Options

Reason for Toothache (In Mornings)?

scorpio20080scorpio20080 Posts: 2,894
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have found ever since winter has started, as soon as I get up in the mornings one of my tooth aches if I eat something. It goes away as soon as I drink anything hot, and I'm fine for the rest of the day. No pain etc while brushing, just that moment....and its only 1 tooth..

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?
Is it probably because it's colder in the morning?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you grinding your teeth in the night ?
  • Options
    Bernard_Doyle1Bernard_Doyle1 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    It could be acid reflux. I suffer from that and get toothache in the morning too
  • Options
    scorpio20080scorpio20080 Posts: 2,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Are you grinding your teeth in the night ?

Not to my knowledge..
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to my knowledge..

Ah but you wouldn't know unless someone else moaned at you in the morning about it !
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd get to the doctor as soon as.
    Sometimes, toothache is a sign that something is wrong elsewhere. So I'd get it checked out because if it's an early warning sign, you'd be best not to ignore it
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd get to the doctor as soon as.
    Sometimes, toothache is a sign that something is wrong elsewhere. So I'd get it checked out because if it's an early warning sign, you'd be best not to ignore it

I'd suggest the dentist as the first stop. They can examine the tooth better than the doctor and if it could be something more general than the tooth they will advise you to go to the doctor anyway.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    I'd suggest the dentist as the first stop. They can examine the tooth better than the doctor and if it could be something more general than the tooth they will advise you to go to the doctor anyway.
    I cut that sentence out when I edited, but yeah, what he said
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st sign something is wrong - my advice, get it checked out before everything shuts for the xmas holidays.

sounds like a cavity and the cold is getting in and is aggravating the nerve (which will be less shielded than normal if theres a cavity). When you have a hot drink it relieves the pain.