Options

Sarah Platt is returning to Corrie!

Comments

• Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Brilliant! I hope this doesn't end up a damp squib. I used to really like Sarah.

Bethany on the other hand was a prize pain. :mad:
    :D How was little baby Bethany a prize pain? :confused::D

Where are they both going to live? Not in the Platt house surely? :o
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she need the money, that's usually why they return?
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Tellystar wrote: »

She's just had a baby about a week ago in real life - I'd have thought it would be a wrench to be away from a newborn.
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe Bethany is a teenager now! Though it has been 7 years since they left.

It's annoying that they're doing the generic "wild child" route with her, but will be good to see Sarah back
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catakin wrote: »
    About time too Sarah managed to come home to visit her family especially after the bad times the Platts have been through. Before you all say 'it's only a soap', I know that, but it is supposed to be fairly true to life and I believe in normal every day life family members would visit from time to time and she's only living in Italy. Last time I checked they still have planes there!

If the actress didn't want to come back into the soap then producers/writers or whoever could have brought a new actress in.

Should be good with her in but as Kylie will be on maternity leave probably around then the 2 characters may have to wait a while to meet up.

I don't think it was that she didn't want to return but her personal history with Ryan Thomas could of been the issue, apparently she was at one point a couple years ago was in talks to reprise her role but he discouraged her, they broke up not long afterwards but they seem in be on good terms now days so might be easier for them to work in the same environment.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Oh how original. I wonder how many in depth writers meetings they had to come up with that gem.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ben marsh wrote: »
    ben price took over the role as nick in 2009 2 years after sarah left
    imagine her shock when she sees her 30 year old bruv looking older than their mom.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    Bethanys a teenager!! Christ i feel old!

Good news though. I always liked Sarah.

Bethany...Not to be confused with Beth. :p
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Awful news.

I agree.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Inevitable! Wonder if she'll be nice to Todd and Kylie. :p

Scary to think Bethany's older than Faye.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inevitable!

Scary to think Bethany's older than Faye.

Don't say that :(! You make me feel old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    She's just had a baby about a week ago in real life - I'd have thought it would be a wrench to be away from a newborn.
    Tbf, she doesn't even start filming until next year, (probably Feb), ready for Sarah Lou's on screen appearance in Spring (Apr?), so no biggie there. Plenty of mums don't get that luxury. :)
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really pleased with this news. However under current producer and current team in charge it could be another character given poor storylines. Hopefully ITV axe SB before he gets his hands on too much of the storylines for next year and the next producer can improve on them.

That's the fear, which would mean that her returning would be judged a complete failure, even though it might have little to do with the character per se and everything to do with not knowing what to do with the character in the first place.
  • Options
    HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    So happy about this! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really pleased with this news. However under current producer and current team in charge it could be another character given poor storylines. Hopefully ITV axe SB before he gets his hands on too much of the storylines for next year and the next producer can improve on them.
    Or, just for once, we could stop pre-judging everything months in advance and wait and see. :)
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has she had any children with this Italian boyfriend then?
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Surprising it took this long really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really great news - been waiting a long time for this, tbh. 7 years without Sarah there was just too long. Had always thought her return was fairly inevitable, at some point :-)

Maybe with Kylie being out at the time Sarah Lou returns was one of the main motivating factors for bringing back Sarah. The gap that Kylie leaves in the Platt household which Sarah will then fill. With Callum possibly hanging around, there could be a story there.

Whatever the reasons (whether it be Kylie's temporary exit & there being a gap to fill or not, who knows) this is very good and long overdue news for the Street, the Platts & all the fans, who've been wanting such a great character back for years.

Just hope (as has been mentioned) that TPTB don't mess it up. As long as they don't, it's a sure sign of potential improvement for Corrie down the track, with some good stuff on the way for the Platts (and everyone else who they interact with - these being lots of different characters, of course).

This is something to really look forward to, apparently - and finally. Surprising news in a way to come out like this (in a good way) but also surprising that Sarah coming back took so long to actually materialise :-)

:-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    :D How was little baby Bethany a prize pain? :confused::D

Where are they both going to live? Not in the Platt house surely? :o
    She was the original devil child. >:(

......I think :blush:
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Or, just for once, we could stop pre-judging everything months in advance and wait and see. :)

Well said! Totally agree!
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »

I'm sure that when she left she vowed never to return
    Who next, Becky (Katherine Kelly)
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Surprising to see so many positive posts about Sarah's return, she was widely hated on this forum when she was last on the show.

Personally I like her though.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they bring back Candice for her too.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I hope they bring back Candice for her too.

Did Candice leave before Sarah the last time? Or after?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could this be the popular character that SB was talking about