• Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,108
    Forum Member
    The Wire.
    Homeland.
    Modern Family.
    Downton Abbey.
    Graceland.
    That recent BBC drama about the house with all the weird neighbours.

I do like The Wire but I don't get why most people say it's the best show there's ever been. It's very good but I wouldn't say it's amazing. Mind you I didn't understand half of what they were saying :o:D

Banshee. I watched it and lots of people raved over it but I didn't get why. It was ok, got a bit boring and samey towards the end. If Antony Starr hadn't have been in it (getting his kit off) I'd have given up on it way before the end ;)
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wire. I watched the first series, it took me a good few episodes to get into it. Overall, I did quite enjoy it in the end. But I wouldn't have said it was amazing. I haven't gone out of my way to watch the other series.

Downton Abbey. Saw one episode... they were all just talking around a dinner table, found it all really boring in all honesty. No denying it's very popular though and has good production values.

The Only Way is Essex/Made in Chelsea - I just don't get the whole "scripted reality" thing. Surely it's a reality show or it isn't? And if it's scripted, I'd rather watch something fictional that's more exciting, like soaps or dramas that have murder mysteries etc. Why would I want to watch someone's relationship problems for an hour? Boring :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Wire. I watched the first series, it took me a good few episodes to get into it. Overall, I did quite enjoy it in the end. But I wouldn't have said it was amazing. I haven't gone out of my way to watch the other series

Same here. It took me about three or four episodes to get into the first series of The Wire but I really liked it by the end. I've since seen every series and it is very good television, but I've seen other shows I think are better. You should give the other series a go though. They're showing them all again on Sky Atlantic, still on series one at the moment. They do get even better as they go along.
  • Options
    elle77elle77 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Big Brother
    X Factor
    Mrs Brown's Boys
  • Options
    Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most things on ITV2 are overrated as is the channel itself.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Returned.
  • Options
    curlybaggiecurlybaggie Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I've seen all of the episodes of Peaky Blinders, but in my opinion it's not as good i hoped it would be.I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just seems to lack something.
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love threads like this where people are arrogant enough to actually believe their opinion is the only barometer of excellence.

You only have to look at some of the pearls of wisdom above to quickly understand the foolishness of taking them seriously
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Too many to list. All soaps, most soapy dramas (casualty, Waterloo Road etc), most game shows, most chat shows, all kids TV, some comedy (Mrs Brown's Boys / that new thing on BBC 1 in a similar slot with the Irish guy in the lead :o ).

Hysteria? Really? BGT had been on for years before I even knew it existed and I'm not watching XF this year and I haven't heard or seen anything about it.

Hysteria refers to the studio audience antics.Tried X Factor no thanks, and clips of BGT much the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rolergirl wrote: »
    what programmes do you think are overated and just dont get the hype?
    mine are Downtown abbey, strictly come dancing and the x factor.
    I also hated friends

OFAH. The shitty show should of had 3 series and then end. They are supposed to be wheelers and dealers and putting wives and turning it into a soap was a terrible idea.
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love threads like this where people are arrogant enough to actually believe their opinion is the only barometer of excellence.

You only have to look at some of the pearls of wisdom above to quickly understand the foolishness of taking them seriously
    And does that apply <ahem> to people commenting on the comments in threads, too? :p
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who rates ITV2? I've never heard anyone claim it is a quality channel.

Probably Peter Andre as it's kept him famous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've seen all of the episodes of Peaky Blinders, but in my opinion it's not as good i hoped it would be.I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just seems to lack something.

I can't get into it, I've tried but it's missing something for me as well.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have I Got News For You and QI are the two most overrated panel shows on British TV.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. It took me about three or four episodes to get into the first series of The Wire but I really liked it by the end. I've since seen every series and it is very good television, but I've seen other shows I think are better. You should give the other series a go though. They're showing them all again on Sky Atlantic, still on series one at the moment. They do get even better as they go along.

I might try the other series at some point. I don't have Sky Atlantic, but my friend has all the series on DVD. (that's how I watched the first series) I might ask him if he wants to do a DVD swap .
    I can't get into it, I've tried but it's missing something for me as well.

That's a shame, as I have all the episodes so far on series link. I haven't started watching it yet though.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wallander.
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones. Montalalbano,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I might try the other series at some point. I don't have Sky Atlantic, but my friend has all the series on DVD. (that's how I watched the first series) I might ask him if he wants to do a DVD swap .

That's a shame, as I have all the episodes so far on series link. I haven't started watching it yet though.

You might like Peaky Blinders, quite a few people have said how good it is. I just can't get into it myself, but I'm going to catch up with the latest episode because I enjoyed the one before that more than the previous ones. It might be a slow burner with me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wallander.

But which Wallander? Lassgard, Henriksson or Branagh? Or all three?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was thinking that. I really like the Henriksson ones but couldn't get into the others.

I love both of the Swedish ones, not so much the Branagh one though.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miranda.

Completely agree.

Also:

Gavin and Stacey
    The Big Bang Theory
    Will and Grace
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    Lost
    X Factor
    Downtown Abbey
    Britain's Got Talent.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spectra wrote: »
    as a matter of interest, did you actually watch breaking bad?

I tried but gave up after 6 episodes just didn't get what all the hype was about
  • Options
    bidleybipbidleybip Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Gavin and Stacey, just don't find it funny plus I can't stand James Corden.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex And The City
    Downton Abbey
    Miranda
    I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
    Dr Who
  • Options
    Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well in your own mind you only know your own opinions to make the choice as to what you like and don't like.

That's why forums like this exist as you don't know what everyone else is thinking do you?