I love Julie Goodyear!

riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
Forum Member
✭✭
And I don't care that she is supposed to be a diva, is playing a game and is in there to win! I am loving watching her, and I loved the story tonight of how she and her husband decided to marry!

Yes, I know she has been playing mother hen to Jasmine, and then regretting it and hoping she doesn't have to do it every night, but I think this is out of nosiness more than anything and I think it's funny! Yes, she also hams it up sometimes and plays on the plain talking northern lass persona, but I love all of this about her!

So, no matter how two faced, diva-esque, or "fake" she comes over, I still love her and I hope she wins!

Comments

• KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    At least she's entertaining. :D
  • JustMomJustMom Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »
    At least she's entertaining. :D

Definitely. :D
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could watch her and Jullian chat for the whole show.
  • ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not disappointing at all!

"I couldn't get rid of the ****er"...
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not disappointing at all!

"I couldn't get rid of the ****er"...

This made me laugh too! :D

And when BB called on her and Julian to do the swan boat task "I must have been a bad bastard in a previous life!" :D
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I don't care that she is supposed to be a diva, is playing a game and is in there to win! I am loving watching her, and I loved the story tonight of how she and her husband decided to marry!

Yes, I know she has been playing mother hen to Jasmine, and then regretting it and hoping she doesn't have to do it every night, but I think this is out of nosiness more than anything and I think it's funny! Yes, she also hams it up sometimes and plays on the plain talking northern lass persona, but I love all of this about her!

So, no matter how two faced, diva-esque, or "fake" she comes over, I still love her and I hope she wins!

They are all playing a game and they all would like to win. :confused:

I'm disappointed she is so unpleasant. I don't find her funny at all. Without scriptwriters she is simply crude and insincere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    They are all playing a game and they all would like to win. :confused:

I'm disappointed she is so unpleasant. I don't find her funny at all. Without scriptwriters she is simply crude and insincere.

See, I don't find her unpleasant at all! And I really don't think she is any more insincere than what was expected of her, and none of the rest are coming across as genuine joes either!
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry riverside, but I am not with you on this one, I cannot stand Julie. I think that she is totally fake, Ott and I really do not like her potty mouth or the chewing of gum either. She really is not my winner this year. I would rather 3 or 4 other people win than her!
  • ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unpleasant? Don't see that.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, I don't find her unpleasant at all! And I really don't think she is any more insincere than what was expected of her, and none of the rest are coming across as genuine joes either!

Genuine Joes? I dont know what that means, but in ordinary language I think Julian, Martin. Coleen, Samantha, Cheryl, Michael and Ashley are all coming over as reasonably genuine. In fact the only one appearing as insincere as Julie is Jasmine :)
    Unpleasant? Don't see that.

Not everyone has the same standards of what they consider pleasant/unpleasant, acceptable/unacceptable etc :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    Genuine Joes? I dont know what that means, but in ordinary language I think Julian, Martin. Coleen, Samantha, Cheryl, Michael and Ashley are all coming over as reasonably genuine. In fact the only one appearing as insincere as Julie is Jasmine :)

Doesn't really mean anything, I just meant that they are all acting to some extent in there, and try their best to portray what seems to be the best side for tv, and Julie just does it more than anyone, and if she didn't she would still be criticised for not being true to herself!

Like I said in my OP, I love her anyway, no matter how fake she comes across, as she is entertaining me, and as it's CBB, I don't expect any less of the housemates!
  • pampaspampas Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i totally agree ive been tuning in just to watch her she is ace and that mealy mouthed coleen is a little bitch getting in the jibes then acting all innocent she is doing it to a few others now think she is well jel of coleen not the otyher way round. julie to win she has made me laugh for five days more than anyone else has done and even if she turns into super bitch i bet she will be funny.
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    As a former Corrie fan I was a bit wary of Julie after the performances of Antony Cotton and Denise Welch on reality shows. I'm still on the fence about her but so far she's been okay and I like her chats with Julian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scout66 wrote: »
    As a former Corrie fan I was a bit wary of Julie after the performances of Antony Cotton and Denise Welch on reality shows. I'm still on the fence about her but so far she's been okay and I like her chats with Julian.

Time will tell, thats all I am saying!
    Forum Member
    Time will tell, thats all I am saying!

Oh I agree. By no means am I ready to plant a flag with team Julie. If she turns on Julian or Martin the way she seems to be on Collen I'm done with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scout66 wrote: »
    Oh I agree. By no means am I ready to plant a flag with team Julie. If she turns on Julian or Martin the way she seems to be on Collen I'm done with her.

I agree! My top 4 are Coleen, Martin, Cheryl and Julian!
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her Big Spender dance was quite entertaining. :p
    Forum Member
    I agree! My top 4 are Coleen, Martin, Cheryl and Julian!

Seems we are nearly on the same page this series.:) I'm still on the fence with Colleen but after tonights show I think the scale is tilting in her favour.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    Her Big Spender dance was quite entertaining. :p

It entertained all of them in there too. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    It entertained all of them in there too. :)

Until she coughed her heart up all over the place, obviously her smoking so many **** a day!
  • smokincheesesmokincheese Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the Goodyear! Been more entertaining and funny than any of the other housemates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    She's a brilliant housemate in my opinion, she never fails to make me laugh :)
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her too. I don't understand those random "hate threads" against her.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    she is funny, looking forward to seeing her reaction if Jasmine gets evicted
    I think something along the lines of 'thank f*** for that at least we might get a decent nights sleep now'.
    I really like her don't understand all this dislike for her, she's fake etc. I think she's much older/wiser than others is doing good job of keeping peace with Jasmine & her many targets
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member

Great post. She is a big character in the house and i enjoy watching and listening to her.:D