Arrow Season 3 - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    There now seems to be speculation that Firestorm is appearing on Arrow. He's on The Flash, and is played by Robbie Amell (Stevens cousin). This was after Robbie posted on his page "Firestorm on the Arrow set. But why?".
    Probably just visiting his cousin?

I have no doubt, once Ronnie finds himself and joins Team Flash, there will be another crossover event that'll pair the two of them with Arrow and co, but not yet, and not just the two of them.
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Polite request = complaining. Right.
    Okay?
    Some don't want to read about promos, and some don't want to know about returning characters until the episode airs. If you are fine discussing it you can use tags. Those who aren't fine reading them can't avoid it unless you do.

Not sure why it's always such a big deal to point this out.
    Nothing has been spoiled. Nobody knows what is going to happen - it's all speculation. At no point has anyone said "Slade and/or Malcolm are definitely back in the next episode" - because we don't know. If you don't want people discussing what might be, then the internet as a whole is not for you.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Marc Singer (never heard of him) has been cast as CBC
    General Matthew Shrieve (never heard of him.) His role will be flashback-related.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't feel any excitement or tension during the final fight, because I knew either one could or would be brought back to life. Seriously, the star never 'dies' mid-season.

I wasn't really impressed with Ra's portrayal. He didn't evoke any menacing fear, or simmering rage that captivated me.

Thea's dramatics were hilarious. A few combative moves, successfully stands her ground and then she runs off? And over a railing, haha. (That was as bad as Roy's pointless flip onto a car). How she is yet to figure out Oliver is Arrow, is beyond me. He was asking specific questions about Merlin. Then, out of nowhere appears the costumed guy, asking the same questions with the same tone.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marc Singer (never heard of him)

Lead actor in the Orginal V.
  • BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    12 out of 13 markers in common suggests full siblings not half. So either Robert Queen really is Thea's dad or Malcolm is also Ollie's dad.

Well its either that or some seriously sloppy writing.
    An expert at genetics and forensics are you?
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy Cow!

Now I know he will probably survive and be resued despite that wound and fall being beyond fatal but still. I gawped and eye popped and OMG'd so hard at the end there. Loved it.
    Thea though, the actress really needs to take some combat classes like her character because those kicks and punches and glass throw were all laughable. It was like the really dodgy moves from Roy with his flipping. Also not a fan of the short hair style. Just looks a bit weird for me. Another observation tonight was that for sucha skinny and short girl she has rather large feet. lol
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    Thea though, the actress really needs to take some combat classes like her character because those kicks and punches and glass throw were all laughable.

Even I could have dodged that kick she aimed at the Arrow's head. The drama between her and Ollie feels far too forced. I know we're supposed to just 'know' that Malcolm has brainwashed her over the past few months, but it would be nice to actually see some of it. Her line "don't make me choose" was just :confused: Man who killed 500 people vs your brother who lies a bit. If Malcolm has said or done more to turn her against him, we need to start seeing some of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I struggle to believe he has brainwashed her. That was the idea to start with but they have played so little on it that it comes across as her just accepting him as her dad and that she genuinely loves him as any daughter would love their father. like how a parent would cover for the child if they done wrong, she is doing the same. The drug she had when she killed Sara, was she really on it? Could have been a lie to get Olie to give himself up and to also prelude to the Hong Kong side of the story where the doctor was under it too. We'd accept it because we'd just heard Malcolm mention it and know it wasn't just a "get out card" used in the Hong Kong story.
    Not a fan of that anyway. Makes it all to easy to let people off the hook with stuff.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I could accept Thea would get a few moves in on Ollie/Arrow as we know he wouldn't be trying to hurt her but they could have made it look better.

Also did anyone else think Ollie went down way to easy to Ra I know Ra is supposed to be the best the world has ever known but Ollie is one of the best yet he went down like he was nothing he could have at least hurt Ra to show he was good.

I'm hoping that was part of the plan (Ollie already knew about and planed the Lazarus Pit ) to lead Ra into a false sense of security for when they have the real fight later
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, what Thea did was believable BUT when she jumped from the balcony I did laugh. Knowing that he was fighting with his sister, Ollie goes really easy on her obviously, so his "sloppy" fighting was down to the fact that he was:
    a) surprised that Thea learnt some moves
    b) being gentle on her

So its believable that she managed to get the hits in, it was the jump that ruined it.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could accept Thea would get a few moves in on Ollie/Arrow as we know he wouldn't be trying to hurt her but they could have made it look better.

Also did anyone else think Ollie went down way to easy to Ra I know Ra is supposed to be the best the world has ever known but Ollie is one of the best yet he went down like he was nothing he could have at least hurt Ra to show he was good.

