Options

Suzanne Shaw "Hayley can't skate"

Comments

• Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Suzanne comes across as very bitter, with her slating Hayley.

The offending tweet says exactly what all 4 judges said on air - the judges took it further to imply more Hayley shouldn't be there, and it repeats the themes already raised by other contestants. its slightly over simplified, but the judges comments were even more simple. There's nothing controversial about it. You might as well try and stop anyone commenting on anyone. The judges would have to be be muted and none of them , or the contestants, would be able to answer any questions. And, if you allow the judges to damn everyone, its only fair to let the contestants a voice too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Exactly. It just makes her come across as a bitter and jealous woman.

She comes across as being honest to me! Hayley is so full of herself I'm sure it was like water off a ducks back. She probably never believes that anybody thinks she is anything less than wonderful . After all she has it constantly reenforced by the judges every week.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    She comes across as being honest to me! Hayley is so full of herself I'm sure it was like water off a ducks back. She probably never believes that anybody thinks she is anything less than wonderful . After all she has it constantly reenforced by the judges every week.

You can be honest and bitter at the same time.;-)
    Suzy is a sore loser.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The offending tweet says exactly what all 4 judges said on air - the judges took it further to imply more Hayley shouldn't be there, and it repeats the themes already raised by other contestants. its slightly over simplified, but the judges comments were even more simple. There's nothing controversial about it. You might as well try and stop anyone commenting on anyone. The judges would have to be be muted and none of them , or the contestants, would be able to answer any questions. And, if you allow the judges to damn everyone, its only fair to let the contestants a voice too.

It's not good form to slag off your fellow contestants publically. Especially not when the competition is still ongoing. That's common sense, surely. The judges are different, in as much as they're paid to give their opinions on the show, so they're bound to be asked for their opinions in interviews, etc. Contestants, on the other hand, are there to compete, and anyone with an ounce of common sense will keep their opinions to themselves until the competition is done and dusted. Remember, Suzanne may be out, but she still has to come back for the final, and do the tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    It's not good form to slag off your fellow contestants publically. Especially not when the competition is still ongoing. That's common sense, surely. The judges are different, in as much as they're paid to give their opinions on the show, so they're bound to be asked for their opinions in interviews, etc. Contestants, on the other hand, are there to compete, and anyone with an ounce of common sense will keep their opinions to themselves until the competition is done and dusted. Remember, Suzanne may be out, but she still has to come back for the final, and do the tour.

I can't think of many reality TV shows where departing contestants are not invited to comment on the other contenders, and who they want to win. In this series, these contestants have been asked to assess each other for VTs, and all sorts of comments about whats wrong with the show have been made on air and elsewhere, explicitly and implicitly, by celebs and pros. Its been clear throughout that people feel there's been under marking and over marking, and skils have been undermarked, while implicitly other things have been overmarked. The judges have meanwhile been turning up elsewhere - saying anything they fancy about anyone. Where contestants don't do it, its usually because they don't want to upset the powers that be behind that programme - rather than any code of behaviour. I don't think contestant comments would matter much - who likes whom most is just a fact of life anyway. A bigger issue for the tour is that the judging has been so bad so far, and so many people's ability has been challenged, that its pretty pointless having tour judges- when everyone knows how they will vote.
  • Options
    Imogen_GaleontiImogen_Galeonti Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Very suspicious about her comments!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't think of many reality TV shows where departing contestants are not invited to comment on the other contenders, and who they want to win. In this series, these contestants have been asked to assess each other for VTs, and all sorts of comments about whats wrong with the show have been made on air and elsewhere, explicitly and implicitly, by celebs and pros. Its been clear throughout that people feel there's been under marking and over marking, and skils have been undermarked, while implicitly other things have been overmarked. The judges have meanwhile been turning up elsewhere - saying anything they fancy about anyone. Where contestants don't do it, its usually because they don't want to upset the powers that be behind that programme - rather than any code of behaviour. I don't think contestant comments would matter much - who likes whom most is just a fact of life anyway. A bigger issue for the tour is that the judging has been so bad so far, and so many people's ability has been challenged, that its pretty pointless having tour judges- when everyone knows how they will vote.

