Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have split.. again

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Julzei wrote: »
    I don't think it was a contract romance, they were seen out way too many times outside twilight for it to have been but I do think the magic probably went out of their relationship when she cheated. I always thought he was into her more than the other way round and I don't think he felt the same after July judging by the pictures of them.

Agreed, they were far too into eachother for it to be totally fake.
    Plus didn't she basically choose him as the one to play opposite her because of the connection they had in a screen test for his role? So you could say their 'relationship' started before he was even given the role.

I think the film series kept the momentum going though, and then as it started nearing the end they began to get bored of eachother and wanted to try new things (which she especially did of course *ahem*).
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love or hate it, Blind Gossip have a whole slew of items about how it was all PR, delayed ending to contracts and how much RP hates hanging out with KS.

https://twitter.com/blindgossipcom

http://blindgossip.com/?p=51697
    http://blindgossip.com/?p=51375
    http://blindgossip.com/?p=51337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ To be honest I thought the only way she could carry on with that Rupert chap and yet appear string Pattinson along was if her and Pattinson were just a fauxcouple....That they basically did what they had to do for the cameras/franchise and then went their separate ways the rest of the time. She got caught diddling her real squeeze and Pattinson had to play along like he was offended. Everyone just seemed too plastic and functional afterward, their every move being reported in various papers. After she got copped, maybe Pattinson just couldn't be bothered to play ball anymore?

That's what I figured had happened so it transpiring to be a contractual relationship (we'll never be told anyway) would come as no surprise to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    I don't think it was a fake relationship, they went out for three years or something, i doubt anyone would agree not to date anyone else for that length of time! However i'm quite glad they broke up, he deserves better. You should check out tumblr right out as the crazy 'twihards' are losing their minds! it's quite sad, i mean i've been upset when my relationships end but never anyone else's, especially people i don't even know:cool::p I hope Rob hooks up with the director's ex wife, it would be the perfect revenge;):D
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robert Pattinson was linked with Katie Perry over the weekend.

Don't know if it was true or not, but one paper said he and Katie hung out recently and Kirsten got the green eyed monster.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This pair are always splitting up and then getting back together. I sometimes wonder if they should have been together in the first place.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, they were far too into eachother for it to be totally fake.
    Plus didn't she basically choose him as the one to play opposite her because of the connection they had in a screen test for his role? So you could say their 'relationship' started before he was even given the role.

I think the film series kept the momentum going though, and then as it started nearing the end they began to get bored of eachother and wanted to try new things (which she especially did of course *ahem*).

I think there's an element of the pretend romance paving the way for the real and the two getting mixed up - we I was involved with the theatre group at uni - there was this cute guy who starting dating his co-star in one production a relationship which ended when he fell for his co-star in the next production he was in. The allure of your co-star when you're playing at being in a relationship can be potent.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it was a fake relationship, they went out for three years or something, i doubt anyone would agree not to date anyone else for that length of time! However i'm quite glad they broke up, he deserves better. You should check out tumblr right out as the crazy 'twihards' are losing their minds! it's quite sad, i mean i've been upset when my relationships end but never anyone else's, especially people i don't even know:cool::p I hope Rob hooks up with the director's ex wife, it would be the perfect revenge;):D

I've got to say I agree with this - she seemed a self-entitled so and so in interviews. Neither of them are great actors - but he seems like a nice guy. She's pretty but she always looks dead eyed in films - like she should be playing a junkie or zombie all the time. She emoted more in 'Snow White and the Huntsman' but it still wasn't a whole lot.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It always came across to bme that they liked each other and were friends but sort of got bullied into dating by the media and twihards who couldn't bear the idea that they weren't in love 4 eva. Which is why alot of their interviews are stilted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People beard for a lot longer and even get married and have children too.

Bearding for 3 years is nothing when you have an ongoing franchise to promote. You don't have to spend every waking moment in each other's pockets either. Just do a few photo ops, hang out, if you are friendly and get on well it makes it easier, act the part and your PR/the press will do the rest.

