Options

Benefits Street: C4 6th Jan 9pm

Comments

• Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    Why doesn't Fungi spend some of his time cleaning his filthy house !

He's a pisshead.

Not sure what White Dee's excuse is for having such a messy home - it's not as though she doesn't have the time to tidy up.
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Funghi didn't have a support worker of some kind, he clearly needed one and fair play to 'White Dee' for helping him out.

My council flat is damp and mouldy and whilst fighting depression, trying to decorate whilst all you personal possessions rot with mould is soul destroying.

People such as these need motivation and investment, not dismissing!
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has just e-mailed me to say;

Having watched Benefits Street, it's like Sesame Street
    Both have a big bird, a bloke living out of a bin, and people learning the alphabet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    Fungi is like a sub-human beast lurking around in his filthy hovel.

Like a adult baby complaining about the state of the free house he has that's like a shithole cos he has spent his cash on heroin and special brew, I bet it wasn't like that when he moved in, the only job he has had was in McDonalds but he got the sack (something to do with a sawn of shotgun
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Like a adult baby complaining about the state of the free house he has that's like a shithole cos he has spent his cash on heroin and special brew, I bet it wasn't like that when he moved in, the only job he has had was in McDonalds but he got the sack (something to do with a sawn of shotgun

he tried to rob it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    he is a human being like you or me

He might be like you but Not like me sorry, give me a house rent free I wouldn't destroy it then complain about the state and want the council to sort it, I wouldnt try and rob a McDonalds with a sawn off either,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    he tried to rob it

It was a joke, just like fat Dee seamed to think it was when Fungus told her, charming people
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jioscar wrote: »
    Why doesn't Fungi spend some of his time cleaning his filthy house !

Erm! because he has had a hard life or some other excuse I'm sure someone will tell us
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a joke, just like fat Dee seamed to think it was when Fungus told her, charming people

was it, i thought he was being serious
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Food bank alert.

I wonder if they will be popping down to the food bank, with mobile phone in one hand and a **** in the other hand?
    She came back with the food in a private hire car. :p
    I can't even say how much I hate White Dee.
    I am guessing that she will not get your vote when she enters the next Celeb Big Brother house:o
    at least she wants her kids to grow up and work
    She. That's what she says.
    i think she does care about her neighbours though, she has alot of faults but she does seem to care
    I think she likes being on the tele.
    hope the woman who wants modelling work gets it, she is quite attractive
    I commend her efforts.
    fungai going through the mementos he has of the children he lost :(
    I felt sorry for him too

I didn't, especially when he said it was for their benefit. He's interfering with their lives for his benefit.
    Andagha wrote: »
    Surely the council would have to repair Fungi's house if it is in that bad state of disrepair.
    Either he smashed the place up or he was daft enough to take on a property that was smashed up. I know what I think.
    fungi getting to see his kids again, fantastic
    No it isn't The poor kid would be totally confused.
    DamienS wrote: »
    Sad but they aren't his kids anymore
    Not his kids.
    I know, I hope they haven't told his son were going to see daddy tomorrow and then told him oh were not :(
    No longer his son.
    Dimsie wrote: »
    Sorry for Fungi. That was a horrible thing for the adoptive parents to do. :(
    We don't know the truth of it.
    Ghespetti wrote: »
    I feel what Mark and Becky is going through is not right, they have gone further into poverty.
    Perhaps they should pull their socks up. One of them should get a job.
    I'm really surprised that Fungi had been given a chance to see his son after ex amount of years. If the child has been adopted then the biological parent has relinquished all rights to the child and would have no further rights to see him or contact him. I know for a fact that contact with biological parents, after adoption is frowned on and is totally discouraged and not allowed. I only say it as my sister is a fosterer and has little ones before they are adopted etc..
    Agreed
    Cosya wrote: »
    Glad he got his food parcel he looks so happy
    They still have a stupid belief in a God.
    Yeah! Look what he has done for you!
    :confused:
    chloeb wrote: »
    Armed robbery? And wonders why he doesnt have his kids with him?
    I don't believe him about the armed robberfy.
    Don't see why Fungi can't move back with Donna, or at least try and make a go of it with her. Maybe then he wouldn't have had the meltdown...
    Perhaps she is no longer stupid.
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol that's a long post to essentially say, "I hate poor people" >:(
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what an overreaction

Nah.

