Nicole to quit?

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I haven't seen a thread on this yet. Apologies if I missed it.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/nicole-scherzinger-hints-she-is-set-to-quit-the-x-factor-3317595.html

A bit disappointed, she and Louis make it watchable for me. Mad and madder; but funny. :D

Comments

• Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Jumping before she's pushed? She won't want the humiliation of being dropped again. Hope she waits to see what the plans next year sound like they are before doing so, can't see them getting rid of her, she's by far this year's most popular judge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Planning her fee increase for next year more likely,
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be disappointed if she left, as she's been the best judge and mentior this year. I'd get if she wanted to though. It involves a lot of time away from her boyfriend. But she's done two series, and she's had three finalists. Not too shabby.
  • MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Simon really wants Cheryl back, I don't see how Nicole could stay. From what I read about Cheryl's sacking from XF USA, Nicole campaigned for Cheryl's job while Cheryl still had it. I don't think Cheryl would agree to return if she had to be on the same panel with Nicole.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Another story to try and regain interest in the show. Like the articles yesterday saying Simon getting Cheruyl to return etc.

Nicole is currently the most popular judge/ the one people care about. So it figures that they are now using her to try and gain more interest in the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    If Simon really wants Cheryl back, I don't see how Nicole could stay. From what I read about Cheryl's sacking from XF USA, Nicole campaigned for Cheryl's job while Cheryl still had it. I don't think Cheryl would agree to return if she had to be on the same panel with Nicole.

Hopefully she won't agree and Nicole will stay then. I don't mind Cheryl but I really like Nicole.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    Hopefully she won't agree and Nicole will stay then. I don't mind Cheryl but I really like Nicole.

Why dont nicole and cheryl get on?
  • MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »

While I think Nicole is the best judge on XF UK this year, I would trade her for Cheryl in a heartbeat. I just don't care for Nicole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    Why dont nicole and cheryl get on?

Neither have actually stated outright that they don't get on but in her autobiography Cheryl said Nicole came up to her on the XFUSA and started singing one of Cheryl's songs (in full) right at her. She then went on to say she found it weird and basically portrayed Nicole as a bit of a freak.

Added to that is the fact many people believe Cheryl to blame Nicole over her USXF axe as she replaced her as a judge. There was also an article about Cheryl leaving a party shortly after Nicole arrived.

They may be the best of friends though for all I know. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was only a few weeks ago she was "moving to the UK" so that story, like this, I take with a pinch of salt.
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    It was only a few weeks ago she was "moving to the UK" so that story, like this, I take with a pinch of salt.

This actually quotes her directly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This actually quotes her directly.

The quote is "I don't know".
    Forum Member
    The quote is "I don't know".

Thought you were questioning the veracity of the story rather than whether she actually would.
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get the love for her. Bonkers, irrelevant surreal comments bordering on the bizarre. The redeeming feature for males is obvious. But other than that irritatingly plastic.
  • Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how anyone could see Cheryl replacing her as an improvement.

Even looks wise (the only thing Cole had going for her) Nicole is superior.
    Forum Member
    Don't get the love for her. Bonkers, irrelevant surreal comments bordering on the bizarre. The redeeming feature for males is obvious. But other than that irritatingly plastic.

I don't know what your referring to :rolleyes:
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl was not flown directly to Simon Cowell's house for "talks" last week for nothing.

She sees the writing on the wall. Probably has already been told she wont be back next year. I never liked Nicole in the past but she surprised me this year on X-factor. She had improved a lot. Tulisa on the other hand has just slumped totally in any credibility. I think there is no choice at all but to get rid of her next year, so potentially two new ladies.... with Gary and Louis staying put. Either that, or Gary will head back to Take that, and somehow Simon will work a miracle and come back to UK show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought you were questioning the veracity of the story rather than whether she actually would.

Well, there is no story. None of the judges can say they'll be back next year as they have to be offered a new contract and terms of that contract have to be discussed. Also that's only part of her bigger job of being a pop star.

Louis has been saying' I don't know if I'll be back next year' every year.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's either fishing for more money or she's preparing herself for Cheryl's return and being kicked off the panel. If shes axed, she can turn round and say she wasn't returning anyway- just like she did on X Factor USA.

It would be a great shame if she doesn't return, she has easily been the best judge and whilst I liked Cheryl during her previous stint, if she returns and Nicole has to go then X Factor will be going backwards and not forwards. But I do think that a lot of Simon's interest in Cheryl returning (and he's also been vocal about wanting Nicole back) is the press interest that the two women on the same panel will generate. It will put Sharon & Dannii and Tulisa & Kelly right into the shade.
    Mateja wrote: »

Cheryl is no angel in all of this. Long before X Factor she said in an interview that Nicole had no star quality and would never make it herself. And when Nicole temporarily joined the panel in 2010, Cheryl told Simon "anyone but her". If anything Cheryl sowed the seeds long before Nicole even did anything.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope she stays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    I csn't help but think Cheryl would more likely replace Tulisa
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can;t help but think myself that both the females will be replaced , when Simon talks about a revamp its always the female judges that get axed first for some reason. However I see him making a clean sweep of the judging panel and leaving only Louis(Mr non relevant)

Lets face it, Louis has no real clue as to what sells anymore, a proper change would include getting rid of Louis, but overall i think this show will not be renewed after next year so he won't dump Louis.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No doubt she will, but would Cheryl want to sit alongside Nicole? And Cheryl is in a position to be able to negotiate that.
    Forum Member
    Well, there is no story. None of the judges can say they'll be back next year as they have to be offered a new contract and terms of that contract have to be discussed. Also that's only part of her bigger job of being a pop star.

Louis has been saying' I don't know if I'll be back next year' every year.

Not followed by a mention of leaving on a high.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    There's always these stories about the judges. Take it lightly until its confirmed I'd say.