It's one thing to be invited to comment on your fellow contestants, but most people have the common sense not to use that invitation to slag them off. Also, even if someone asked Suzanne to give her opinion on twitter, I doubt they expected the childish response "HAYLEY CAN'T SKATE!" I'd expect that from a child, not a grown woman.
  • Options
    zelanazelana Posts: 4,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is that if it had been worded differently it wouldn't have caused such a fuss. Saying 'HAYLEY CAN'T SKATE' is blatantly untrue. Hayley can skate just not as well as the others.

She could have said 'Many asking who will win. My thoughts if it was fair RAY 1st SAM 2nd Beth 3rd Kyran 4th. Hayley is the weakest skater'
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's one thing to be invited to comment on your fellow contestants, but most people have the common sense not to use that invitation to slag them off. Also, even if someone asked Suzanne to give her opinion on twitter, I doubt they expected the childish response "HAYLEY CAN'T SKATE!" I'd expect that from a child, not a grown woman.[/QUOTE]

Thats an interesting statement if you think about it, because you are right. It did seem very childlike. Not outside the realms of possibilty that if not hacked, a child upset his mum was knocked out might have got hold of her phone and let rip and a bit of damage limitation ensued rapidly afterwards when it was discovered. You just never know ! I still would be amazed if Suzanne had anything to do with it herself. So its either hacked... or never leave the phone out of your hand again !!
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The judges are meant to be unbiased, so it's if anything worse for them to voice such opinions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    The judges are meant to be unbiased, so it's if anything worse for them to voice such opinions.

They tend (Jason apart) to keep their comments outside the TV studio fairly mild - e.g. "Sam's skate this week was entertaining" or "Beth needs to put more emphasis on performance". All perfectly natural and acceptable, especially when they're being interviewed. However, I wouldn't expect contestants to be publically commenting negatively on each other's ability. It's a daft thing to do, especially when you still have to work with them (in the final/on tour) for a while.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/news/a552979/suzanne-shaw-on-dancing-on-ice-elimination-im-over-it.html
    The 32-year-old was previously quoted as saying that fellow Dancing on Ice contestant Hayley Tamaddon was "not a great skater".

Shaw clarified her comments, stating: "She is a great performer, her skating ability is by all means good, but there are stronger skaters.

"I would never say anything to disrespect or hurt somebody's feelings, I am not that sort of person. Hayley is a very, very talented girl and I have a lot of time and respect for her and she is my mate, but everybody has their weaknesses."

So she is still basically saying the same thing, but more tactfully ;-)
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I much prefer Suzanne to Hayley as a performer and a person, I thought Suzanne would be more mature than this.
  • Options
    Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    [/B]

How you do know Suzanne has not been on the phone to Hayley about this. We seem to live in a world where unless we can see it happening on twitter, it not happening at all. Nonsense !!

People get so indignant with celebs for not tweeting other celebs about certain things. It's frightening how many people think that something can't happen, unless done on social media.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well, if Suzanne did make that comment about Hayley is makes a pleasant change from actors and performers insisting that everyone was "marvelous" "it was just like a family" "never worked with such a talents group of actors" etc which we get all the time although we know there are battles going on within the group of actors/actresses on a TV series etc......
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    Thats an interesting statement if you think about it, because you are right. It did seem very childlike. Not outside the realms of possibilty that if not hacked, a child upset his mum was knocked out might have got hold of her phone and let rip and a bit of damage limitation ensued rapidly afterwards when it was discovered. You just never know ! I still would be amazed if Suzanne had anything to do with it herself. So its either hacked... or never leave the phone out of your hand again !!

Ah, so it was her kid to blame. Riiiigggghhhhtttt. Accept the facts, the whole hacking story is nonsense as is the idea of someone spending the time to hack her account to only send that one message? As to this theory of blaming her child, it reeks of desperation. Very childlike indeed? Stuff and nonsense.

Suzanne wrote it, either after a few glasses of wine or in a fit of pique and then came up with a cock and bull story to cover it up. I would have more respect for her if she had been upfront and honest as to what happened.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Ah, so it was her kid to blame. Riiiigggghhhhtttt. Accept the facts, the whole hacking story is nonsense as is the idea of someone spending the time to hack her account to only send that one message? As to this theory of blaming her child, it reeks of desperation. Very childlike indeed? Stuff and nonsense.

Suzanne wrote it, either after a few glasses of wine or in a fit of pique and then came up with a cock and bull story to cover it up. I would have more respect for her if she had been upfront and honest as to what happened.