I'm hoping that was part of the plan (Ollie already knew about and planed the Lazarus Pit ) to lead Ra into a false sense of security for when they have the real fight later

I suggested this somewhere else and people basically said, "Ollie is NO match for him, of course he would give up", I KNOW he is better, but people didn't seem to understand me when I said what you just did... he gave up too easily.

And despite people saying what they did when I said it, I stand by what I said, because IMO one of these 6 things is what really happened.

PLAN 1: Ollie has this plan all along. He knew Ra was so much better than him, so it was foolish for him to go and fight him without thinking of a backup plan. Before his climb, he lay out a huge matt and landing device (this was seen at the beginning)... and towards the end when he was "giving up" note how Ollie backed away in a certain direction when he "gave up", so maybe he knew he would be going down... maybe more chance he would land on the matt if he "gave up" where he did. He seemed to have walked backwards and stayed there for a while before being stabbed.

PLAN 2: I reckon there is a lot we didn't see regarding the "goodbyes", I reckon he told someone about the whereabouts and to meet him there at the bottom of the mountain. I have an inkling him and Merlyn had an agreement regarding this. Merlyn was very quick to suggest a "combat fight". I kind of think that Merlyn thinks his son is alive and being trained by the league after being resurrected by the pit. Plot twist eh?

PLAN 3: The piece of paper Maseo gave Ollie regarding the location had more than a location on it. It's probably VERY farfetched but maybe notes to find a "survival cure" which would keep him alive if killed (not beheaded). Mirakuru or Omega? (is that what that thing was called?) Maseo knew Ollie didn't kill Sara, so he wouldn't have let Ollie go and fight Ra and get killed.

PLAN 4: Ra stabbed him through his body missing his heart... this is someone who is a pro. If he wanted Ollie properly dead he would have stabbed him through the head of decapitated him. He didn't really want him dead and wants him for something else... or bring him to the pit.

PLAN 5: The most unlikely... this was a plan made by both Ra and Oliver to take someone else down.

PLAN 6: It was a hallucination and wasn't really reality.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    General Matthew Shrieve (never heard of him.) His role will be flashback-related.
    Corwin wrote: »
    Lead actor in the Orginal V.

Beastmaster :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

First episode back, scene 1.
    Oliver pulls open the shower curtain to reveal his wet unscarred torso. The camera pans to the bed in the room where Sara is sleeping. Oliver puts on some clothes and leaves the room, heading out to say goodbye to Laurel who is waiting in the main entrance hall, Little does she know her sister is in the room upstairs. Oliver talks about leaving with his father on a yacht trip later this afternoon. His mother enters the room with some fresh cookies and milk. A smile on her face, she welcomes Laurel before rushing off to see her husband. Soft elevator music plays in the background.
    A scream can be heard in the distance, faint to begin with but getting louder. As Oliver talks to Laurel the scream continues to grow and grow until it takes over all sound.

The camera cuts to Olivers face, a close up. His eyes open sharply. He is battered and bruised and lying at the bottom of a cold, snowy mountain. We see a glimpse of him falling from height. We hear him scream as he falls. It is the same scream from the front hallway.....
    Look out hollywood here I come :D:o
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    To be fair, what Thea did was believable BUT when she jumped from the balcony I did laugh. Knowing that he was fighting with his sister, Ollie goes really easy on her obviously, so his "sloppy" fighting was down to the fact that he was:
    a) surprised that Thea learnt some moves
    b) being gentle on her

So its believable that she managed to get the hits in, it was the jump that ruined it.

indeed he was surprised, when you watch he barely defends against her and certainly doesn't try to attack her at all its all defensive so permissible but indeed I did laugh about the jump over the railing too
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suggested this somewhere else and people basically said, "Ollie is NO match for him, of course he would give up", I KNOW he is better, but people didn't seem to understand me when I said what you just did... he gave up too easily.

And despite people saying what they did when I said it, I stand by what I said, because IMO one of these 6 things is what really happened.

PLAN 1: Ollie has this plan all along. He knew Ra was so much better than him, so it was foolish for him to go and fight him without thinking of a backup plan. Before his climb, he lay out a huge matt and landing device (this was seen at the beginning)... and towards the end when he was "giving up" note how Ollie backed away in a certain direction when he "gave up", so maybe he knew he would be going down... maybe more chance he would land on the matt if he "gave up" where he did. He seemed to have walked backwards and stayed there for a while before being stabbed.

