What sources do you trust for the pricing of back issues?

scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Overstreet Guide?

Any specific online shops?

Other?

How do you ensure that prices are reasonable when buying missing numbers of modern age comics?

Comments

• frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the above?

But if I can offer a word of advice? Go digital and rid yourself of the collecting bug. No good will come of it.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of the above?

But if I can offer a word of advice? Go digital and rid yourself of the collecting bug. No good will come of it.

I've gone digital but after cataloguing all my comics last year I still picked up dead-tree versions of missing copies just so runs are complete so I can understand why the OP might be doing this.
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the above?

Digital is still collecting but without anything thing like the same sized physical footprint. At least with print media you have a tangible asset with a realisable future value. Digital, just as with music is nothing.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scrilla wrote: »
    Digital is still collecting but without anything thing like the same sized physical footprint. At least with print media you have a tangible asset with a realisable future value. Digital, just as with music is nothing.

Double edged sword.

I'm 35 and have already filled a loft with 15 comic boxes so digital suits me just fine, ta. I don't buy comics as an investment.
    I still pick up some dead tree versions but have cut down or else I'll be needing another house at some point!
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was responding to another poster (who advised me to go digital when that was nothing do to with what I was actually asking), not suggesting how you should collect comics!

If we are doing age and collection size, ;) I'm well over 35 and have many more than 15 long boxes of comics . I also sell a few from time to time and still buy the odd one so I was just curious as to how people gauge prices.
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scrilla wrote: »
    I was responding to another poster (who advised me to go digital when that was nothing do to with what I was actually asking), not suggesting how you should collect comics!

Apologies, didn't mean to upset you.
  • jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes do an Ebay search or use comicpriceguide.com
  • RoyceRoyce Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I`ll second Ebay. Make sure to choose advanced search and select completed listings. The real worth is determined by how much things have actually sold for in a large market place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I found comicpriceguide as a good reference for comic prices.
    I have just set up a website www.swapmycomics.com, for users to sell, buy and trade comics. Also they can post wanted comics. If you have surplus conucs you want to get rid of you can sign up for free and list comics.