Fleur - Simons influence

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
Forum Member
I was thinking about whether Fleur would be where she is at the moment and be a favourite to win the show without the infleuence of cowell. I don't mean in terms off mentoring and song choices because they haven't been hugely original choices and not sure how much mentoring he does. I'm talking in terms of influences behind the scenes, running order and particularly his bold comments about her ( potential winner etc). People often tend to buy into what Simon says about an act. Would Fleur be as well regarded with another judge as her mentor? Would simon even regard her a winner? Saying this because I don't think she is good enough to win.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I was thinking about whether Fleur would be where she is at the moment and be a favourite to win the show without the infleuence of cowell. I don't mean in terms off mentoring and song choices because they haven't been hugely original choices and not sure how much mentoring he does. I'm talking in terms of influences behind the scenes, running order and particularly his bold comments about her ( potential winner etc). People often tend to buy into what Simon says about an act. Would Fleur be as well regarded with another judge as her mentor? Would simon even regard her a winner? Saying this because I don't think she is good enough to win.

yawn...
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yet another Fleur bashing thread poor Fleur I hope she don't read these forums
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malkay wrote: »
    yawn...

What's the point in that reply
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Simon is going to be complimentary about his own act. Every judge wants their acts to do well.

At any rate, plenty of contestants this year have been treated very well yet have left the competition (OTY, Stevi) or been in the bottom 2 (Stereo Kicks). She's gotten this far by delivering brilliant performances consistently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's doing well and I liked her since her audition which wasn't good but I saw her potential then judges houses she was fab and then she really pulls it out the bag her vocals are good enough and she's a very good performer that's why she's getting the credit
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Brilliant post. Without the influence, without the help, the push she wouldn't be as popular and most likely wouldn't have had the songs she's had.
    Forum Member
    greenyone wrote: »
    What's the point in that reply

it was said to indicate my boredom in the conitinual monotonous campaign by some on every other thread about the same topic. change the record...

same question to you?
    Forum Member
    Brilliant post. Without the influence, without the help, the push she wouldn't be as popular and most likely wouldn't have had the songs she's had.

shock horror... didn't think you would be in on this.

nice meltdown earlier by the way
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would you like a Lemon.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Fleur is where she is now because she is a fantastic performer and a triple threat - sings, dances, raps.

Not a chance did Cowell and Co think she would be a potential winner at the beginning - her audition wasn't even shown. She has been a dark horse only in the last two weeks have they realised she could win.

And as for the late running order - if I produced that show, I'd also keep one of (if not the) best performer till last.
  • Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't Simon been quoted a week or so ago stating he thinks Andrea or Ben will win?

Anyway, I don't think Simon has done that much for Fleur. She kinda showed her 'performance' potential at judges houses. I'm not a huge fan at all. But yeah reckon Fleur would be just as 'popular' without Simon.
    Forum Member
    shock horror... didn't think you would be in on this.

nice meltdown earlier by the way

Meltdown? How old are you?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and thoughts about artists. You really need to get a grip and accept that.
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spot on! ;-);-)
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was said to indicate my boredom in the conitinual monotonous campaign by some on every other thread about the same topic. change the record...

same question to you?

Yawn 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
    Forum Member
    Meltdown? How old are you?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and thoughts about artists. You really need to get a grip and accept that.

any particular reason why I 'need' to do anything?
    Forum Member
    any particular reason why I 'need' to do anything?

....yawn....
    Forum Member
    I will be very happy when Fleur earns a good career after x-factor.

the show is extremely lucky to have someone fresh and a ready-made popstar unless the other acts this year...

next year the same jealous folk will be putting down someone else that outshines their new favourites

can't wait for her favourable slot, set, song choice, vt edit, hairstyle and judges comments next sat! mon the Fleur :)
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be very happy when Fleur earns a good career after x-factor.

the show is extremely lucky to have someone fresh and a ready-made popstar unless the other acts this year...

next year the same jealous folk will putting down someone else that outshines their new favourites.

can't wait for her favourable slot, set, song choice, vt edit, hairstyle and judges comments next sat! mon the Fleur :)

This made me laugh sooooooo much :D
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure she would be, because if she had any of the other judges as mentors, they would have supported her just the same and she still would be popular with the public vote. She is good enough for those who are voting for her, so who cares.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleur is where she is now for one reason, and one reason only, and that is because the public have voted for her because of her very good performances.
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the song choices comment interesting. Apart from Thriller and Lady Marmalade (which both were different versions than performed before), Fleur has had song choices no one else has had before.

She wouldn't be where she is if she wasn't such a star and performer. It's not Simons influence, but him/producers have made good decisions and utilised her well.
  • Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how people seem to feel Fleur is favoured on this forum. The majority of threads I see about her are negative threads. And whilst, of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, a lot of the anti Fleur threads do seem to repeat the same things over and over again. There are three or four threads active at the moment all saying the exact same thing - Fleur is Simon's puppet, it's being manipulated for Fleur to win etc. Surely there's no need to open so many threads just to retread the same ground again and again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should all be merged
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur_B wrote: »
    It's funny how people seem to feel Fleur is favoured on this forum. The majority of threads I see about her are negative threads. And whilst, of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, a lot of the anti Fleur threads do seem to repeat the same things over and over again. There are three or four threads active at the moment all saying the exact same thing - Fleur is Simon's puppet, it's being manipulated for Fleur to win etc. Surely there's no need to open so many threads just to retread the same ground again and again?

Exactly! The same old recycled BS get spouted on them to the point of ad nauseum.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should all be merged

They could have an anti Fleur appreciation thread set up them all.