The Flash - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    If Yellow had the intention to go back and kill Red, then by default, Yellow wouldn't ever have got his power in the first place. As far as we're currently aware, Wells is trying to obtain the power - and he needs Barry to be alive in order to do so. If Wells (or Eddie, or whoever else) removes Barry from the equation, then that power is lost.
    Sounds like you're in the "you can't go back in time and kill your grandfather when he's a kid cos then you wouldn't be born and thus couldn't go back in time and kill him" club, right ?!
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Sounds like you're in the "you can't go back in time and kill your grandfather when he's a kid cos then you wouldn't be born and thus couldn't go back in time and kill him" club, right ?!
    Hah, no, not quite. Time Travel with any show always leaves me in an uneasy state of mind, with the exception of Doctor Who cause that's literally focused on time travel.

That said, Wells has stated time and time again that Barry NEEDS to be kept safe - so that events of the future can still happen, therefore if something were to be altered in the past, the future wouldn't happen. I'm using this knowledge as my argument here; if Wells needs Barry to live (and be safe) in order for a specific future, then someone (him or another) going back in time in an attempt to kill Barry would (by default) change that future.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I think it will be a time loop type thing

Barry's Mum getting murdered is what set Barry on the road to becoming The Flash

Reverse Flash goes back in time to kill Flash's Mum to get revenge on what Flash does to him in the future

So without his Mum getting killed Barry would never have become The Flash
    If he didn't become The Flash his Mum wouldn't have been killed
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Hah, no, not quite. Time Travel with any show always leaves me in an uneasy state of mind, with the exception of Doctor Who cause that's literally focused on time travel.

That said, Wells has stated time and time again that Barry NEEDS to be kept safe - so that events of the future can still happen, therefore if something were to be altered in the past, the future wouldn't happen. I'm using this knowledge as my argument here; if Wells needs Barry to live (and be safe) in order for a specific future, then someone (him or another) going back in time in an attempt to kill Barry would (by default) change that future.

Maybe my theory was a little wrong then maybe Reverse Flash and or Wells makes sure Barry's Mum was killed to make sure Barry became The Flash.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hah, no, not quite. ....
    ... I had a wonderful reply all set to type but my brain has melted through thinking about time travel too much. >:(
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ... I had a wonderful reply all set to type but my brain has melted through thinking about time travel too much. >:(
    Haha, I can sympathize with you. Take your time, I'll read when you're good and ready. :)
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think Eddie and Wells are the same person? I'm not convinced of that. I'd think different actors (with more of an age difference) would have been cast if that was the case.

There's a problem with that theory.

If Yellow had the intention to go back and kill Red, then by default, Yellow wouldn't ever have got his power in the first place. As far as we're currently aware, Wells is trying to obtain the power - and he needs Barry to be alive in order to do so. If Wells (or Eddie, or whoever else) removes Barry from the equation, then that power is lost.

BIB - why wouldn't yellow have gotten powers if Barry died? If Yellow is Eddie or someone else other than Wells then they may not care that going back in time to kill Barry would mean Wells coulnt use him. I agree with the theory out there that there are two men in yellow suits:
    Professor Zoom (Wells) and Reverse Flash (Eddie) so one may want Barry dead e.g. Eddie if Iris leaves him for Barry and the other may want Barry alive e.g. Wells because he obviously has plans for Barry if he has created Grodd to challenge and toughen Barry u and help make him the hero he will be in the future.

I could be way off though of course and you could be spot on but I do like the show is sparking so much theory and debate
    Forum Member
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    BIB - why wouldn't yellow have gotten powers if Barry died? If Yellow is Eddie or someone else other than Wells then they may not care that going back in time to kill Barry would mean Wells coulnt use him.
    Assuming Eddie is one of the speedsters, what if he's obtained that power through Wells' research of Barry?
    Professor Zoom (Wells) and Reverse Flash (Eddie) so one may want Barry dead e.g. Eddie if Iris leaves him for Barry and the other may want Barry alive e.g. Wells because he obviously has plans for Barry if he has created Grodd to challenge and toughen Barry u and help make him the hero he will be in the future.
    There have to be two Yellow suits, it's the only theory that makes sense (because Wells has one, yet was being beaten up by one). I don't think Wells yet has any power though; he's looking at Barry to provide that power (for himself?)

