    It's all been said before about all of the soaps and yet they do keep bouncing back.

Look at the latest ratings on www.barb.co.uk three episodes are above 7m with one above 8m. The only episode to fall below 7m was one that clashed with Emmerdale. No way are the BBC going to axe a show that is getting those ratings four nights a week.

Ratings of 7-8m are not uncommon for Corrie either and anything above 7m is rare for Emmerdale nowadays. The X Factor getting 8m in its last series was considered a triumph and yet ITV aren't talking about axing any of these shows.

Quality wise EE will pick up it always does.
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The results from the BSA should be telling. For far too long East has relied on the Brannings/Kalfie and Da Yoof.
    It must be plain as the nose on LN's face that the over kill of these few along with actors being picked for their looks rather than acting ability (Joey, Tyler), and the poor writing and pacing of stories has brought the show to rock bottom.
    I for one would be glad to see the end of all the Brannings and the yoof.
    Time has come to get a totally fresh EP, with new ideas but also a proven record in the industry.
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    sick of the brannings almost every storyline includes them ,programme should be renamed the brannings of walford,i love david wicks but if he returns ive no doubt he will get involved with the brannings,cant eastenders writers write in a new family maybe kanes family perhaps, eastenders is defo not what it was i only watch when something major is going to happen.:yawn:
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Don't know about that. All soaps are a rollercoaster. Nobody stays up, or down forever.

This.

Yet people expect it to always be amazing :rolleyes:
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we took this attitude every time Corrie hit a lull in it's 53 year history then that show would be long gone. Go away.

Good point ;)