Sexy Actors of the 1970s and 1980s

Comments

• ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Ooo Rollerball is on now. Going to get a James Caan, John Beck fix.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Thought of another gorgeous man, John Castle, not only good looking, but owner of one of the most seductive voices ever. Later on when his hair turned grey, it made no difference to his attractiveness. He's 72 now.
    Forum Member
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    A trio of gorgeous Jenny's.............

Agutter
    Seagrove
    Hanley
    Good choice - all beautiful and all very much of a kind. Bizarre that they are all so alike and all have the same first name!
    Forum Member
    I wish I'd never looked this one up now. :(

I remembered an actor by the name of Richard Morant, who was always cast as the public school bully or sadistic upper class toff. I was saddened to learn that he died just back in November.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Felicity Kendall and Prunella Scales.
    And June Whitfield, although I feel a bit embarrassed to admit finding her sexy because she was knocking on a bit even in the 70s.
    Forum Member
    Good choice - all beautiful and all very much of a kind. Bizarre that they are all so alike and all have the same first name!

I'd say Hanley was more full on glamorous than Agutter or Seagrove, who were and still are stunning though.
  • cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    RIP Richard Morant :( - I remember as school bully Flashman in the Tom Browns Schooldays TV series

Steve Hodson of "Follyfoot" fame was gorgeous too
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Mccallum in Colditz and The Man from Uncle, also Robert Vaughn in that and The Protectors with the late Tony Anholt.
  • pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oliver Reed was a very hot looking man before the booze took hold, also had a mad crush on Frank Finlay when he was in Casenova and Burt Reynolds (to my shame :o) And of course Lewis Collins, every teenage 70's girl dream man :cool:
    Girl crushes in the 70/80's were Lesley Anne Down, Joanna Lumley (as Purdey), Cherry Gillespie (Pans People) and Madeline Smith from 'saucy' 70's movies.
  • sorlosorlo Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh ...

Harrison Ford (Hello Dr. Jones!)
    Ted Shackelford (Super sexy and great body in Knots Landing)
    William Hurt (Handsome & talented actor)
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Lilaeth wrote: »
    That reminds me that a friend of mine saw a film he made which had scenes with him in the buff, and she swears he has the most beautiful penis she has ever seen! :D

He most certainly does ; ) that was one of his early movies
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Hawkeye71 wrote: »
    Lewis Collins, no question. Alan Alda in MASH. Dirk Benedict in A Team and Battlestar Galactica. Don Johnson in Miami Vice. Oh, and Tom Wopat in Dukes of Hazzard!

Dirk benedict , oh yes he was another one of my crushes..... Sigh. He was in BB a few years ago
  • bill luvs t.vbill luvs t.v Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Katt (House, Carrie)
    Nicholas Clay
    John Stamos (looks even better now)
    Jason Patric
    Emilio Estevez
    Harry Hamlin
    Don Johnson
    Michael Ontkean
    John Beck
    James Caan
    Chris Sarandon
    Lewis Collins
    many more to think of
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    I pick these decades because they were my growing up years. I've been watching a lot of movies from those days recently and have noticed, despite some questionable fashion, there were some really sexy actors in them.

Just watched Rollerball with James Caan and John Beck. Two gorgeous sexy hairy 70s hunks. Particularly liked the shower scene. :-)

Also really fancied Clint Eastwood in his 70s films like The Gauntlet and Dirty Harry.

Any other actors of prominence back then worth a look?

In the early seventies Patrick Mower and Anthony Valentine were considered "heart throbs".
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe there's no mention of Sid James, he never had any trouble pulling a younger bird - Only joking before anyone thinks I'm being serious.

Ralph Bates
    Lee Majors
    Patrick Duffy
    William Shatner
    Dirk Benedict
    Bill Bixby
    Pierce Brosnan
    Ben Murphy
    James Garner
    Lyle Waggoner

All of the above were considered sex symbols
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    Can't believe there's no mention of Sid James, he never had any trouble pulling a younger bird - Only joking before anyone thinks I'm being serious.

Ralph Bates
    Lee Majors
    Patrick Duffy
    William Shatner
    Dirk Benedict
    Bill Bixby
    Pierce Brosnan
    Ben Murphy
    James Garner
    Lyle Waggoner

All of the above were considered sex symbols

Absolutely! He was stunning in Maverick and The Rockford Files.

Also, Al Corley, the original Steven Carrington in Dynasty. Jack Coleman was good looking too, but I think Al had a cuter boy-next-door thing going on.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Absolutely! He was stunning in Maverick and The Rockford Files.

Also, Al Corley, the original Steven Carrington in Dynasty. Jack Coleman was good looking too, but I think Al had a cuter boy-next-door thing going on.

I wasn't too fond of the Stephens, I preferred Adam Carrington, he was evil, incidently Gordon Thomson has aged quite well too, oh my, just remember Dex Dexter was that his name? :D
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    I wasn't too fond of the Stephens, I preferred Adam Carrington, he was evil, incidently Gordon Thomson has aged quite well too, oh my, just remember Dex Dexter was that his name? :D

Wasn't to keen on Adam, he looked to slimy. But Gordon Thompson aged well and looked a lot better in Sunset Beach.

Dex Dexter had an annoying wheezy voice. :-)

Someone mentioned Dirk Benedict from the A- Team earlier. Actually I had more of a crush on Dwight Schultz (Murdoch).
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deborah Grant - gorgeous :)
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete Duel from Alias Smith and Jones, beautiful man such a waste of a life.

This. ^^^ He was absolutely gorgeous, it was a great programme and so tragic what happened to him at such a young age. :(

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eOFtKiOedBc/TclPbXwciiI/AAAAAAAAFqY/53xkgA_e1Zs/s400/PeteDuel.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m79sdef3vf1qji104o4_1280.jpg

http://www.mainstreetmallonline.com/fanstuff/members/buhhoe/listings/082509MSMO133.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alias_Smith_and_Jones
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob Lowe looks younger now than he did in the 80s, if that's possible.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    Rob Lowe looks younger now than he did in the 80s, if that's possible.

It's called botox. :D
  • APInnAPInn Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Loving the Lewis Collins love!

Here is Lewis in an episode of "Warship" - remeber that ?

very nice in full sailor uniform - mmmm:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NmxV7DQC5E
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    It's called botox. :D
    . Oh I hope not! I saw him close up at the Hay Festival last year, and he looked natural.

I never fancied him in the 80s, but have to say he's rather delicious now :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Hi been lurking around for a long while and have decided to take the plunge and post!

Anthony Andrews (I believe he was in a series called Danger UXB?)
    Michael Brandon ( Dempsey and Makepeace)
    Larry Lamb (In Triangle)

And Girl crushes

Glynnis Barber (from above)
    Kate O'Mara (also of Triangle)
    Julie Christie