0844 indirect calls on TalkTalk LLU - Cost?

I have been trying to get an idea of how much TalkTalk charge for call using JustTalk 0844 numbers.

Does anyone have any idea?

Comments

• HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    I have been trying to get an idea of how much TalkTalk charge for call using JustTalk 0844 numbers.

Does anyone have any idea?
    They should charge the same as BT for such calls (see HERE) but that may not be the case (they certainly charge a lot more than BT for 0845 and 0870 calls).
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checking their website they charge up to 12p/min for 084 access.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    They charge the same as BT does to call 0844 numbers.

Visit: http://media.phonehouse.com/mediaserver/servlet/AssetServer?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.TERMS.PDFS&asset=TARIFF_PRICE_PDF for full call price details.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Heinz wrote: »
    (they certainly charge a lot more than BT for 0845 and 0870 calls).

Talk Talk dont charge a lot more then BT to call 0845/0870 numbers Heinz. They charge the same.;)

Source: http://media.phonehouse.com/mediaserver/servlet/AssetServer?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.TERMS.PDFS&asset=TARIFF_PRICE_PDF
    Forum Member
    Talk Talk dont charge a lot more then BT to call 0845/0870 numbers Heinz. They charge the same.;)
    My mistake - I was thinking of Sky Talk (and Virgin).

Shouldn't think it'll be long though, the sheep instinct is very strong.
  • buglawtonbuglawton Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to restart this thread but I just noticed that TT are charging a min of 7p for any 0844. I progged the phone button to put 1280 in front of the 08442002020 number we use a lot so it would go thru BT and STILL TT are billing us! Need to get to the bottom of this!
    Forum Member
    buglawton wrote: »
    Sorry to restart this thread but I just noticed that TT are charging a min of 7p for any 0844. I progged the phone button to put 1280 in front of the 08442002020 number we use a lot so it would go thru BT and STILL TT are billing us! Need to get to the bottom of this!
    Here's the bottom:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1072413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, looks like I'll be cancelling TT altogether then. They do like to play this game of cat and mouse with the consumer, don't they?
    Forum Member
    buglawton wrote: »
    Thanks, looks like I'll be cancelling TT altogether then. They do like to play this game of cat and mouse with the consumer, don't they?
    And the really annoying thing is neither Sky nor Talk Talk thought it necessary to tell their CPS customers.

It's bad enough forcing a CPS customer's calls through your own network but that can (and will) result in the customer being charged £5.25/quarter extra by BT for Caller Display and £3/quarter for basic 1571 because the necessary number of 'qualifying' calls to get them free will then not get through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I'm attempting to cancel TT, the cancellation phone number on the TT site appears to be bogus it goes to a dead line. Went thru customer services instead after extracting their number (0870 087 8038) from the Sales people. Then 15 minute queue and I discovered that I have to request the cancellation thru BT. A direct cancellation with TT would result in me being unable to make outgoing calls, apparently, until BT has completed it's transfer process.