These two spent a lot of time together. But then they were moving in the same circles for their movie promo so it wouldn't have been that hard. It's also amazing how much people are led to believe a thing based on little apart from press 'sources' filling in the words and pictures that a lot of the time we don't get to see. It's largely psychological.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,164
    Forum Member
    trust is so hard to get back once its been broken

:confused: You mean once the contract is broken, right? ;)
    Forum Member
    Yeah, that's true, but the situations are a little different. If someone sat you down and said: agree to date this person for the entirety of this franchise, and see no one else in the meanwhile, would you do it?! Although i could be wrong, i think maybe after the cheating scandal their undying love was exaggerated for film purposes. I think it's maybe what the poster above said, people have to be very intimate with their costars and sometimes confuse fake emotion with genuine feelings, and now it's over maybe it's not the same between them anymore (also the cheating won't have helped lol)
    Forum Member
    also, to katmobile, i agree i think Kristen is really beautiful but i've never warmed to her, she seems disingenuous and selfish, and i'm sure her whole 'i'm so anti-hollywood' is a total act, and i don't think she can act anyway. And a lot of people seem to feel the same so it can't just be me!
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that's true, but the situations are a little different. If someone sat you down and said: agree to date this person for the entirety of this franchise, and see no one else in the meanwhile, would you do it?!

Well, apparently Kristen wouldn't ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's true, but the situations are a little different. If someone sat you down and said: agree to date this person for the entirety of this franchise, and see no one else in the meanwhile, would you do it?! Although i could be wrong, i think maybe after the cheating scandal their undying love was exaggerated for film purposes. I think it's maybe what the poster above said, people have to be very intimate with their costars and sometimes confuse fake emotion with genuine feelings, and now it's over maybe it's not the same between them anymore (also the cheating won't have helped lol)

It depends on many things but you have to distinguish coming at this from the pov of the ordinary man or woman who views things on a certain 'honest' level, and film stars involved with megamoney, lifechanging amouts of fame and that Hollywood really is the home of utter attention seekers all climbing over one another to get their names in lights at any cost.

It's different world. It's not honest. You can easily live a perfectly happy/desperately unhappy life behind the scenes, whilst carrying on a fauxmance in front of the cameras/for fans for years in this industry. There are many many people out there that will also testify to this and also of partaking in such schemes. It's not to say eveyone is dishonest or ungenuine though.
    Forum Member
    Well, apparently Kristen wouldn't ;)

haha that's true, she didn't seem to have much of a problem ;):D
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    It depends on many things but you have to distinguish coming at this from the pov of the ordinary man or woman who views things on a certain 'honest' level, and film stars involved with megamoney, lifechanging amouts of fame and that Hollywood really is the home of utter attention seekers all climbing over one another to get their names in lights at any cost.

It's different world. It's not honest. You can easily live a perfectly happy/desperately unhappy life behind the scenes, whilst carrying on a fauxmance in front of the cameras/for fans for years in this industry. There are many many people out there that will also testify to this and also of partaking in such schemes. It's not to say eveyone is dishonest or ungenuine though.

Okay, you make good points, you've slightly convinced me, maybe i am just naive to the hollywood world.:p It still seems a risky thing to do though, what if they had met someone and fell in love before the end of the films? Would the contract allow them out for that?
    Also what does everyone think about Robert and Katy Perry? I sort of think they're just friends but who knows? They could be a fun couple:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, you make good points, you've slightly convinced me, maybe i am just naive to the hollywood world.:p It still seems a risky thing to do though, what if they had met someone and fell in love before the end of the films? Would the contract allow them out for that?
    Also what does everyone think about Robert and Katy Perry? I sort of think they're just friends but who knows? They could be a fun couple:p

A contract cannot dictate that you are not allowed to fall in love/have a real relationship whilst bearding (and to be clear, straight and gay bearding occurs in this industry, sometimes things simply are for a run of PR that gets two straight stars noticed), but they would simply have to be discreet about their real actions. You would be surprised by how many can do this successfully in this day and age of the internet and cellphones. They are helped by a multi-faceted team of people.

You basically have a management and PR team that plants stories, spreads rumours and counterrumours and even sets up fake fan accounts on Twitter that just happen to 'see' one or other stars together or in an embrace. Stars' people use the internet a lot, they're very clever. They will monitor this site, like all entertainment/gossip forums, to see what's going down and what the flow of conversation on their clients is.

I'll give you an example. If Justin Bieber bought Selena Gomez and nice little ring that he ordered online anonymously and gave it her how then does that story of a very private thing get to the papers all the time? These insider details can only be leaked from within! Every time you read a silly celebrity headline think just how a.) relevant to us this info really is b.) how it can possibly have been leaked if it were truly private and special c.) why? What other things are going on/rumoured, etc?

