Calling the Henry Hoover Appreciation Society!

Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
Forum Member
I'm needing a new hoover and reading the threads here has infected me with Henryitis. So away I go to order one to find eleventybillion versions. *confused* Which one to buy? I will be needing the turbo brush head thingy for pet hairs but there appears to be different volt versions and all sorts. Help!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Numatic Henry HVR 200A

thisis the standard one, if you have pets and carpets get the turbo brush.

just carpets you will prob find the standard head does the job.
    if you find you need the turbo brush you can always buy it later
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I dressed up as a Henry Hoover for Halloween a few years ago. We were going to a H for Halloween party and I have a bit of an obsession about Henry hoovers so dressing as something with the letter h was just too good of an opportunity.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont have the turbo thingie I bought a attachment for pet hairs off Ebay.. its like a clothes brush thing ( red velvety thing) as you move backwards and forwards it picks the hairs up rolls them off then sucks them up :D

I know most attachments have a red velvety bit but this one is in a bigger scale :)
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dressed up as a Henry Hoover for Halloween a few years ago. We were going to a H for Halloween party and I have a bit of an obsession about Henry hoovers so dressing as something with the letter h was just too good of an opportunity.
    How fabulous, any photos?

I used to have a Henry but he died. He was 15 though which is very elderly for a hoover.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    The red one is the normal one, so is Hetty the Pink one. The blue one is Charles and I think he does wet as well. There is also George who is green not sure what he does but there is also a domestic green one called Harry (smaller than George). There is also a smaller version called James who is yellow.

We just have the normal Henry, not the extra don't see the point the normal one works fine and gets the cat hair up anyway.

(I am not a Henry nerd but there is a shop near me that has every single version, and I mean the actual hoover not a picture, stuck to the outside of their shop)
  • FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorahall wrote: »
    How fabulous, any photos?

I used to have a Henry but he died. He was 15 though which is very elderly for a hoover.

Aw sorry you lost your Henry - mine is 23 and still going strong x
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main Christmas present is a Henry. :D

He's already in the house, a tantalising box in the corner of the dining room . I chose a blue one just to be different but he's a Henry.

Look in the Argos catalogue. There's a red/blue/green Henry. That's the basic model that most people go for. (The one Aerial Alan mentioned.)

If you want a turbo brush you can buy it separately - I think it's about £35.

If you want a longer electric cord go for the Henry Extra, which also comes with the turbo brush.
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »
    The red one is the normal one, so is Hetty the Pink one. The blue one is Charles and I think he does wet as well. There is also George who is green not sure what he does but there is also a domestic green one called Harry (smaller than George). There is also a smaller version called James who is yellow.

We just have the normal Henry, not the extra don't see the point the normal one works fine and gets the cat hair up anyway.

(I am not a Henry nerd but there is a shop near me that has every single version, and I mean the actual hoover not a picture, stuck to the outside of their shop)

The green George that I have used washes as well as. Its old though so things may have changed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Lollytroll wrote: »
    The green George that I have used washes as well as. Its old though so things may have changed.

I have Hetty - the standard version - just because I love her eyelashes :o

Only thing is my husband won't use it because it's pink - then again, he never used the old one!!!!!

She is SO reliable. She came with a fair few bags and they last ages. Only issue is I find myself talking to her :o:o:o:o

Ah well, never pretended to be sane.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love my Henry extra. Best Hoover ever IMHO
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member

:D

Great thanks! I get confused with too much choice, standard one will do me fine. :D
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I always had Henry until I moved in with the husband then he bought a Mele :( still thats on his last legs and I hope then I can get a Henry.

George is a special treat I get to use on a Friday cleaning up after the youth group.

I would like some of those desk cleaning ones, too cute
  • SydneyKaySydneyKay Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I have a red standard henry and i love him to bits, I am just in the proceess of getting a turbo brush for him.

Lollytroll, my mum and dad had a mele and it was rubbish, i hated it. My mum swore by it though until she borrowed my Henry :)
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gggrrrrrrrr. I feel a pedantic fit coming on!:mad:

Hoover is a brand name of the Hoover company, named after the owner. The Henry is manufactured by Numatics Ltd, a British company.

The thread title should be "Calling the Henry Vacuum Cleaner Appreciation Society".

There, I feel a lot better now.
    Forum Member
    Och I know but I'm Scottish, they're all hoovers to us. I'd be laughed over the border for referring to it as a vacuum cleaner. :D

Just ordered the Numatic Henry HVR 200A for £94 on amazon but got the pet hair turbo head on ebay - £19 there. Sorted. :D

It's a sad day when you get excited about a hoover (sorry burton07 :p ).
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Och I know but I'm Scottish, they're all hoovers to us. I'd be laughed over the border for referring to it as a vacuum cleaner. :D

Just ordered the Numatic Henry HVR 200A for £94 on amazon but got the pet hair turbo head on ebay - £19 there. Sorted. :D

I got mine on Amazon too! Mind you, I get everything on Amazon these days.
  • FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:) Congratulations! I hope you and Henry will be very happy together, I love mine he's been with me for 23 years now and still follows me round with that big smile always happy to help what's not to love :)
    Forum Member
    I'll just be delighted to have one that actually picks up. The last 3 I've had have been rubbish! I'm sure his jolly wee face will cheer me up - maybe even encourage the kids to take him for a walk round their rooms. ;)