Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »
    It's a comedy panel show, you're not supposed to care who wins each round!I wouldn't say Frank Skinner was stroppy. That Victoria Coren, though, seems to have bit of a temper. And she must have been picking up tips on ranting from David Mitchell!

Nothing wrong with a good rant, it's very cathartic, and it is the sort of show that's set-up to go off on one.

I like it when she gets one on her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Got to love Victoria Coren. If it wasn't for a certain Mr Mitchell, she'd be mine...

:D:D:D
    Good taste.
    Hell of a poker player as well!

Maybe I over-reacted, but IMHO Skinner and the panel game format still doesn't work for me as well as the days of Hancock or Merton, and the 30 minute fomat doesn't work either.

Ideally I'd like to see it at 30 - 45 minutes, but with one guest again, and somebody like Sean Lock being the regular presenter.
    Yeah! Sean Lock. That'd be great! :cool:
    Might not agree with his choices but I'd be too busy cracking up!
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Terry's choice of packaging was put in by someone on the original series (maybe Spike Milligan?)
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Peter Cook wanted plastic packaging in Room101. Packed sandwiches and I think the plastic thingy that holds socks together.
    And in the XL version Tuffers' choice of "sentences going up at the end" isn't exactly original. I've always assumed it was caused by Neighbours in the 80's even before Stephen Fry put it (or tried to) into Room 101 as an AQI (in the Paul Merton era, I think).

On another note, when Vicky was moaning about windows and Frank showed a pic of a church which is now a house, I recognized it immediately! It's not actually a house but has been converted into flats.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    Good taste.
    Hell of a poker player as well!

Maybe I over-reacted, but IMHO Skinner and the panel game format still doesn't work for me as well as the days of Hancock or Merton, and the 30 minute fomat doesn't work either.

Ideally I'd like to see it at 30 - 45 minutes, but with one guest again, and somebody like Sean Lock being the regular presenter.

Sean Lock would be perfect!
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skiller wrote: »
    And in the XL version Tuffers' choice of "sentences going up at the end" isn't exactly original. I've always assumed it was caused by Neighbours in the 80's even before Stephen Fry put it (or tried to) into Room 101 as an AQI (in the Paul Merton era, I think).

On another note, when Vicky was moaning about windows and Frank showed a pic of a church which is now a house, I recognized it immediately! It's not actually a house but has been converted into flats.

I am sure the High Rising Terminal predates Neighbours by many years, Wonkypedia suggests it might have originated in New Zealand and is also known in parts of the US.
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to put bandwidth-wasting "extra bitsez red buttony full helpin' totally like totall all" shows into Room 101.

Just show us the whole goddamed show... now.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or Jack Dee !
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Wulfster wrote: »
    Lock was good on TV Heaven, Telly Hell.
    But I thought he was disppointing on Argumental. I thought Sargeant was much better. Hound and Brigstock were also much better in their roles which isn't something you're likely to hear much :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I am sure the High Rising Terminal predates Neighbours by many years, Wonkypedia suggests it might have originated in New Zealand and is also known in parts of the US.
    Never heard of the phrase "High Rising Terminal" before, but I like it! At first glance, I would object to it as its initials could cause confusion; but then again, so could "Australian Question Intonation", whose initials are apparently more usually used for "Air Quality Index", which I have also never heard of! How my education has let me down...

However, all I meant to say was that I only noticed British people using it a lot during the late 80s which happened to coincide with the popularity of Australian soaps - so I just assumed, probably wrongly.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's actually really bad at interviewing, all awkward pauses and nerves from the pilot he did a while back.
    So funny when on 9OTC though! he needs someone to spark off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    So funny when on 9OTC though!
    Is that on C4+1? :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    skiller wrote: »
    Never heard of the phrase "High Rising Terminal" before, but I like it! At first glance, I would object to it as its initials could cause confusion; but then again, so could "Australian Question Intonation", whose initials are apparently more usually used for "Air Quality Index", which I have also never heard of! How my education has let me down...

However, all I meant to say was that I only noticed British people using it a lot during the late 80s which happened to coincide with the popularity of Australian soaps - so I just assumed, probably wrongly.
    Stephen Fry explained it better than Tuffers.
    He also went on to American Westcoast accents doing the same and now some London socialite types.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OluCvL0lRnI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Stephen Fry explained it better than Tuffers.
    He also went on to American Westcoast accents doing the same and now some London socialite types.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OluCvL0lRnI
    See post #404. But thanks for the link! :)
  • brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the comedian from the inbetweeners!!!! Legend!!!

Who invited Janet street Porter tho??? Something tells me she's going to try and take over the show!
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Greg Davies is hilarious, but the other 2 are annoying me
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    God she is a horrible woman.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    oh shut up Porter you bitter old cow
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    oh shut up Porter you bitter old cow

If she says something is posh one more time, I'm turning over.Silly woman.
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this programme, but shes really annoying!!
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,521
    Forum Member
    Her anti "upper class" thing just because Ben Fogle is on there and is a bit posh is wearing thin
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I have a suitcase with wheels.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I have a suitcase with wheels.

I think everyone does. I try not to use it because they eventually break but I've had some suitcases that would have been impossible to use if I couldn't have wheeled them.
    A stupid thing to put into 101 if you ask me.

Another here who's already thoroughly fed up with Porter. Why does she assume that all her opinions are fact?

ETA: Has no-one told Porter how to use the TV remote? Local news can be useful but I agree it's a little dull, so I just watch something else, I don't "waste 10 minutes of my life" :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From someone who does a programme talking about nothing!!
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleet wrote: »
    From someone who does a programme talking about nothing!!

I'd rather watch Midlands Today on loop than 10 minutes of Loose Women!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    I'd rather watch Midlands Today on loop than 10 minutes of Loose Women!

So would I. Awful woman!!