Fave Sugababes single?

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been having a Sugababe marathon on youtube today and forgot how many awesome singles they put out. My faves include Run for Cover, Freak Like Me, Too Lost In You, Follow Me Home, Easy, Change & About a Girl.

I think my fave is Stronger though its just such a perfect pop song. Heidi's middle 8 is everything. Miss that line up the most.

I included unreleased single Freedom & MKS single Flatline.

I choose 106 votes

Overload
6% 7 votes
New Year
0% 0 votes
Run For Cover
1% 2 votes
Soul Sound
0% 0 votes
Freak Like Me
16% 17 votes
Round Round
3% 4 votes
Angels With Dirty Faces
0% 1 vote
Stronger
3% 4 votes
Shape
1% 2 votes
Hole In the Head
4% 5 votes
Too Lost In You
17% 19 votes
In the Middle
2% 3 votes
Caught In a Moment
1% 2 votes
Push the Button
8% 9 votes
Ugly
5% 6 votes
Red Dress (Amelle version)
2% 3 votes
Follow Me Home (Amelle version)
0% 1 vote
Easy
1% 2 votes
Walk This Way (ft. Girls Aloud)
0% 0 votes
About You Now
8% 9 votes
Change
1% 2 votes
Denial
0% 0 votes
Girls
1% 2 votes
No Can Do
0% 0 votes
Get Sexy (Keisha version)
0% 1 vote
About a Girl (Jade version)
4% 5 votes
Wear My Kiss (Jade version)
0% 0 votes
Freedom
0% 0 votes
Flatline (Mutya Keisha Siobhan)
0% 0 votes

Comments

• lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chose Too lost in you but special mentions to Overload, Freak like me, Caught in a moment, Easy and Flatline :)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too Lost In You is one of the best pop songs of the 00's so an easy vote for me
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I chose Too Lost In You, but there's so many there to choose from.

My other personal favourites are Red Dress, About You Now, Caught In A Moment, Push The Button and Easy
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    I could pick so many from that list as there genuinely isn't a song I dislike, I've even warmed to Get Sexy lol but my vote goes to Caught In A Moment, mainly because of Heidi's vocal on the chorus.

Hole In The Head, Freedom, Too Lost In You, Stronger, Ugly, Freak, Push The Button, About You Now and About A Girl are up there at the top of the list too
  • MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angels with dirty faces got my vote as it's the only one of their singles I bought
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny this thread has popped up because I've been marathoning Sugababes' music all week, loved them when I was younger and still love them just wish they had gone out on a high rather than a whimper.
    I think my favorite singles by them would have to be Red Dress, Freak Like Me, Overload, About a Girl, Soul Sound, Change, Stronger, Hole in the Head and Ugly.
    Really hope either 2.0 or 3.0 make a comeback someday, stranger things have happened.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    It's funny this thread has popped up because I've been marathoning Sugababes' music all week, loved them when I was younger and still love them just wish they had gone out on a high rather than a whimper.
    I think my favorite singles by them would have to be Red Dress, Freak Like Me, Overload, About a Girl, Soul Sound, Change, Stronger, Hole in the Head and Ugly.
    Really hope either 2.0 or 3.0 make a comeback someday, stranger things have happened.

Like 1.0 reforming :D. 2.0 will always be the line-up I want to see reform, has been since MKS announced their reunion but I like 3.0 too and would be happy to see HKA back together.

I think they (Crown Management) really messed the Freedom release up. It was being teased from May but it wasn't due for release until September. I think had they released it in June, it could have done something. There was a pretty positive reaction to it and they gave some great performances as 4.0 (Live Lounge, Biz Sessions for example). There was a lot of potential there IMO.

It is really sad how it all ended because they released some fantastic pop songs and even a lot their album tracks are great.

Interestingly, a couple of days ago Amelle, Heidi and Jade were tweeted asking if Sugababes would ever reform and Amelle responded that it's pretty likely but it wouldn't be that line-up. I imagine there is a bit of tension due to Jade saying they had split up in 2013 with Amelle and Heidi pretty instantly denying it.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10 years since push the button
    ...that went quick!
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a close one between Round Round and Hole In The Head, but I went for the latter.

My other favourites are Push The Button, Freak Like Me, Overload, Stronger and Denial.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like 1.0 reforming :D. 2.0 will always be the line-up I want to see reform, has been since MKS announced their reunion but I like 3.0 too and would be happy to see HKA back together.

I think they (Crown Management) really messed the Freedom release up. It was being teased from May but it wasn't due for release until September. I think had they released it in June, it could have done something. There was a pretty positive reaction to it and they gave some great performances as 4.0 (Live Lounge, Biz Sessions for example). There was a lot of potential there IMO.

It is really sad how it all ended because they released some fantastic pop songs and even a lot their album tracks are great.

