DC online for the PS3

HowjoHowjo Posts: 369
Forum Member
any of you playing beta and know if this will be good for the PS3, whether if its any good at all

asking as it is only 2 weeks away from launch, really weant this to suceed but fear it will be all to similar to City of heroes,

thanks

Comments

• NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not my kind of game really but it seems decent enough. There are a fair few opinions on it in towards the end of ths thread.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1302258&page=5
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it looks good but its not in my budget to pay £10 a month for it. also 15gb of space needed just for the beta is ridiculous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be good , beta doesn't wow that much think it looks like one big level grind to 30 an then endless pvp . beta doesn't allow level 30s cap 20 so don't really know what end game content like trophies do look easy though but not sure you can get em all before the 30 day free period :)
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    i was going to buy it but after seeing you HAVE to pay a subscription to continue playing it has put me of i will no longer be buying it :( i hope it flops! so then they decide to not have the subscription service :p
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    i was going to buy it but after seeing you HAVE to pay a subscription to continue playing it has put me of i will no longer be buying it :( i hope it flops! so then they decide to not have the subscription service :p

Its An MMO so there will always be sub. what would pay for all the new content ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Sorry after paying £39.99 for the Game thats where the cashflow should stop. If they want to release some DLC down the line and charge a small fee for that, I have no problem. Being charged to play it each month though is ridiculous. No other game I own does this. Sorry but DC Universe has shot itself in the foot with this strategy. Plus I'm also annoyed you can't play as an original DC character like Superman or Batman.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry after paying £39.99 for the Game thats where the cashflow should stop. If they want to release some DLC down the line and charge a small fee for that, I have no problem. Being charged to play it each month though is ridiculous. No other game I own does this. Sorry but DC Universe has shot itself in the foot with this strategy. Plus I'm also annoyed you can't play as an original DC character like Superman or Batman.
    I don't think you understand the concept of an MMO. The most played retail game on the PC happens to be an MMO called World Of Warcraft. Over 8 million people pay to play this game monthly.

Also, no MMO based on a well known franchise will ever let you play as one of the franchises main characters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think DC universe should have sticked to being a PC only game. It takes out the whole concept idea of PS3 being free online play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Hate to break it to ya everyone but whether this is for the PC or PS3 I would avoid it like the plague due to Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) being the main backer for this. They wont have a shred of respect for the mythology and the universe itself like it's done with every other MMO game it bled dry and didn't bother updating or marketing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry, but that's simply not true, SOE have been updating Everquest and EQ2, infact, there is a new EQ2 expansion due for release soon, and EQ3 is just around the corner.

In my opinion SOE are one of the best at the MMO genre with regular updates
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    That's your opinion and I respect that but just wait for the inevitable for SOE to do you wrong. PlanetSide/Star Wars Galaxies suffered for years due to lack of support on their part or they radically change a portion of the game to make a quest easier and screw over the gamers that put in the hours of gameplay to get it in the first place.

I shouldn't have said anything really as it is steering it way off topic but people should know that they will pay monthly for a game that will have CSR's ban them for the slightest thing just because he is on his time of the month whilst cheaters get off with exploiting inevitable bugs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel your swg an planetside pain :( wasn't fun