Neighbour binned my parcel!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    You'd be surprised at the crap that people make up on this forum. There's everything from mail order brides throwing peanut butter at Daughters to people getting arrested and thrown in jail for having a few heated words in the street.
    Indeed.

Some are more out there than others but they usually trip over there own lies no matter how well they think they've covered their tracks.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'd invest £1 in a "THANK YOU" card from the Pound shop,write effusively in it of my gratitude at her kindness in taking in my parcel & storing it for me,apologise for causing her bother .....then pop it through her letter box.
    Maybe the woman was stressed. Maybe the wall knocker-downer is the mental one. One just never knows. But it will do no harm & might do some good in mending that whole thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do company's now put people's telephone numbers on packaging for everyone to see? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Personally I'd invest £1 in a "THANK YOU" card from the Pound shop,write effusively in it of my gratitude at her kindness in taking in my parcel & storing it for me,apologise for causing her bother .....then pop it through her letter box.
    Maybe the woman was stressed. Maybe the wall knocker-downer is the mental one. One just never knows. But it will do no harm & might do some good in mending that whole thing.

The advice I gave earlier in the thread was offered taking the information you had given us at the time. Might I also suggest you address the correspondence to both the couple now that your mum's had that text?

I'm in tied accommodation so getting on with the neighbours is a must.
  • Options
    Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do company's now put people's telephone numbers on packaging for everyone to see? :confused:

No. This tale is total bull shite and before the poster returns saying 'why would I make up such a boring story' we don't know love, maybe your real life is just that dull?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    maybe i mis-read, but are you really suggesting that someone would keep all rubbish inside their house until bin day?

if yes, then the place must stink!
    For goodness sake. I live in Camden too and our rubbish is collected twice a week. So it's just a matter of tying up the bag in the bin and putting it out. People on here doubt everything when it really is not necessary.
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For goodness sake. I live in Camden too and our rubbish is collected twice a week. So it's just a matter of tying up the bag in the bin and putting it out. People on here doubt everything when it really is not necessary.

nice try, move on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    nice try, move on.
    What does that mean? That you think I'm lying about rubbish collection? How strange. My ordinary rubbish is collected on a Tuesday and a Friday and my recycling on a Monday. What's the matter. Can't you stand being wrong?
  • Options
    RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's common with couriers yes. Contact details for the sender are often on the shipping label.
  • Options
    citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite agree. The OP was quite rude about her herself calling her 'batshit crazy' and such like. Very uncalled for.

Maybe just a nasty, self absorbed, arrogant, anti-social piece of work instead?

She sounds like the exact kind of scumbag London is renowned for.
  • Options
    QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news!

I posted a note through her door politely asking if she could drop it round if it was still there. Got back to mine at 3am and it was waiting on the door step, unopened and in perfect condition! My mam got a text this morning saying 'Lucky for you the package not taken from outside the garage, husband dropped it to address given.'(My mam's phone no was on the printed label as a contact number.)

I'd like to think she had a change of mind and decided to be a good person but she probably couldn't be bothered with me banging on her door everyday.

That makes no sense. Can't figure out what it's supposed to say, I must be tired. Whatever. Glad you got your parcel. :)
  • Options
    dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what was in the parcel? I really want to know now! :D
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorahall wrote: »
    So what was in the parcel? I really want to know now! :D
    I wanna know what love is.,
  • Options
    phepiaphepia Posts: 1,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP already stated it was some moonpig stuff, with her face daubed all over the products in the present?