is the little girl actually The Rani?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Oh God no. LOL
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just an obsession of mine to the Rani return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I very much doubt the rani will return under Moffat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it begins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We know the Rani never made an impact on the universe as big as say the Master. She instead conduct experiments, often enslaving worlds to that end.

What if she and the Silence were working together or she was in command of them thus enslaving humanity throughout much of it's history. Wibbly wobbly and all that.
  • davros's chairdavros's chair Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Liparus wrote: »
    We know the Rani never made an impact on the universe as big as say the Master. She instead conduct experiments, often enslaving worlds to that end.

What if she and the Silence were working together or she was in command of them thus enslaving humanity throughout much of it's history. Wibbly wobbly and all that.

If this is tongue in cheek, you win post of the day. If not...well, oh dear.
  • etldlrletldlrl Posts: 6,162
    Forum Member
    is the little girl actually The Rani?

What's the Old High Galifreyan phrase for "oh, just shut up"? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's nice to know peoples opinions count.

This country!
  • artensollartensoll Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *thinks to self* Time to go and find out who exactly this 'Rani' person is...:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    artensoll wrote: »

I wouldn't bother. She appeared in two stories, one of which is laughed at as being one of the worst of all time!
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artensoll wrote: »

The Rani is Rose/Martha/Donna/Amy/Sally Sparrow/River/Any other female to appear in doctor who since it's return.

She gets about a bit does that Rani.
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't bother. She appeared in two stories, one of which is laughed at as being one of the worst of all time!

Please, don't mention that! The crap story, the laughable monsters, my favourite Doctor being fired, my second favourite Doctor being made a fool of, oh the HORROR!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because the writing may have been under par in the 80's DW, it does not mean the Rani couldn't come retunr as a strong villian, if writtem well and played by an astounding actress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt moffat has even heard of the Rani. Please stop talking about her return. it aint gonna happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Just because the writing may have been under par in the 80's DW, it does not mean the Rani couldn't come retunr as a strong villian, if writtem well and played by an astounding actress.

So why not just create another female time lord evil person who isn't hamstrung by such dreadful history?
  • artensollartensoll Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alwatson wrote: »
    I doubt moffat has even heard of the Rani. Please stop talking about her return. it aint gonna happen.

According to Doctor Who Wiki, the rights to this character have not been given to the producers of NuWho and so she cannot be used.