I'm not convinced Wells is a man in Yellow either. We've been presented with the obvious, and I'm sorry, but no. That's too damned obvious. :p
    I could be way off though of course and you could be spot on but I do like the show is sparking so much theory and debate
    This is proof of good writing. :)

Regardless of anything else on the show, one thing that I feel we must have is a consistent timeline, not just for the sake of Flash, but for the sake of Ollie too.
  • BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I think it will be a time loop type thing

Barry's Mum getting murdered is what set Barry on the road to becoming The Flash

Reverse Flash goes back in time to kill Flash's Mum to get revenge on what Flash does to him in the future

So without his Mum getting killed Barry would never have become The Flash
    If he didn't become The Flash his Mum wouldn't have been killed
    This sounds like a good theory. What I'm not clear on is how there are two yellow suits in the current timeline, and how the yellow suit fought Dr Wells. How can Dr Wells also have a yellow suit and the same voice? There must be two of them.

Dr Wells clearly wants to go back in time to save his wife, and to do that he needs the Flash, and for the Flash to exist, Barry's mum has to die. If there was a red streak as well then The Flash went back in time to try and save his mum.

But I'm not clear who the current timeline yellow suit is. He could have come from the future (future Wells?), but it's not clear why he would bother.
    I thought the suit was just that - a suit? Short of the Tachyon thing, it seemed like just another rubber suit to me.
    Dr Wells himself says in the episode that if you made a suit with the tachyons it would make you invincible and able to run faster than light. He looks wistful while saying it. Clearly he is making this suit for himself. I thought he was plugging the tachyon matrix into the suit at the end.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure on all the arguments going on here but from what I can make out I guess there are two yellow suits on the loose and Barry goes back to save his mum (but fails because doing so would prevent him ever becoming The Flash and his life he had) The only thing that confuses me is Dr Wells. He has a yellow suit and the same voice as the yellow suit who beat him up....now I know the speed people are fast but is he that fast he can switch between yellow suit and Dr Wells and basically beat himself up? To the untrained eye though it would look like there are two people inside....that would make sense if Yellow suit wasn't trapped inside and talking to Wheelchair bound Wells. Oh I don't know. My head hurts lol
    Forum Member
    ^ There was likely two people involved in the fight between Wells and Yellow. Whether that's a future wells beating himself up remains unknown, though I don't think the suit possesses the power/speed to allow him to literally beat himself up. That would be weird. What if that was the case, and his bluff wasn't called? Would he have beaten himself to death? :p

I would think that the Yellow who beat Wells is either Wells from the future, or is someone else entirely. As to how/why Wells has a Yellow suit of his own. That's anyone's guess.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safe to say I'm healthily confused/intrigued with this show. So much better then Arrow in my opinion, which I've tried to watch but it just doesn't keep my attention for a whole episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty much convinced that Cisco is going to play a part in taking down Zoom. There was no reason to use Vibe as he's never been a supporting Flash character but he can distort the speed force with his new 52 move set. I reckon we'll see Zoom and Barry facing off, with Barry on deaths door and Cisco will save Barry once he realises he has powers.

Either that or he'll bust out some above average breakdancing skills and dazzle Zoom to death. Either way's good.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much convinced that Cisco is going to play a part in taking down Zoom. There was no reason to use Vibe as he's never been a supporting Flash character but he can distort the speed force with his new 52 move set. I reckon we'll see Zoom and Barry facing off, with Barry on deaths door and Cisco will save Barry once he realises he has powers.

