Virgin TV Anywhere

I'd like to be able to watch content from BT Sport on my iPad, can I do this via the Virgin TV Anywhere app? Or am I able to use Virgin account details for the BT Sport app?

Having said that I'm not a Virgin (or BT Sport) subscriber, but am willing to swap a Sky Go Extra login (full package inc. Sky Sports/Movies but no BT/ESPN, one device) if anyone is interested? Please PM if so.

Comments

• Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, BT Sport through the back door!

...but, yes, TV Anywhere can stream all BT and ESPN sports channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS to others. Not the most secure of activities to give away your My Virginmedia account access to someone you don't know from Adam.
  • JimmyCarrFanJimmyCarrFan Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    You can create a 'secondary' Sky iD with no access to any billing or account details that gets you access to Sky Go, can you not do the same on Virgin?
  • brendagoatsbrendagoats Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Does TV anywhere work fully on the new Hudl 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would thing that very unlikely, given that the device is new to the market.
  • spursgaleaspursgalea Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant see why not it works on my nexus 7
    Forum Member
    http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-Anywhere/HUDL-2/td-p/2516273

It appears that no one actually knows if the service works on the Hudl 2, just people guessing and thinking it might.
  • abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not a Virgin customer - I wanted to changed but their cable service is not available where I live :( but does anyone know if I can subscribe to the Anywhere mobile app for my iphone
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,740
    Forum Member
    The apps link to you TiVo at home - so not if you are out of their area.
    abs2512 wrote: »
    I am not a Virgin customer - I wanted to changed but their cable service is not available where I live :( but does anyone know if I can subscribe to the Anywhere mobile app for my iphone
    Forum Member
    No remote viewing, when will this be resolved?
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    Virgin anywhere uses Flash which is not supported on Android platforms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    Virgin anywhere uses Flash which is not supported on Android platforms.
    That I believe to be untrue.

There are Android devices which run TV Anywhere.

My device, an iPad Mini which definitely does not support Flash, does run TV Anywhere.

What I guess you mean is that mobile device browsers cannot run the browser version of TV Anywhere.
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tv anywhere works on android (selected devices)....
    but only via wifi. not 3g/4g (they do not have the licence for delivery of shows on that platform) (just as some shows are not available on VMA even though the channel is normally on it)... rights for sports, films & premium shows often get sold via both country and broadcast platform... so if somone already has "simpsons via 4g" then vm cant show it via anywhere if connected via mobile rather than wifi.

sky movies is now available on android via the sky go platform to vm customers.
    sky sports is "coming" according the the recent email sent out with regard to sky movies.

links to ios/android apps for sky movies for VM http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/on-the-go/sky-movies.html because it is via sky, and sky have the mobile rights, 3g/4g & wifi work

http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/on-the-go/tv-anywhere.html
    click button for a list of supported android devices and note " a compatible Android mobile or tablet with WiFi internet in the UK AND A TIVO BOX" - i.e only tivo customers can get TVA with an android and only via wifi
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    tv anywhere works on android (selected devices)....
    but only via wifi. not 3g/4g (they do not have the licence for delivery of shows on that platform) (just as some shows are not available on VMA even though the channel is normally on it)... rights for sports, films & premium shows often get sold via both country and broadcast platform... so if somone already has "simpsons via 4g" then vm cant show it via anywhere if connected via mobile rather than wifi.

sky movies is now available on android via the sky go platform to vm customers.
    sky sports is "coming" according the the recent email sent out with regard to sky movies.

links to ios/android apps for sky movies for VM http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/on-the-go/sky-movies.html because it is via sky, and sky have the mobile rights, 3g/4g & wifi work

click button for a list of supported android devices and note " a compatible Android mobile or tablet with WiFi internet in the UK AND A TIVO BOX" - i.e only tivo customers can get TVA with an android and only via wifi

you can 'cheat' your way around the mobile lockout. get either a MyFi device or a tacky cheap android smartphone and use a dataplan on it and 'tether' it to the ipad/tablet via wifi.

Assuming your dataplan supports tethering that is because not all do.

Course doing it this way enables that tablet like Nexus7 / Ipad Air to use 4G if your myfi has it. I know some tablets have 4g (Air does I think) but many still use 3g or wifi only.
    Forum Member
    Digressing slightly.

I have now problem watching anytime on my laptop and via a cable on my TV however when I try to cast it to the TV with Chromecast I get the tab on the TV but it doesn't show the program ~ any way round this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    Digressing slightly.

I have now problem watching anytime on my laptop and via a cable on my TV however when I try to cast it to the TV with Chromecast I get the tab on the TV but it doesn't show the program ~ any way round this?

I would imagine that Virgin Media have taken action to prevent the casting of TV Anywhere to a large TV. To allow such casting could decimate multiroom revenue.
    Forum Member
    But no different to a desktop with a large monitor ~ or just using a cable :)
    Forum Member
    I emailed vm.
    Got a moronic reply ref the HUDL 2 not allowing live TV.
    They thought I was reporting a fault with my TV.
    So still none the wiser.
    Checked the list and there's no mention of the HUDL2.....
    It's just plain stupid.

My Hudl 2 is connected via the vm rooter on 5g, Would that make a difference.:kitty:
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

;provides a full list of android phones and tablets that will allow streaming video
    and a much longer list of ones that are enabled for the guide only.

hudl2 is listed under "enabled"

"Enabled devices
    We have recently enabled all Android devices to download and use Virgin TV Anywhere to manage TiVo, set recordings, change series links, delete recordings, see what’s on TV and use your mobile or tablet as an advanced remote control

While we expect them to work, we have not been able to test all of them, due to the large number of Android devices available, and we are not able to give support for the TV Anywhere app on these devices. If you do have a problem, you can always head over to the Virgin Media Community....."
    Forum Member
    "We have recently enabled all Android devices to download and use Virgin TV Anywhere to manage TiVo, set recordings, change series links, delete recordings, see what’s on TV and use your mobile or tablet as an advanced remote control...."
    BUT NOT ABLE TO WATCH LIVE TV>>>>>>
    Sob sob...
  • Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    None of the Sky channels will work on my Samsung devices.:(