Interestingly, a couple of days ago Amelle, Heidi and Jade were tweeted asking if Sugababes would ever reform and Amelle responded that it's pretty likely but it wouldn't be that line-up. I imagine there is a bit of tension due to Jade saying they had split up in 2013 with Amelle and Heidi pretty instantly denying it.

What really annoyed me with that whole mess was the fact that at the time they stated numerous times they had an album ready, it was done and ready to be released. Even though activities went on hold I thought the least they could have done was put said album up for download somewhere like itunes. So even though it wouldn't have been promoted at least we would have gotten at least one original 4.0 album.
    Personally I think Siobhan works better as a solo artist but I'll take whatever I can get really.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    10 years since push the button
    ...that went quick!

Ten years too since Mutya left. I remember being shocked lol
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I absolute LOVED the Sugababes. A pop group who not only had great singles, but also produced brilliant albums too! Their first 4 albums are just brilliant. It all went a bit pear shaped after Muyta left, but I do love a bit of Catfights and Spotlights too :D

Best single, Too Lost in You. Absolutely stunning. I love most of them though, apart from Push the Button. It always irks me that PTB is their best selling single.

Their run of singles from Run For Cover to Caught in a Moment is just flawless as far as i'm concerned :)
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went with Too Lost In You. I also love Freak Like Me and Push The Button.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I absolute LOVED the Sugababes. A pop group who not only had great singles, but also produced brilliant albums too! Their first 4 albums are just brilliant. It all went a bit pear shaped after Muyta left, but I do love a bit of Catfights and Spotlights too :D

Best single, Too Lost in You. Absolutely stunning. I love most of them though, apart from Push the Button. It always irks me that PTB is their best selling single.

Their run of singles from Run For Cover to Caught in a Moment is just flawless as far as i'm concerned :)

It's actually About You Now which has sold 539,700

Push the Button 471,000

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/sugababes-were-number-1-today-in-2005-and-2007__10984/
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    What really annoyed me with that whole mess was the fact that at the time they stated numerous times they had an album ready, it was done and ready to be released. Even though activities went on hold I thought the least they could have done was put said album up for download somewhere like itunes. So even though it wouldn't have been promoted at least we would have gotten at least one original 4.0 album.
    Personally I think Siobhan works better as a solo artist but I'll take whatever I can get really.

Crown and Island dropped the ball from Sweet 7 just dropping all promotion as soon as the album failed to reach the top ten which would be fair enough had they not then disappeared for 18 months between album and Freedom.

They should have just put the album out, I really wish I could hear what 4.0's album sounded like.

I prefer Siobhan as a solo artist myself, to be honest 1.0 work separately, and with the other line-ups, but not well together. I enjoy there music, their voices sound lovely together, but something just isn't there. We should be hearing something about MKS "soon" though.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I chose Stronger as it's a perfect song but there are others I love too, mainly from the first two line ups. Flatline is just brilliant. Shame they never released any follow ups.
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Tough one - Ugly has grown on me over the years an underrated gem
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I chose Round Round because when I first heard it, I thought it sounded brilliant; so fresh & different to what was out at the time. Also I was in hospital then & that was the first song I heard that made me turn the radio up loud. :D

That said, I loved almost all the songs listed, especially Flatline (I'm still gutted it flopped). Not keen on About You Now, though.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having a Sugababes marathon too! I think it's with Keisha's copyright claim re: the name coming to a close this week (or next?) that got me searching for their stuff.

To pick a favourite, that's a hard one... Denial... I think... I'll probably edit this. :D
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their cover version of Too Lost In You was very good but I think Stronger is their signature song IMO.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I love Sugababes and can't pick a favourite single. 2.0 was my favourite lineup. If I had to pick just one I would say Round Round, but honourable mentions go to Freak Like Me, Too Lost In You, Stronger, About A Girl, Denial, About You Now, Push The Button, Angels With Dirty Faces, Freedom, Easy, Caught In The Middle and Hole In The Head. New Year is also a great Christmas song.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A difficult choice. I kind of miss their style of music (really pop I suppose but not a predictable single each time), or a girl group like them, being on the scene.

I initially narrowed my choices down to Caught In A Moment, Stronger, Too Lost In You, Freak Like Me, Red Dress. I wish I could have two votes: one for Stronger and one for Freak Like Me. In the end I went with Freak Like Me, but I like them both equally for totally different reasons. I remember listening to Stronger when I had split up from my boyfriend and I really loved it, whereas Freak Like Me was a real going out song.

I hate Push The Button, and dislike About You Now and their collaboration with Girls Aloud.

And I'm not overly familiar with them after Amelle joined, basically those singles after Red Dress I had to google and listen to. I don't recognise some of them!
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    i wish these girls would get back together, any line up will do as i think they all brought something
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Hole in the Head, Shape & Overload but voted for Shape as I knew it'd struggle...
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too Lost In You, Push the Button and About You Now. All pure pop gems for me. They were so good. Loved all line ups. All though 2.0 were just vocal perfection together for me.