Options

Breaking Bad to remain without UK Broadcaster

124»

Comments

• Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    They come up in English. The whole DVD menu system is in English - only the cover of the DVD is in German. German is available as another language track on the DVD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Haven't seen this posted anywhere but I found an article on this and I can confirm having logged into Netflix that Season 3 is indeed available on Netflix in the UK. WAHOOOOOO. :D
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen this posted anywhere but I found an article on this and I can confirm having logged into Netflix that Season 3 is indeed available on Netflix in the UK. WAHOOOOOO. :D

Depending on how popular S3 goes on Netflix, I'm sure they'll get the rights to S4 as well in no time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    lala wrote: »
    Depending on how popular S3 goes on Netflix, I'm sure they'll get the rights to S4 as well in no time.

I think it's more a case of Sony being arsed enough to put them on, rather than Netflix not having the rights...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's more a case of Sony being arsed enough to put them on, rather than Netflix not having the rights...

Well no. Netflix have bought the streaming rights to s3 so far.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    I am late to the party as far as this show is concerned, but currently making my way through S1 on Netflix. Very impressed so far, well worth watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    I am late to the party as far as this show is concerned, but currently making my way through S1 on Netflix. Very impressed so far, well worth watching.

Dancc you'll not be disappointed, wait until you get to S3 and 4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Dancc you'll not be disappointed, wait until you get to S3 and 4.

Couldn't agree more. Top writing and acting. You just don't know what's going to happen next...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Well no. Netflix have bought the streaming rights to s3 so far.

As far as I know they have an agreement with the studo (in this case Sony), and they get all the shows that studio has, but the studios has to upload them (or send them the tapes). So to my knowledge they have the rights to all seasons, but Sony won't send them for whatever (presumably something to do with a holdback clause or DVD release).
    This could be wrong, but it's how Netflix works in the states, so I'd assume they work in the same way over here.
  • Options
    IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Yeah. I am currently on the second disk. This season seems amazing.

I think there are a few DVD extras, but no commentaries. Yeah, I thought that it was strange that the DVD menus were in English as well. But, hell makes it easier to navigate the disk!

Does the absence of season 4 commentaries only apply to the German DVDs, or the German Blu-rays as well?

Seems a bit strange that there aren't any seeing as seasons 1 to 3 had a good number of commentary tracks (on the US release at least).

Or perhaps they are only absent on the German discs and will included in the US releases?

Edit: Ah yes, commentaries on all 13 episodes of the US release (June 5th):

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Breaking-Bad-Season-4-Press-Release/16742

Only 2 months to go ............. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just discovered Breaking Bad through Netflix. Just about to start to season one finale. I'm absolutley loving it. Such a great show!! Will be buying these on DVD for sure! :D:D