Bring back Tesco Lasagne sandwiches!

Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
Forum Member
Who remembers these from 2010? I thought they were absolutely brilliant and I bought one every day for my lunch.

Anyways, I'm trying to start up a Facebook page to gather support, it's early days just now but I'd really appreciate if you could give it a like.

https://www.facebook.com/BringBackLasagnwich

Thanks!

Anyone else love them as much as I did?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I thought they were pretty revolting personally.

Only tried them once, spat it out and never bought them again.

Why not make your own though?.

Buy a Tesco lasagna, stick it in the microwave to cook it. Let it cool and stick it between two slices of bread. :D
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never tried one; but while I do love, lasagne I don't love the idea of a lasagne sandwich; I can see a few problems with it.

Firstly, I struggle to get the height if a Big Mac in my mouth, let alone a lasagne wedged between two rounds of bread. The captain above has convinced me of its inviability with his pun.

Secondly, wouldn't the bread go all soggy and nasty? Lasagne isn't a dry food stuff.

And finally, who the hell has pasta and bread?

I also trust captainkremmen's judgement that they taste revolting, his location indicates that he is a wise man.

serious response: haven't tried them, not gonna join your campaign as they sound kinda gross if I'm honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lasagne is my fave meal but i must admit its never occured to me to have it in a sarnie :D
  • Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Lasagne is my fave meal but i must admit its never occured to me to have it in a sarnie :D

Next time you have a hangover and a spare lasagne, you won't be disappointed.

Fizix wrote: »
    Secondly, wouldn't the bread go all soggy and nasty? Lasagne isn't a dry food stuff.

And finally, who the hell has pasta and bread?

Yeah it's a sloppy food when it's hot, but when it cools down it gets firmer and it's actually perfect between a couple of slices of bread.

You've never had garlic bread with your pasta?
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lasagne is already a sandwich
    ... in fact I find this weirdness deeply suspicious. I'm recommending MI5 keep tabs on you
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, another here to disappoint you. Lasagne on a sandwich? :D:D I just had banana on toast, hmmm. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uncle_Phil wrote: »
    Next time you have a hangover and a spare lasagne, you won't be disappointed.

Yeah it's a sloppy food when it's hot, but when it cools down it gets firmer and it's actually perfect between a couple of slices of bread.

You've never had garlic bread with your pasta?

OK, well I shall take your word for that. And the BIB... Yes but that's not really the same is it. I think putting lasagne in a sandwich sounds a bit icky.

ETA:
    I have just done a google image search for this abomination of a food... If you call that food then I guess it takes all sorts :D
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to see loads of them in the Tesco near work but they didn't appear to sell very well. Weren't they VERY unhealthy. High in Calories/Fat? That's probably why no one touched them.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't remember them in Tescos and have never tried one, but they sound disgusting.
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember them and I had a few. They were great!

I'd be happy to see them on the shelves again, but I do think eating them daily is a bit excessive as I seem to remember them being pretty unhealthy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you need to look at the nutritional info to know that they are unhealthy. :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was also going to make the point about pasta and garlic bread, or just a crusty roll.

Anyways, if you can get a full English / breakfast sandwich then I don't see how a lasagna sandwich can be much worse.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love a pizza sandwich when I was in my teens but it had to be made using one of those small McCain pizzas which came in a pack of six that you don't see anymore :(

Pizza between two slices of white bread, lovely!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I used to love a pizza sandwich when I was in my teens but it had to be made using one of those small McCain pizzas which came in a pack of six that you don't see anymore :(

Pizza between two slices of white bread, lovely!
    What was it about the bread? Was it because it was fresh and soft?
    Just wondering because you could just put to slices of pizza together to get a kind of sandwich.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Never tried Lasagne Sandwich and never heard of it until today :D

I do like Lasagne but it definitely doesn't go well as a sandwich
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    What was it about the bread? Was it because it was fresh and soft?
    Just wondering because you could just put to slices of pizza together to get a kind of sandwich.

Yes, it was just that. The McCain pizzas had quite crispy bases and the combination of soft bread, crispy pizza base, tomato and cheese was really quite lovely.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    make do with a tv dinner sandwich. dont bother unpacking it, just place unopened box between 2 loaves (2for1 special offer) of still wrapped mothers pride .........

if that doesnt satisfy you then a sack of potatoes sandwich .......
  • Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Everyone goes on about how 'unhealthy' they were because that's what the news articles have told them to think.

If you actually look at the calories and the fat and the carbs and whatever else, you can see that it was nowhere near the worst sandwich that Tesco sells.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    If you miss them that much, why not make your own?
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    This sandwich sounds almost as unhealthy and unnecessary as stuffed crust pizzas.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bigger issue is why they don't seem to ever stock green lasagne sheets. Makes much tastier lasagne.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wright's Steak Pie butty is where it's at.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    This sandwich sounds almost as unhealthy and unnecessary as stuffed crust pizzas.

If you're eating them in moderation and not existing solely on lasagne sandwiches and stuffed crust pizzas, does it really matter though?
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    I don't remember them in Tescos and have never tried one, but they sound disgusting.

^This.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had one of those sandwiches - and I wasn't even on bite 2 before chucking it in the bin and finding something else to eat.