Options

- The Miike Snow Appreciation Thread -

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just played on Annie Mac, and had no idea how much i love these guys.

Very Indie Pop/Electropop styles, gorgeous music.

And the video anthology they have made for this album is brilliant.

About a regular man who has his own talents and is "abducted" by a corporation and made into a creature he doesnt want to be.

I think based on the ironies of the music industry, the idea that if you dont stand for your own expressions, your own rights as an artist...you can be manipulated into becoming something you dont want to be.

check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzxYUsnZV6M

their album is available here -

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/28417966/Happy-To-You/Product.html?searchstring=miike+snow&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

released this week :D

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    secon video in the anthology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hFxG7EwzFk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fun fact also guys...Miike Snow are also Bloodshy & Avant! before they established their name...Winneburg and Karlsson worked as the producers Bloodshy & Avant before they met Andrew Wyatt (the lead singer here) to establish them as a band!

No wonder i am really digging these guys right now :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Paddling Out and Rabbit, definitely interested to hear their album. I had no idea they were Bloodshy and Avant! Their productions were easily my fave tracks on Britney and Kylie's Blackout and X respectively. Judging by their recent article they aren't in a hurry to return to the productive side of things, which is a sin because I feel their sound could really push Britney and Kylie particularly to new levels of awesomeness!

But enough about those wonderful pop princesses, Miike Snow are very talented and I feel under-rated! I too came across them via Radio 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    I love Paddling Out and Rabbit, definitely interested to hear their album. I had no idea they were Bloodshy and Avant! Their productions were easily my fave tracks on Britney and Kylie's Blackout and X respectively. Judging by their recent article they aren't in a hurry to return to the productive side of things, which is a sin because I feel their sound could really push Britney and Kylie particularly to new levels of awesomeness!

But enough about those wonderful pop princesses, Miike Snow are very talented and I feel under-rated! I too came across them via Radio 1.

YES MCA1992! thanks for commenting...we must share the love of these guys.

On WIki when it said worked famously with - Britney, Madonna, Kylie...i was like hang on...i dont remember Miike SNow on production credits 2003 - 2007??? and then it HIT me when they said who they were :eek:

But tbh i am glad they have their own conceptualised band definitely.:)

ANd i love they worked with The Queen (Like It Or Not on COADF) and the Princesses too (In The Zone, Balckout, Femme Fatale and X) they are immense producers still.

Yeah i have the album on order :) must order their debut as well and check it out.

But yeah thanks for commenting, will deffo let you know about the album when i own it :) Paddling Out has to be one of my fave songs this year :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES MCA1992! thanks for commenting...we must share the love of these guys.

On WIki when it said worked famously with - Britney, Madonna, Kylie...i was like hang on...i dont remember Miike SNow on production credits 2003 - 2007??? and then it HIT me when they said who they were :eek:

But tbh i am glad they have their own conceptualised band definitely.:)

ANd i love they worked with The Queen (Like It Or Not on COADF) and the Princesses too (In The Zone, Balckout, Femme Fatale and X) they are immense producers still.

Yeah i have the album on order :) must order their debut as well and check it out.

But yeah thanks for commenting, will deffo let you know about the album when i own it :) Paddling Out has to be one of my fave songs this year :)

Your welcome! Thanks for making a thread to appreciate them! I guess this is just one of the many signs of just how underrated these guys are if its just us two appreciating them on here so far!

Ah well! 2 fans is better than none!

Yes, please do let me know how the album is. I think I will wait for opinions/reviews before buying. And if its on Spotify I'll give it a play on there too before buying.

Paddling Out is such a tune, sonically very unique and fresh!

I would still love them to re-work with the pop royalty again even if its a full on collaboration with them singing too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your welcome! Thanks for making a thread to appreciate them! I guess this is just one of the many signs of just how underrated these guys are if its just us two appreciating them on here so far!

Ah well! 2 fans is better than none!

Yes, please do let me know how the album is. I think I will wait for opinions/reviews before buying. And if its on Spotify I'll give it a play on there too before buying.

Paddling Out is such a tune, sonically very unique and fresh!

I would still love them to re-work with the pop royalty again even if its a full on collaboration with them singing too!

Yeah 2 fans on a page will be enough...we can say we are among the first on DS to acknowledge them. Like seriously yes they are being very overlooked. I am thankful for Radio 1 playing them however and Annie Macs show the night before with them was beautiful in a special live lounge....must try and find the audio for it.

Yeah i havent seen many reviews for the album :confused: must have a looky. I reckon next week You Tube will have the songs on it circulating too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy To You is a really beautiful album....right up there :cool: only played in full once today (arrived this afternoon!) But it is brilliant, refreshing sounds.

Will give a full overview of the album soon....but damn it is soemthing else.

If you love electronic/acoustic styles, electro/experimental sounds and some House/Experimental sounds this album definitely has it all....very euphoric and uplifting sounds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy To You is a really beautiful album....right up there :cool: only played in full once today (arrived this afternoon!) But it is brilliant, refreshing sounds.

Will give a full overview of the album soon....but damn it is soemthing else.

If you love electronic/acoustic styles, electro/experimental sounds and some House/Experimental sounds this album definitely has it all....very euphoric and uplifting sounds.

I like all the sounds you mentioned there! Kylie and Britney were at their best on X and Blackout when they mixed it up and experimented so to hear it from the horses mouth itself will be really exciting. I've put in an order for it now! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like all the sounds you mentioned there! Kylie and Britney were at their best on X and Blackout when they mixed it up and experimented so to hear it from the horses mouth itself will be really exciting. I've put in an order for it now! :)

Ah brilliant MCA!!! So glad we share a similar taste...really hope more people take notice f them really.

May check out what their debut previous album is like too...i think released in 2009? not sure?

And yeah Kylie was at her best side in X i feel...her work with Bloodshy was her most daring/experimental...shame the entire album didnt encapsulate on those sounds nor was it produced by em fully....still at least we got some great stuff with em. and yeah Britney showcased a lot of her best sides with them across ehr career.

You will enjoy it...it isnt "intense dance" or "Electropop" in those respects on Miike Snows album but it is very experimental mixing Indie with Dance elements....very refreshing and definitely filling time until MDNA next week....but this album is like one of those that grows every listen.

Also i love the concept of a meta-human-popstar on the run too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital SPy have a competition up for em on the Music page...the art sets look so fun! they are an absurd bunch :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Is their new album out now? I loved their debut :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is their new album out now? I loved their debut :)

Yup was released last Monday :D it is a beautiful album...i need to hear their debut album :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After hearing the beautiful second single The Wave, I have raided iTunes and bought Happy to You! Adding it to the holiday playlist, exciting times!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After hearing the beautiful second single The Wave, I have raided iTunes and bought Happy to You! Adding it to the holiday playlist, exciting times!

Ah yes perfection! Definitely for the summer, now i have blasted MDNA all week can go and re-check Happy To You i in full again :cool: