Anybody else feeling a bit sorry for Daley?!

Comments

• Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    Nope.
  • wigantamlawigantamla Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    LilyAnna80 wrote: »
    Of course I feel sorry for him in the same I feel sorry for any man who threatens a woman :rolleyes:

exactly !! ..no excuse for his thugish intimidation
  • schmoozerschmoozer Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Lips wrote: »
    Yes he said that he didn't want to on the show because he doesn't know how to be around other people.

This is as serious a lapse by BB as fightnight and the thing with Shilpa, Jade etc . He's a sad specimen who does need help, but they have chewed him up and spat him out all in the name of entertainment. The whole thing is very sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for him in the sense that he appears to be quite a troubled guy and completely unsuitable for the emotional manipulations that BB forces upon its participants.

He has to carry the can for his actions and I wouldn't make any excuses for them, but BB treated both him and Hazel utterly irresponsibly by trying to exploit what was already a difficult situation for their own entertainment.
  • alimialimi Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    troy4783 wrote: »
    I did as well I think deep down he's a nice guy really.

Oh please, do you have a mother or sister and would you approve of that behaviour, the day before he was trying to tell how much make up to wear, I've been a victim of domestic violence and recognise the hang dog and bowed head look, and it seems he got off lightly in his interview,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    yeah I do, I think BB treated him unfairly in comparison. They both should of been given the boot.
    i just watched the entire thing and he was playing, and hazel was having fun and then suddenly she knew they had gone too far. No way did Daley do anything wrong, it was a bit of rough courting, thats all.

^This x100. BB made it into something much bigger than it appeared to be.
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    i just watched the entire thing and he was playing, and hazel was having fun and then suddenly she knew they had gone too far. No way did Daley do anything wrong, it was a bit of rough courting, thats all.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure. He was so inarticulate it was hard to fathom most of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »
    I feel sorry for him in the sense that he appears to be quite a troubled guy and completely unsuitable for the emotional manipulations that BB forces upon its participants.

He has to carry the can for his actions and I wouldn't make any excuses for them, but BB treated both him and Hazel utterly irresponsibly by trying to exploit what was already a difficult situation for their own entertainment.

Completely agree.
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    alimi wrote: »
    Oh please, do you have a mother or sister and would you approve of that behaviour, the day before he was trying to tell how much make up to wear, I've been a victim of domestic violence and recognise the hang dog and bowed head look, and it seems he got off lightly in his interview,

Then I am ashamed of you making this out to be abuse if you were a true victim, feel for the real victims!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    schmoozer wrote: »
    This is as serious a lapse by BB as fightnight and the thing with Shilpa, Jade etc . He's a sad specimen who does need help, but they have chewed him up and spat him out all in the name of entertainment. The whole thing is very sad.

How have they done that, he chose to grab a woman by her throat, plus do a countdown and tell her he would nut her when if he was that annoyed, he could have just removed himself from the situation, then asked Hazel for a cuddle when he realised he did wrong and she reluctantly obliged, the boots interview was a joke
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    let me count down from sixty and have a think ,,,

HELL NO

Now I want to know was it a really slow count as well lol:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think the person would be okay if something like that happened to someone they knew. No one would be. But more like it's clear he has mental problems which he has not dealt with. He thought he had it under control, or was too embarrassed to say anything about it and it got too much and the anger he had over whelmed him. That doesn't mean he is a completely bad person, he might be, I don't know but he clearly hasn't been able to think straight and with the right medication he could be a normal nice guy... he could still be a violent person, but it's not right to be able to judge truly when he's struggling and hit breaking point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope! Not after how he treated his girlfriend (and they have kids? I think she said she had a son...) It's a shame that he let himself down but at least he has to face some consequences rather than end up with magazine deals with Hazel. I'm sure he never expected things could have ended so badly and that Hazel would be so quick to throw him under a bus. If he had set some boundaries with her from the start things wouldn't had ended like they did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »

Rough Courting, are you actually serious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I do a bit.
    I don't think it was wrong to eject him. But I do think he let himself down in a terrible way.
    He came across as quite sincere in what he was saying and his emotions seemed genuine to me.
    I just hope everyone can move on and nobody suffer more than they need to after this.

This.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rough Courting, are you actually serious
    Like the traveller tradition of "grabbing" or sexual assault as the law tends to see it :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How have they done that, he chose to grab a woman by her throat, plus do a countdown and tell her he would nut her when if he was that annoyed, he could have just removed himself from the situation, then asked Hazel for a cuddle when he realised he did wrong and she reluctantly obliged, the boots interview was a joke

By completely failing to notice how unsuitable he was for BB let alone for putting in a confined space with 1 other rather assertive housemate all in the name of titillating viewers. They had a duty of care towards her (and towards him). Seems to me that they failed. Their 'rigorous selection process' seems to ignore significant relationship/emotional/social issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CatLuna wrote: »
    I don't think the person would be okay if something like that happened to someone they knew. No one would be. But more like it's clear he has mental problems which he has not dealt with. He thought he had it under control, or was too embarrassed to say anything about it and it got too much and the anger he had over whelmed him. That doesn't mean he is a completely bad person, he might be, I don't know but he clearly hasn't been able to think straight and with the right medication he could be a normal nice guy... he could still be a violent person, but it's not right to be able to judge truly when he's struggling and hit breaking point.

So if he is struggling and is violent that's Ok is it, no, if that was my son or my foster son I would be telling them that they should have walked away, whatever the circumstances
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the traveller tradition of "grabbing" or sexual assault as the law tends to see it :o

Lol, wish there was a like button
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    I haven't agreed with his behaviour and actions for the last few weeks. I didn't think he was a good HM and didn't add to the show. I thought the producers were entirely justified in his removal. Having said all that I think it's important to remember that the vast majority of abusers suffered from abuse in their childhoods. While things have improved marginally it's still something we as a society don't do enough about. Let me state categorically that there is no excuse for adults to be abusive to children or one another but we have to acknowledge that rarely is an abuser created in a vacum. We can't be shocked when children raised on the margins and are ignored victims grow up to be abusers themselves.
  • HandyAndiesHandyAndies Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I did as well to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    workhorse wrote: »
    I reserve my sympathy for his victims.the coward couldn't even say sorry to hazel.
    THIS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    NO he's as transparent as a sheet of glass. This interview should never have happened and Big Brother have seriously underestimated how manipulative and clever someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder can be. They have just put Domestic Violence campaigns back 100 years. There is never an excuse, there is never a reason and most importantly the victim is never to blame, Abusers abuse because they can simple as that and yes Daley you have bloody offended me. Your behaviour is unforgivable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    Then I am ashamed of you making this out to be abuse if you were a true victim, feel for the real victims!

Yes I was a victim and the look that Daley gave tonight is all too familiar when they see in the clear light of day the consequentions. I used to avoid going to A and E in case they questioned me, I still have deformed bones in my hands due to being thrown to the floor and not getting it fixed, and lost count of the amount of lies I told in casualty, all too see the Daley hangdog look the next day. In my opinion he got off rather lightly in his interview with Emma