PLAN 2: I reckon there is a lot we didn't see regarding the "goodbyes", I reckon he told someone about the whereabouts and to meet him there at the bottom of the mountain. I have an inkling him and Merlyn had an agreement regarding this. Merlyn was very quick to suggest a "combat fight". I kind of think that Merlyn thinks his son is alive and being trained by the league after being resurrected by the pit. Plot twist eh?

PLAN 3: The piece of paper Maseo gave Ollie regarding the location had more than a location on it. It's probably VERY farfetched but maybe notes to find a "survival cure" which would keep him alive if killed (not beheaded). Mirakuru or Omega? (is that what that thing was called?) Maseo knew Ollie didn't kill Sara, so he wouldn't have let Ollie go and fight Ra and get killed.

PLAN 4: Ra stabbed him through his body missing his heart... this is someone who is a pro. If he wanted Ollie properly dead he would have stabbed him through the head of decapitated him. He didn't really want him dead and wants him for something else... or bring him to the pit.

PLAN 5: The most unlikely... this was a plan made by both Ra and Oliver to take someone else down.

Firstly; guessed it was Thea as the killer as soon as it happened.

And yeah, Ollie will definitely be healed by the Lazarus pits. The things Ra's said about being 67 years since last challenged, and having killed thousands and such all seem to hint at his long life. Though Ollie didn't seem to bat an eye at what he said...so does he already KNOW about the Lazarus pits and Ra's long age?

As for Ollie revealing himself as Arrow to Thea; I reckon they're saving it for the second half. Why? Well, all the way through that final battle I was expecting Malcolm to snipe Ra's in the back from a safe distance to make sure things went his way. I think he WAS there and is waiting to heal Ollie up. Malcolm was very much in Ra's close circle and likely knows of the Lazarus pits. He'll revive Ollie, and of course Ollie will have temporary Lazarus madness and go back to Starling (pushed along by Malcolm) and show his dark mad side (at Thea), making Thea choose Malcolm over Ollie.
    Forum Member
    Seeing as we're into the new year and there's not long to go, I figure more speculation is required as to how Ollie will be returned, both to us, and to his city.

In a teaser/trailer for the next episode:
    It shows someone pulling Ollie along the snow on a wooden-constructed rack. I am fairly certain at this point that Malcolm is not Ollie's savior (and in turn will be just as shocked to see him back as everyone else).
    I therefore suspect that it is (as already speculated) one of two people.

1) Ollie's Chinese/Japanese friend.
    2) Tommy

Alternatively, it could be someone new, but I think that unlikely.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CW has renewed this for a fourth season.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I therefore suspect that it is (as already speculated) one of two people.

1) Ollie's Chinese/Japanese friend.
    2) Tommy

Alternatively, it could be someone new, but I think that unlikely.

I'd love it to be number 2, but considering everything it's more likely number 1.
    Forum Member
    I'd love it to be number 2, but considering everything it's more likely number 1.
    The problem with this is that (from the trailers) they'd be making it too unlikely. If it's Ollie's Japanese/Chinese friend, who all the secrecy? Why no face? Why the hood?
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marc Singer, I think, was the Beastmaster in the Movies and the previous Beastmaster in the TV series.

In the Comics, I thought he was the US Special Forces General who as a Lt. in WWII led the "Creature Commandos" and later played a part (as an anonymous General during the Vietnam War) in recruiting Slade Wilson for the experiment that turned him into Deathstroke (but I'm not sure). Anyway, the Creature Commandos were soldiers who had powers similar to the original Universal Monsters: werewolf, vampire, and Frankenstein's monster. Shrieve- a normal human- led the team.

So maybe there'll be a Solomon Grundy tie-in?
    Forum Member
    I've just had a thought - the mirakuru drug can heal even fatal wounds, right? What's the odds that Ollie has taken a toned down version of the drug - something that'll heal him over time?
    Forum Member
    Well, I guess a whole bunch of our theories are wrong. No Lazarus Pits.

Admin edit: Spoilers in spoiler tags, please.
    Forum Member
    He's alive!!! - Though everyone with half a brain knows that.
    We don't yet know how, but we do know who Ollie's rescuers were, and from initial appearance, it doesn't look like he's lost his memory nor suffering from anything else, so it might just be a case of healing himself up before returning.
    I did wonder whether anyone would be on the phone to Barry to inform him of Ollie's [apparent] demise too, but alas, there was no call.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never heard of him :o

In the original series of V and was the Beastmaster
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, was he actually dead? There was a line that suggested he might have been and I refuse to believe he could get run through with a sword, fall off a mountain and lie there shirtless in the snow without being mostly deceased.

Ollie can do a lot of things, but bouncing isn't one of them.