Mark Feehily Solo Career

coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
Forum Member
✭✭
any news and update about him, post it all here :)

i think he deserves a spot cause he came from one of the most successful boyband in the world too, aside from the fact that he has one of the best sounding male voice :)

Comments

• zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you created this thread too early. All we know so far is that he is recording the album, nothing else. I'm guessing he will release it in 2014 and he won't wait for November.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is great little info on Mark:

A music producer Pete Boxsta Martin wrote this on his facebook:

In studio with @MarkusFeehily from Westlife fame - incredible singer, I think his fan base is going to be ultra shocked and pleasantly surprised by his new direction. Excited for people to hear this.

I just knew that Mark will do something different - I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice, I found your thread, we can continue here :)

But maybe we should change it to Markus Feehily :D - I find it interesting he decided to go by his full name.

We do know this, according to the website that announced his gig:

Markus embraced his newfound independence as a solo artist by heading straight back into the studio to explore a darker, more soulful, electronic sound.

AND Mark stated on his Facebook his genre will be Pop/Soul.

the fact that he opened all these accounts in such short time (Instagram, Youtube, Facebook and even Google +) just shows we will hear new music from him very soon. Also, a fan asked him the other day on Twitter:

Will there be a tease of your music before the show or it'll all be revealed on March 4th?

and he replied: I'm thinking about this! I don't know yet (honest answer!) x

I hope we do get to hear something before March.
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great!!

I TOO IS ULTRA EXCITED ON WHAT HE IS ABOUT TO GIVE HIS FANS AND THE NON-FANS lol

I always believe he the most creative westlife member :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    great!!

I TOO IS ULTRA EXCITED ON WHAT HE IS ABOUT TO GIVE HIS FANS AND THE NON-FANS lol

I always believe he the most creative westlife member :)

Yes, most definitely. But I also think Brian is very creative, when he was around they wrote more - when he left, Syco took over with their demands.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Good to see there is a topic about his solo debut. I agree, he is launching his solo as "Markus Feehily" so maybe we can change the title? ;)

I am really looking forward to this. He is incredibly talented, he took his time without rushing into things and hopefully he will release something special and be given the chance by the general public, music sites, radios etc to be heard.

Tickets for his first show at Scala (London) - 4 March 2015 if anyone is interested: http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/markus-feehily-tickets
    ...Markus embraced his newfound independence as a solo artist by heading straight back into the studio to explore a darker, more soulful, electronic sound. The songs that resulted signal a fresh new direction for Markus whilst remaining true to his pop origins...

Sounds promising!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Mark launches a successful career but you never know with these things - Shane deserved more but the album sadly didn't gain much success.

But you know, when it comes to solo careers of any Westlife boys, I think it should be taken into consideration that they are starting something after 14 years being in a band. Robbie and Justin for example had it a lot easier because they launched their careers at the time when their boybands were still hugely popular. It is a whole different ball game for Westlife after being so long in the music business. So who knows if Mark will manage to be better than Shane, only time will tell.
    Forum Member
    I believe that out of all the members of Westlife it is Markus who can appeal to a wider audience, he is versatile and a creative person - I just hope people will not be prejudiced and give him a chance. Excited for his solo and curious to hear what it will sound like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree to edit the thread title by changing Mark to Markus, but much as I want to, thereis no edit options already, how can we edit it?

yes! i do hope people will give him the chance, for sure he will surprise everyone!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I hope Mark launches a successful career but you never know with these things - Shane deserved more but the album sadly didn't gain much success.

But you know, when it comes to solo careers of any Westlife boys, I think it should be taken into consideration that they are starting something after 14 years being in a band. Robbie and Justin for example had it a lot easier because they launched their careers at the time when their boybands were still hugely popular. It is a whole different ball game for Westlife after being so long in the music business. So who knows if Mark will manage to be better than Shane, only time will tell.

I agree definitely! it is a whole different ball game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Etcy wrote: »
    I believe that out of all the members of Westlife it is Markus who can appeal to a wider audience, he is versatile and a creative person - I just hope people will not be prejudiced and give him a chance. Excited for his solo and curious to hear what it will sound like.

I hope he still uses his best vocal ability where he is very much known for. I always remember him doing the perfect run at the end part of flying without wings in their live concerts which is undoubtedly brilliant :)
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    His voice is amazing, he doesn't get enough credit. Can't wait to hear what he comes out with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    His voice is amazing, he doesn't get enough credit. Can't wait to hear what he comes out with.

with the perfect material..
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely looking forward to hearing from Mark again, have been waiting a long while to hear new stuff from him! His voice is very unique, hopefully will get some great songs from him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark has opened an Soundcload account:

https://soundcloud.com/markusfeehily

I bet this is proof we will hear his music very soon :)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't wish him bad, but Westlife were so bland, I can't see him doing that well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I don't wish him bad, but Westlife were so bland, I can't see him doing that well

This thought right there could stop him from having a successful career. IF the material he does is truly very different from Westlife and is actually great, I hope people won't simply write him off as "Westlife were bland, so is he". Besides, there are millions of fans out there who didn't find Westlife bland so hopefully they will support him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »

I always think that there are still a lot of people out there who thinks differently. With the right material, he could make it.
    Forum Member
    This thought right there could stop him from having a successful career. IF the material he does is truly very different from Westlife and is actually great, I hope people won't simply write him off as "Westlife were bland, so is he". Besides, there are millions of fans out there who didn't find Westlife bland so hopefully they will support him.

Exactly my thoughts and fears there...

He wanted things to be different in Westlife, he tried to change things, he proposed taking longer to make albums so they can focus on the quality of their music and writing songs but other members wanted to have their year ahead planned so there was not much he could do in Westlife to change things... Now he is able to make his own decisions and he's "started from scratch" as he said so I just hope people give him a chance if the music is really good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking...

It says on Mark's gig that there will be special guests.

It would be so cool if Shane would come along, like a mini reunion :)
    Forum Member
    I was just thinking...

It says on Mark's gig that there will be special guests.

It would be so cool if Shane would come along, like a mini reunion :)

Special guests usually refer to "support/opening acts" basically so I was thinking it could be someone like Benedict for example, with whom Mark has written for his solo and they are under the same management too, that's only a guess though. At the moment the members of Westlife are not in touch as they've said anyway and I suppose if his music is different to Westlife's and he wants to approach a different audience too any connection like having Shane on his first solo show wouldn't help in that direction. His gig is so close now, less than 8 weeks away - it's so exciting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also very excited, I keep checking Soundcloud in case he shares something :)

I really think he will very soon and I think it would be wise to do so before the gig so people would know what to expect.
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow he's charging 25 quid to see him at the Scala?? Clearly his 1st solo gig is aimed squarely at westlife fans. Its a bit stupid if you ask me, he should have charged half that and then people would of gone out of curiousity (including myself). But charging that much (plus fees) when he hasnt even put out a single, is poor decision making.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On popjustice a member (Visilios) who has heard some of the demos has described it as 'Crying For No Reason'/'With Every Heartbeat' and went on to say 'amazing electro break up anthems'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    On popjustice a member (Visilios) who has heard some of the demos has described it as 'Crying For No Reason'/'With Every Heartbeat' and went on to say 'amazing electro break up anthems'

Are those song titles?

Could you give us the link of that post, I would like to see it.

Hopefully electro doesn't mean he is relying too much on electronic music, that he will do it with class. I have faith in that. Besides, he did describe his music as pop/soul so hopefully this sound will be more present than electronic.