Either that or he'll bust out some above average breakdancing skills and dazzle Zoom to death. Either way's good.

I get the feeling that since the timeline has been changed / altered Caitlin and Cisco did not receive their abilities. So maybe something will happen where Wells makes them get infused with the particle accelerator.
    Forum Member
    Having been giving thought to this recently, and the reveal, I am CONVINCED that Wells (at least, the one in the present) is in fact, powerless. There have been far too many scenarios where he could have used his speed and he didn't. Whether he becomes the man in the yellow suit, remains to be seen, but I believe he doesn't, though I'm pretty sure he knows who it is (and I suspect the suit he does have doesn't belong to him).

I think Wells is from the future, and has obtained the suit in the hope of going back/forward in time (again) to safe his wife/girlfriend. I don't think he has any other goal (where the suit is concerned) than that.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having been giving thought to this recently, and the reveal, I am CONVINCED that Wells (at least, the one in the present) is in fact, powerless. There have been far too many scenarios where he could have used his speed and he didn't. Whether he becomes the man in the yellow suit, remains to be seen, but I believe he doesn't, though I'm pretty sure he knows who it is (and I suspect the suit he does have doesn't belong to him).

I think Wells is from the future, and has obtained the suit in the hope of going back/forward in time (again) to safe his wife/girlfriend. I don't think he has any other goal (where the suit is concerned) than that.

Ooh, I have so many theories. Let me get one thing out there first though; the yellow suit. One obvious hint is just to look at the frame it's built for. EDDIE. He's the only body type revealed so far that even fits (especially the head!) Or…it's pure Flash robot drone controlled buy a remote (possible with that last scene).

Please note all of these are THEORIES, but some are based on actual Flash comic stories, so they could be viewed as spoilers, so I've hidden them as such. You have been warned.
    As for when Yellow Suit was in the energy shield trap? THAT was Well's controlling the suit (was anyone in it? No idea). It was all a ploy to steal that tachyon tech from that other company.

As for Eddie; his arc is clearly being set up for everything going well in his life...and then to have it all stolen from him by The Flash. He'll lose his girl to Barry, he'll lose his partner due to him lying to protect Barry, he'll lose his job due to something with the Flash task force going wrong... My guess is; Eddie somehow becomes/aquires Yellow Suit and sets out to remove Barry from the timeline by time-travelling and destroying his life.

As for the Yellow Suit Well's had? When future Barry/Yellow Suit Eddie time travel to the night of Barry's mom's murder, Barry defeats Yellow Suit (kills him?) and the actual suit is given to Well's for safe keeping (which is why he has it in the present). Either this or the possibility below...

I feel safe in stating that Wells is not a villain. He seems to want to make sure Barry sticks around at least until 2024 so he can save us from the Crisis.

^What it boils down to is and what is unanswered is; where did the Yellow Suit originally come from? With Well's future knowledge, I'm guessing he IS from the future and the suit was what he used to travel far back in time and landed 14 years ago (a "Flash suit" that is invented...by him? Someone else? Information likely garnered by years of Flash doing the rounds...) The suit then gets damaged. It's around about this time Well's realises he's in some sort of pre-destination time paradox and sets out on his Particle Accelerator work, knowing full-well what will happen. At least a general knowledge, whatever history recorded basically. Which as we all know can be utter garbage and leaving out all context and fine detail. Which is why he knows things but knows no real context to them, right?

So Well's, now with the tachyon device is approaching a functioning suit to return to his own time...then something goes wrong and Eddie ends up with it.

The energy sucking stuff he stole? (Was it his blood? From the few episodes ago). He probably plans on using it to siphon some speedforce from Barry to charge the suit and use the tachyon device…right? I say "some" because he obviously doesn't intend to fully kill him, because then his future won't exist and he won't design the Yellow Suit and he won't time travel.