Not all of it but a good deal of entertainment is a giant game, with embellished and often untrue lifestyles/activities fed by agencies to waiting paps and papers who don't care about truth, or social conscience, as long as they have stories that attract readers and get them webhits or ratings. It all equates to one thing...£££$$$$$. :cool:;) And it's a never-ending circle until someone gets out, says no, gets pushed/busted, or comes out.

For the record I have no major opinion on the sexuality of these two as I don't know. I suspect this one has been much more about press for the franchise and keeping a mostly female audience fixated with an on and offscreen drama. Hey, it sells t-shirts.
    Forum Member
    A contract cannot dictate that you are not allowed to fall in love/have a real relationship whilst bearding (and to be clear, straight and gay bearding occurs in this industry, sometimes things simply are for a run of PR that gets two straight stars noticed), but they would simply have to be discreet about their real actions. You would be surprised by how many can do this successfully in this day and age of the internet and cellphones. They are helped by a multi-faceted team of people.

You basically have a management and PR team that plants stories, spreads rumours and counterrumours and even sets up fake fan accounts on Twitter that just happen to 'see' one or other stars together or in an embrace. Stars' people use the internet a lot, they're very clever. They will monitor this site, like all entertainment/gossip forums, to see what's going down and what the flow of conversation on their clients is.

I'll give you an example. If Justin Bieber bought Selena Gomez and nice little ring that he ordered online anonymously and gave it her how then does that story of a very private thing get to the papers all the time? These insider details can only be leaked from within! Every time you read a silly celebrity headline think just how a.) relevant to us this info really is b.) how it can possibly have been leaked if it were truly private and special c.) why? What other things are going on/rumoured, etc?

Not all of it but a good deal of entertainment is a giant game, with embellished and often untrue lifestyles/activities fed by agencies to waiting paps and papers who don't care about truth, or social conscience, as long as they have stories that attract readers and get them webhits or ratings. It all equates to one thing...£££$$$$$. :cool:;) And it's a never-ending circle until someone gets out, says no, gets pushed/busted, or comes out.

For the record I have no major opinion on the sexuality of these two as I don't know. I suspect this one has been much more about press for the franchise and keeping a mostly female audience fixated with an on and offscreen drama. Hey, it sells t-shirts.

Okay, i've come around more to your way of thinking. I still think they dated sorry, but perhaps it was exaggerated for the 'twihards' benefit (which worked by the way, they are melting down, they've even sent death threats in the past!:eek::mad:) and also i'm sure this added interest helped Rob and Kristen's careers. Also, i don't think either of them are gay, although obviously i have no evidence. I could maybe see them as bi-sexual at a push;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm not trying to 'convince' anyone. Each to their own but the thing was just to explain the flip side of the coin, contrary to the schmaltz and general media gushing that we see every other day.

I also have no idea of their orientations (and no real interest tbh, though Pattinson seems a nice enough guy) but in this case it barely matters, it's been about life mirroring art for franchise purposes imo.
    Forum Member
    Well I'm not trying to 'convince' anyone. Each to their own but the thing was just to explain the flip side of the coin, contrary to the schmaltz and general media gushing that we see every other day.

I also have no idea of their orientations (and no real interest tbh, though Pattinson seems a nice enough guy) but in this case it barely matters, it's been about life mirroring art for franchise purposes imo.

Sorry, i wasn't trying to imply you were pushing me into believing you, i just meant that i'm starting to:) Now i look at things that way it makes sense actually. Yeah he could be, and it would be nice to see a openly gay actor have a successful film career as so few of them come out. (obviously we don't really know though;))
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it fizzled out a while back but kept the "relationship" going for the sake of PR. slightly off topic, if ever there was an over rated actress Kirsten is it and quite appalling
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people dislike Kristen and she really is a crap actress, but she is absolutely beautiful..every time I see her emerald green eyes and her moonlit skin I go weak.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did either one ever speak publicly about their "relationship"?
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    Did either one ever speak publicly about their "relationship"?

Kristen pretty much confirmed it in her apology after being caught cheating, but neither have actually said they were a couple, it's just implied. I think the reason they kept quiet was to keep the speculation going and therefore increase interest in them.

I know people dislike Kristen and she really is a crap actress, but she is absolutely beautiful..every time I see her emerald green eyes and her moonlit skin I go weak.

Yeah, i agree, i think she's one of the prettiest actresses atm, i wish i looked like her! I just wish she was nice and able to act:o:p