Forum Member
✭✭✭
She seems totally unaffected by it, Unlike her mother

Comments

• Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like all ilness, disablilities and scars in soapland, they dissappear without trace within a week, :D sometime i wish i lived in soapland.. i could be fall 200 ft and shatter both legs and be doing a double marathon the next day like nothing happened :)
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just seems odd that it's the blight of her mothers life and not hers
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed by medication?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Managed by medication?

so is Jean but look at her
  • Options
    HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Medication helps
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    so is Jean but look at her

But Jean is known for not always taking her medication

Plus Bipolar affects people differently.
  • Options
    absalomabsalomabsalomabsalom Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems totally unaffected by it, Unlike her mother

Let's assume successful medication and counselling.

I have bipolar 2 but I haven't had an "episode" this year (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Jean have a worse form of it?
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Died with Archie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Jean is known for not always taking her medication

Plus Bipolar affects people differently.

In that case Jean mustn't portray the cause in good light.. People are going to think that they're all like her
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey's always been a bit more lucid and level headed then Jean though so could handle her bipolar condition better then her.
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bipolar isnt the same for everyone. Jean is more severe.

Its there and will be revisited next year Id say.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is entirely possible for a lot of people to manage Bipolar with a combination of medication and support from a CMHT. I haven't been sectioned for two years (joy of joys!)

For some people it can be particularly difficult to treat however, particularly those who have comorbid conditions like personality disorders or schizophrenia. I always thought Jean seemed more like she had schizophrenia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just Jeans personality
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jean's an eccentric character though and that has nothing to do with her bipolar. So even when Jean is taking her medication and isn't being affected by her bipolar she still seems a bit hyper. Stacey as someone said above is more level headed. When Stacey first came back to Walford she mentioned she'd stopped taking her pills so she could have a baby with Luke so they haven't forgotten her bipolar. It came up again when she was in prison and Jean was trying to get her out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Stacey recognises the bipolar patterns more so than Jean as she grew up with the bipolar disorder being a massive part of her life. Also she was Jean's sole carer for years after her father died and Sean took off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is entirely possible for a lot of people to manage Bipolar with a combination of medication and support from a CMHT. I haven't been sectioned for two years (joy of joys!)

For some people it can be particularly difficult to treat however, particularly those who have comorbid conditions like personality disorders or schizophrenia. I always thought Jean seemed more like she had schizophrenia.

I agree

and through my own experience, it is difficult to treat. I hope one day to have it as managed as Stacey.
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God the ignorance! Just because in affects Jean in a certain way doesn't mean Stacey will be like that too! Everyone's different and it affects people in different ways. Tbh, there's not really a point in this thread because EE haven't actually done anything unrealistic regarding Stacey's current behavour relating to her BiPolar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case Jean mustn't portray the cause in good light.. People are going to think that they're all like her

and I think that's one of the reasons Stacey isn't really affected by it.

she's got it under control, she can live a normal life.
  • Options
    WillyVWadeWillyVWade Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Anyone correct me if I'm wrong on either the EE history or how mental illnesses effect, but didn't Jean spend years suffering without help whereas stacey got help pretty soon after noticing the symptoms?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WillyVWade wrote: »
    Anyone correct me if I'm wrong on either the EE history or how mental illnesses effect, but didn't Jean spend years suffering without help whereas stacey got help pretty soon after noticing the symptoms?

Likely because the understanding of mental health changed a lot between when Jean first started showing signs to when Stacey started showing signs.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    I think the only issue with this is that Stacey fails to ever mention it, not that she should in everyday conversation but as it's such a big part of her the odd reference would make more sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    I think the only issue with this is that Stacey fails to ever mention it, not that she should in everyday conversation but as it's such a big part of her the odd reference would make more sense.

Her bipolar was key to her getting out of jail.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just seems odd that it's the blight of her mothers life and not hers

I wish Jean would come back! Gillian Wright couldn't of chose a worse time to leave!:D
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although it does seem to have completely disappeared, I do think most of Jean's actions were also straight down to her personality.