Dotun Adebayo on UAN

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    CillaBlack wrote: »
    I just hate the way there is so much emphasis put on black and white people being different, we are all just humans. I
    With you on this one. Dotun's a great broadcaster, and a great guy. It's just jealousy on these boards.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With you on this one. Dotun's a great broadcaster, and a great guy. It's just jealousy on these boards.

How can it be jealousy right honest, some people like him and some don't, its all down to personal taste not an uncontrollable emotion. If you think Dotun is great then fair play to you thats your choice.
  • R300R300 Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you hear Peter the cabbie say last night that he has seen a whole load of comments on the web about Dotun? Dotun brushed over that very quickly - maybe fearing that all the negative comments would be mentioned more than any positive ones.
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    R300 wrote: »
    Did you hear Peter the cabbie say last night that he has seen a whole load of comments on the web about Dotun? Dotun brushed over that very quickly - maybe fearing that all the negative comments would be mentioned more than any positive ones.

I heard that, i tuned in only because i thought Rhod was on last night and i just got a few minutes of that, the subject was so quick to change that it was like someone had edited the audio as if it was a pre rec show.
  • BootleBootle Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just turned the book review segment on and am thinking Dotuns drunk? He's stuttering and rambling far more than usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    I see Mark Forrest has been on UAN a few times lately. Hopefully they will eventually replace Dotun with him completely.
  • Jim GellatlyJim Gellatly Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Got to say I really enjoy Dotun's shows, especially the world football segment.
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossall wrote: »
    I see Mark Forrest has been on UAN a few times lately. Hopefully they will eventually replace Dotun with him completely.

I agree with you Mark was excellent and I really enjoyed him being on the last 2 weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night, for some reason, he kept calling Elliss Henican different names and after the fourth time he did it the poor bloke just said.

"Dotun could you please just call me Elliss I'm finding it a little strange", or words to that effect. Why was Dotun doing that?

It's almost as if he enjoys those toe curling moments when the guests are very confused and slightly irritated by what he's saying or asking them.

Like when he asked The Gabby Cabby to guess a cricket score and just wouldn't let it go when he said he had no idea.

Very strange!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    Has anyone read his book?

Can I Have My Balls Back Please? (Paperback)
    by Dotun Adebayo (Author)

All the issues surrounding being a man in today's world are here: From an examination of the rituals of modern courtship; to whether English, Jamaican or Nigerian men are better at oral sex; to the fears of being a father. Dotun leaves no taboo untouched in his mission to tell it straight from a brotha's mouth.

Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 752,192 in Books

:D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Can-Have-Balls-Back-Please/dp/1874509875/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236519596&sr=8-1
  • davidb201davidb201 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    jaybs wrote: »
    Is evangeline007 in fact Dotun attempting to keep up his profile here, to demonstrate to the BBC that he does have ONE or TWO fans (so many??)

There is no need for so many threads about someone who disgraces the standards of broadcasting, perhaps the moderators could close two down?

Wake up BBC let us have a new UAN presenter to replace Dotun, he could always start an internet station for his few loyal listeners.

With respect, I'm wondering if you mistyped a word in your final sentence - surely you mean 'two', not 'few'?
  • nwdanwda Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    He was at his toe curling best last night with the Gabby Cabby and the other person. He seems to have no embrassment threshold, for him or his guests! I half expect him to have a Turkey on near next christmas and asking it if its looking forward to getting roasted, then acting surprised when the poor thing kicks off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I tend to listen to UAN because all of the stations here ) in Northern Ireland) are automated in the early hours. Having said that, Dotun's style actually makes me cringe and feel uncomfortable. I don't know why he bothers with guests, as he constantly tries to butt in and hijack whatever they're trying to say. I generally end up switching off when I can take it no longer, especially when the World Music feature is on (terrible). Referring to the phone-in regarding fave black actor etc Could you imagine the furore if a station in Northern Ireland asked for your fave Catholic or Protestant actor/singer/footballer? I cannot believe the BBc doesn't have better presenters worthy of the airtime.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As bad as Dotun can be you still have a choice of not listening.

I usually switch off Alan Green, Richard Bacon, Stephen Nolan and Victoria Derbyshire
  • superbike999superbike999 Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »

I usually switch off Alan Green, Richard Bacon, Stephen Nolan and Victoria Derbyshire

There's nothing worse when dropping off to sleep with earphones in, than the Beeb deciding to play an advert for Alan Green vomiting into the microphone, making you jump out of your skin.