You were not there, so you cannot state as fact that she wrote it, anymore than any of us can state with fact what actually happened. All we can do is put forward suggested potential scenarios and thats what they remain, merely suggestions as to what could have happened. No one is accusing anyone of anything. Its not possible to do so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/dancing-on-ice/176933-dancing-on-ice-2014-kyran-bracken-blasts-show-judges.html
    Kyran also seems to be suggesting Hayley is overmarked, at least that's how I took his comments
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/dancing-on-ice/176933-dancing-on-ice-2014-kyran-bracken-blasts-show-judges.html
    Kyran also seems to be suggesting Hayley is overmarked, at least that's how I took his comments

There's nothing to suggest he's particularly meaning Hayley with those comments although I imagine she is at least part of his target. He's saying what others have already noticed - that it's to nobody's advantage to push for difficulty. Simpler routines performed well are being rewarded far more highly than more complicated ones done slightly less well. Problem for Kyran is that increased difficulty is the only real advantage he has over the performers and it's not being recognised. I can understand the frustration. But it's not necessarily just Hayley he's indicating.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Selena wrote: »
    The link doesn't work probably. But I just checked and she has posted the above. The term sore loser comes to mind...

https://twitter.com/SuzanneShaw

She reckons she got hacked - yeah right that's always the excuse!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's nothing to suggest he's particularly meaning Hayley with those comments although I imagine she is at least part of his target. He's saying what others have already noticed - that it's to nobody's advantage to push for difficulty. Simpler routines performed well are being rewarded far more highly than more complicated ones done slightly less well. Problem for Kyran is that increased difficulty is the only real advantage he has over the performers and it's not being recognised. I can understand the frustration. But it's not necessarily just Hayley he's indicating.

Who else? Ray is ahead anyway and, although he's not added much, he still has enough big tricks. Suzanne, Kyran has noted, was adding big tricks for this week and had beena dding them week on week before. . Beth we saw tonight adding a lot of new lifts and tricks - and she's been undermarked. I don't think he would query Sam - who also has been given dull routines and whose marks and difficulty have been similar to his. There is only one contender who has been marked highly for a series of good routines with little difficulty. He may mean the marking is generally off with routines and not difficulty being rewarded, but its been off that way for 3 out of 5 of those left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    She reckons she got hacked - yeah right that's always the excuse!!

lol seriously this thread is getting ridiculous. Why are some so certain Suzanne was lying? It's not like she has a reputation for lying about tweets. .This has never happened before for her. Why is it so hard for some to think that she may have been hacked?

As I have said in previous threads I too have been hacked 3 times and the tweets that were sent from my account were targeted a individual friends about how crap they were - similiar to the tweet on Suzanne's account simply to cause trouble.

I think alot of the DOI fans that say she lied are fans that didn't like her to begin with and therefore already have a reason to believe the worse..
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lilsaz wrote: »
    lol seriously this thread is getting ridiculous. Why are some so certain Suzanne was lying? It's not like she has a reputation for lying about tweets. .This has never happened before for her. Why is it so hard for some to think that she may have been hacked?

As I have said in previous threads I too have been hacked 3 times and the tweets that were sent from my account were targeted a individual friends about how crap they were - similiar to the tweet on Suzanne's account simply to cause trouble.

I think alot of the DOI fans that say she lied are fans that didn't like her to begin with and therefore already have a reason to believe the worse..

Because it is easy to believe that she wrote that in anger and then when she calmed down realised a lot of people would of seen it so the only way to not look bitter would be to say she got hacked

Maybe I am wrong but if someone was going to hack someone wouldn't they do it for something a bit more exciting than writing "Hayley can't skate" lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Because it is easy to believe that she wrote that in anger and then when she calmed down realised a lot of people would of seen it so the only way to not look bitter would be to say she got hacked

Maybe I am wrong but if someone was going to hack someone wouldn't they do it for something a bit more exciting than writing "Hayley can't skate" lol

I just don't see it myself.
  • Options
    welsh_studwelsh_stud Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lilsaz wrote: »

If someone were to hack, then they would cause a lot more trouble than that. Plus Suzanne has said in numerous interviews since that Hayley's the weakest skater. She clearly said it..she should just admit it. If that's the way she feels, no matter how bitter she comes across. Anyhow, this is in the past now. Time to move on I think ;-)