Their futures would be brighter if they HAD been raised by wolves.
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really. I suspect the usual suspects - Katie Hopkins, Edwina Currie and Kelvin Mackenzie to name three have either been approached or approached them both to appear.

I fear any debate will involve the word "abolition" without discussion of any of the consequences of such a call.

Wouldn't be surprised if Katie Hopkins is on this show, she was on a similar programme not so long back that involved students and work and she asked one student why he couldn't clean toilets to get by; she'd have a ball with this debate (and the channel 4 one that's after the last episode of benefits street)
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Katie Hopkins is on this show, she was on a similar programme not so long back that involved students and work and she asked one student why he couldn't clean toilets to get by; she'd have a ball with this debate (and the channel 4 one that's after the last episode of benefits street)

I can imagine her getting lamped by White Dee though.. possibly just a little bit too risky for live TV? :confused:

I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy seeing that though.
  • Options
    MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muze wrote: »
    Lol that's a long post to essentially say, "I hate poor people" >:(

I know right!? I fear coming in this thread as it's becoming so right wing I wouldn't be surprised if the question of social cleansing comes up. Yes, some of the moral values are questionable but it's as if people have no understanding of cause and effect and vicious cycles in society. People don't set out to be this hopeless!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was discussing this programme with my neighbour yesterday. She works part time as a cleaner, no chance of any overtime, and she told me that after paying her rent, heating and electricity, she has around £8 per week left for food. :o She's been told she's not entitled to tax credits as she lives alone and only has 24 hours at minimum wage, but if she did find another 6 hours somewhere she'd get an extra £60 or £80 working tax credits on top of what she earns. When I asked how the hell she manages, she said she buys bread late at night in the supermarket for 12p which lasts her a week, and nearly out of date fruit & veg, and buys the basic brands of pasta and rice, cereals, etc.

I asked if she's ever gone to a food bank and she said she didn't need to because as miserable an existence as it is to live like as she does, she gets by alright. She's desperate to find more work but just can't seem to strike lucky. :( Not that she wants my sympathy, but I came home feeling guilty for starting the conversation, and even more guilty when I think of my own extravagance in certain areas.

I didn't realise things could be just as bad for working people not on benefits and struggling as she does. It's all very sad. And very BAD! >:(
  • Options
    buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Fungi and White Dee in a relationship ?
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    OMG :o

Well, if they are I hope I never see evidence of it. The mental picture is bad enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    buttsfife wrote: »
    Are Fungi and White Dee in a relationship ?

No, she jist helps him out a lot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Nah.

Their futures would be brighter if they HAD been raised by wolves.

You do say some ridiculous things
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh the man that does the voiceover played Eileen's fire fighter boyfriend on Coronation Street :D

I thought I recognised the voice!!

Ive seen the advertise the channel 5 debate which I think is sometime this week? Are channel 4 also having one?
  • Options
    SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Theses disgusting tramps take the p1ss, skipping off down the food bank for free handouts.Why not try giving up the cigs, booze and mobiles and spending it on food.The whole lot of them are vile and need wiping out, scum
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He might be like you but Not like me sorry, give me a house rent free I wouldn't destroy it then complain about the state and want the council to sort it, I wouldnt try and rob a McDonalds with a sawn off either,

So who else are you better than and who are your betters?
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't see why Fungi can't move back with Donna, or at least try and make a go of it with her. Maybe then he wouldn't have had the meltdown...

Given the way these people flit from partner to partner, rest assured that Donna would have had yet another unsuitable 'boyfriend' in her life.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    She came back with the food in a private hire car. :p

Yes I noticed that too.