^Of course, Well's reasoning could have changed in regards to time travel since speedsters (at least speedforce ones) are usually immune to time changes. If he used the energy sucking somehow, he could gain speedforce (and not just the time travel tachyon "fake speed") and thus become immune to any alteration.

BUT...the way Well's is always checking to make sure he hasn't changed anything. Is it possible he WASN'T meant to go back? Is it possible he completely messed up and is now simply trying to straighten the timeline out the best he can?
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I thought that in the comics Eobard Thawne is Reverse Flash and is from the future.So Harrison Wells could be Eobard Thawne from the future and would explain how he could be in two places at once if he can time travel

If Wells is Eobard Thawne then that would make him a future relative of Eddie Thawne as well

I get the feeling that Cisco comment about there being two speedsters when Barry mum got murdered could be hinting at Barry traveling back in time to stop the reverse flash
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regardless of anything else on the show, one thing that I feel we must have is a consistent timeline, not just for the sake of Flash, but for the sake of Ollie too.

I was just coming to this thread to ask how the timeline works. I've (so far) watched the first two episodes of both S3 Arrow and S1 Flash and am trying to work out if I need to watch each in turn and, if so, which one do I watch first.

Any suggestions from those of you who've watched both shows at US Pace (which is what I'll be watch at once both shows re-start).
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I was just coming to this thread to ask how the timeline works. I've (so far) watched the first two episodes of both S3 Arrow and S1 Flash and am trying to work out if I need to watch each in turn and, if so, which one do I watch first.

Any suggestions from those of you who've watched both shows at US Pace (which is what I'll be watch at once both shows re-start).

In the US, The Flash is broadcast on a Tuesday and Arrow is then broadcast on a Wednesday.

As such, I watch them in that order each week: The Flash, then Arrow.

Watching them that way also fits with the crossovers that have been done so far, ranging from the minor crossover with Felicity appearing in The Flash, to the major crossover each show had with their title characters.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    In the US, The Flash is broadcast on a Tuesday and Arrow is then broadcast on a Wednesday.

As such, I watch them in that order each week: The Flash, then Arrow.

Watching them that way also fits with the crossovers that have been done so far, ranging from the minor crossover with Felicity appearing in The Flash, to the major crossover each show had with their title characters.

Great stuff, thanks for that Matt.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Wow there's some crazy theories in here. I love them.

Are you guys coming up with these theories based of knowledge of the comics, or just from the TV show ??

Between this conundrum and how Ollie will resurrect, I'm stumped.
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Are you guys coming up with these theories based of knowledge of the comics, or just from the TV show ??
    I haven't read a single comic (of anything). Any theories you've read on mine are primarily from the show. I have done the odd bit of research via the internet though, however (compared to the comics) details are sparse.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I haven't read a single comic (of anything). Any theories you've read on mine are primarily from the show. I have done the odd bit of research via the internet though, however (compared to the comics) details are sparse.

Ah cool. Not that I mind where theories come from. Like yourself I like to look things up that are relevant to something I'm watching. But at the same time I try to avoid spoilers. It's a tricky business.
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Ah cool. Not that I mind where theories come from. Like yourself I like to look things up that are relevant to something I'm watching. But at the same time I try to avoid spoilers. It's a tricky business.
    The beauty of shows like this, is that even if you know the comics, you can't guarantee everything will follow through and add up at the end. The writers of these shows (to an extent) have creative license, so what may happen in one comic storyline (or more) wont necessarily happen on the show.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble with these comic shows though is once people get a grip with what "story" they are borrowing from they then go all out on what happens in the story, which even if you don't know it is happening in the tv show, you now know a potential outcome and should they decide to go down that road you're not as shocked as would be if you didn't know that potential outcome.
    Like if I give you 5 scenarios and don't say what I'm gonna pick you still lose a bit of sthe surprise if I tell you it's one of those outcomes when we reveal what it is. That's the only thing I dislike and like to avoid. Even though it is just speculation.