Add to your list:
    Danny Baker - why does he always appear on Liverpool Euro Cup nights?. His whole programme is just him rabbiting about nothing. Probably because he doesn't get many callers because he dosen't know anything about football.

The syrupy Mayo, fawning over some no mark American woman who has written a book!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing worse when dropping off to sleep with earphones in, than the Beeb deciding to play an advert for Alan Green vomiting into the microphone, making you jump out of your skin.

Add to your list:
    Danny Baker - why does he always appear on Liverpool Euro Cup nights?. His whole programme is just him rabbiting about nothing. Probably because he doesn't get many callers because he dosen't know anything about football.

The syrupy Mayo, fawning over some no mark American woman who has written a book!

Is there anything you actually do like about the station?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the New York part of the show was better, although I laughed at the way they had the first caller on the film phone in bring up the fact that the African/black film awards was racists as there isn't a whites only award ceremony.

For the record, I agreed with the caller.

Where's the post gone from the caller who I mention in my post above? He was on here the other day and now I can't find it.
  • superbike999superbike999 Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Is there anything you actually do like about the station?

There is actually. I probably listen to 5 live more than any other station. I especially like Drive, particularly when Peter Allen is presenting it. (The best inteviewer on the station in my view)

I also like parts of Dotuns UAN, i.e the football phone-in and the Gabby Cabby spots. He does however have his faults, but don't we all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »

The real problem is at that time of night - you have a fraction of the choice of listening as you do in the daytime, as all BBC locals take it, and commercial networks are all in back-to back music mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Bluenile wrote: »
    I agree, he's abysmal, always a nasty surprise to find he's on there instead of the excellent Rhod Sharp.

I can't help thinking Dotun is there mainly to help boost the number of 5 Live presenters from ethnic minorities...

how come it's ok to make comments like this one
    yet mine all mine have been removed

there's no point telling you about my complaint to the bbc about dotuns racism...

as the 'freedom of speech' on digitalspy will delete it and ban me,again
    Forum Member
    Where's the post gone from the caller who I mention in my post above? He was on here the other day and now I can't find it.

hi RC30
    hijabjibberjabber here
    all the 'racist' comments about dotun have been taken out,going back to the start of this thread
    i have been banned ,twice,and no doubt will be banned again.

if you want to keep in touch you are welcome to
    contact me on bjwhitfield at tiscali co uk

the result from my complaint is due next week
    Forum Member
    tackler wrote: »
    I tend to listen to UAN because all of the stations here ) in Northern Ireland) are automated in the early hours. Having said that, Dotun's style actually makes me cringe and feel uncomfortable. I don't know why he bothers with guests, as he constantly tries to butt in and hijack whatever they're trying to say. I generally end up switching off when I can take it no longer, especially when the World Music feature is on (terrible). Referring to the phone-in regarding fave black actor etc Could you imagine the furore if a station in Northern Ireland asked for your fave Catholic or Protestant actor/singer/footballer? I cannot believe the BBc doesn't have better presenters worthy of the airtime.

how come you can make comments like his
    yet my comments which totaly agree with you ...are removed and i am banned ...to the naughty step

i don't get it

i have complained to the bbc regarding the above point

if you want to know the result you can contact me
    on bjwhitfield at tiscali co uk

the result to my complaint is due
    Forum Member

i was banned for transgressing the 2.1 bit of the conditions of use

check it out
    i don't think i have broken any rules
    yet i have been kicked off twice

i daren't say what i think.....
  • TetrameshTetramesh Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was banned for transgressing the 2.1 bit of the conditions of use

check it out
    i don't think i have broken any rules
    yet i have been kicked off twice

i daren't say what i think.....

I read your posts before they were deleted and I didn't think you said anything that might fall foul of the Digital Spy's T&Cs. I can see why a newbie moderator might have been concerned but I thought you had some valid points which I'd be interested to know the outcome regarding your complaint to BBC.
    Forum Member
    Tetramesh wrote: »
    I read your posts before they were deleted and I didn't think you said anything that might fall foul of the Digital Spy's T&Cs. I can see why a newbie moderator might have been concerned but I thought you had some valid points which I'd be interested to know the outcome regarding your complaint to BBC.

hi tetra
    thanks for those comments
    please note my email address in case i am kicked off again

i have a dream......

keep in touch

cheers

hijabjibberjabber