Lorde Appreciation Thread

BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
Forum Member
My favourite new artist of 2013! Pure Heroine is such a brilliant album in my opinion, all the songs deserve a notable mention. Team is probably my favourite, it really offers a glimpse at what it is like to be a teenager...as does the rest of the album which is something I identify with.

She has also bagged herself some Grammy nominations including Pure Heroine for Best Pop Album and Royals for Song and Record of the Year, though it's odd she isn't up for Best New Artist

I really hope she tours the UK at some point soon, I think it would be a real treat to see her live

:)

Comments

• DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A big long, long, long interview with Lorde, possibly everything you could ever want to know about her:

http://rookiemag.com/2014/01/lorde-interview/
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    A big long, long, long interview with Lorde, possibly everything you could ever want to know about her:

http://rookiemag.com/2014/01/lorde-interview/

Thank you for sharing this its been a very interesting read! Love seeing her appreciation of Stevie Nicks. My favourite part was at the end when she talks about trying not to care what people think of her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just bought her album and it is brilliant, not what i was expecting - incredibly mature but not too serious to be boring or self-indulgent, top 3 tracks atm would be Team, Ribs and Tennis Court

Hopefully she'll have another huge worldwide hit on her hands sometime soon :)
    Forum Member
    Team is currently #11 on the US Billboard charts and it has been moving up each week so hopefully it should break top 10 next week and show a number of people she isn't a one hit wonder ;)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Team is currently #11 on the US Billboard charts and it has been moving up each week so hopefully it should break top 10 next week and show a number of people she isn't a one hit wonder ;)

The album has sold consistently too. Sales should be around 600K by now :). I don't mind the album some brilliant highlights, but then some average filler, not a bad album though :).
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    The album has sold consistently too. Sales should be around 600K by now :). I don't mind the album some brilliant highlights, but then some average filler, not a bad album though :).

I think its more of a grower hav, I didn't like Buzzcut Season and Still Sane for a while but I like them now, I still do find them weak though in comparison to Team, Royals and White Teeth Teens :)
    Forum Member
    Just looked on Billboard, Team is up to #8 :D
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to Lorde for her wins at the Grammys and she will be at the Brits :)
    Forum Member
    Really happy for Lorde, she won Best International Female at the Brits :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Really happy for Lorde, she won Best International Female at the Brits :)

It was a wonderful surprise, I called it just beforehand, but up til then my and everyone else's moey was on KP. Well done Lorde :)

Great performance too.
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It was a wonderful surprise, I called it just beforehand, but up til then my and everyone else's moey was on KP. Well done Lorde :)

Great performance too.

I'm so glad she won! Highlight of a not so good night, the performance was very good along with Bastille's

I am surprised at Rudimental winning best single though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce Springsteen's a fan:
    http://www.nme.com/news/bruce-springsteen/75805

Nice cover from The Boss:cool:!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    always makes me sad that the extended version of pure heroine isnt available in the uk..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now Lorde mouthing off has got her into trouble in the past and I've both slagged her off and laughed in equal measure on some of these boards at some of her off the cuff catty:kitty: remarks about other artists. But I kinda think she got it right first time and didn't need to delete these comments about a silly homophobic church group demonstrating outside one of her gigs:
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/mar/19/lorde-tweets-westboro-baptist-church-picketing

Nice way to get 'em told anyway girl! Hope the fans did turn up in rainbow clothing :D.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Speaking up against bigots is fine. Where she annoys me is her pretentious "I'm not materialistic like these other artists" bollocks. She's with Universal Media Group, a subsidiary of a huge international corporation. She's no better in that regard than any of the other singers she looks down on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahem, yep, can't deny all those silly comments she made in early interviews were..lets put it politely...somewhat hypocritical. It is indeed a bit rich to say things like that when you've apparently been groomed since the age of 12 to be a star by the record biz.

But, as time has gone by I softened to her. She won me over with the music and I don't think she's so bad at heart really.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Even more hypocrisy

Against airbrushed photos, but happy to do a cover for Teen Vogue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Found this remix and fell in love with it! Pretty impressed by this producers other work too, worth checking out for all Lorde fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ATu1BiOPZA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even more hypocrisy

Against airbrushed photos, but happy to do a cover for Teen Vogue.

She can specifically ask them not to airbrush the photo's and make strict stipulations to that effect. Just because she is doing the cover do not be an arse and think the worst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I've have Pure Heroin on my phone for months now but only just around to listening to and wow, I'm glad I did. It has a really grown up sound that's chilled and easy on the ears with lyrics that keep it complex enough not to become boring.

Stand outs would have to be;

Royals, Team and Tennis Court,