Arrow Season 3 - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, was he actually dead? There was a line that suggested he might have been and I refuse to believe he could get run through with a sword, fall off a mountain and lie there shirtless in the snow without being mostly deceased.

Ollie can do a lot of things, but bouncing isn't one of them.

The cold temperature will probably be at a degree that would cause his heart rate to fall, which in turn will stop him bleeding out and his internal organs from shutting down and killing him. So I think it is possible for someone to 'bounce' back if medical help was sought out asap - or in case of Arrow, that plus a bit of artistic licence thrown in for good measure!
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    The cold temperature will probably be at a degree that would cause his heart rate to fall, which in turn will stop him bleeding out and his internal organs from shutting down and killing him. So I think it is possible for someone to 'bounce' back if medical help was sought out asap - or in case of Arrow, that plus a bit of artistic licence thrown in for good measure!

True, true, but they can't wash over the fact that he fell a really long way onto rock with a thin covering of snow (I refuse to believe that cushioned the fall and he didn't make any kind of dent in it *l*).

I'd be fine if this region was the source of the Mirakuru and Tatsu had some sort of original version in her possession. It just the combination of events and still surviving that will stretch credibility with me.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the fact they didn't do the "6 months later" thing where it's all back to normal. Instead they showed the effect of no Green Arrow, how the team was dealing with it, how they crumbled, etc.. I'd be happy for a number of "he ain't back yet" eps.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Loved the fact they didn't do the "6 months later" thing where it's all back to normal. Instead they showed the effect of no Green Arrow, how the team was dealing with it, how they crumbled, etc.. I'd be happy for a number of "he ain't back yet" eps.
    The next three episodes are surrounding how the team copes without Arrow as far as I know.
  • BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    True, true, but they can't wash over the fact that he fell a really long way onto rock with a thin covering of snow (I refuse to believe that cushioned the fall and he didn't make any kind of dent in it *l*).
    That was an extremely long fall. Nobody survives that. He must have been dead, and presumably Tatsu has some way to bring him back.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    So, was he actually dead?
    I'm doubting it. I think the dead phrase was more a play on words. His body was probably in a state of shock, and was shutting down, but he was saved. How? I guess we'll find that out another time. If there is indeed a way to revive the actual dead then Sarah would/should/could return to us. If she was in the league, and killed (as the Japanese guy would have known) then [hypothetically] whatever was used to revive Ollie could have been used on Sarah, and it wasn't, thus I don't believe Ollie was actually dead.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Good to see Roy and Diggle take center-stage. Looking forward to seeing more of them together. Vinnie Jones wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be, but this role doesn't look like it will require too much acting, so....

What did Laurel say at the end??
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    "I can't act" I think it was... :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    "I'm the Justice you can't run from." :cool: ........ "and doesn't my ass look great in leather".

If this is going to be her signature line then why the heck did she have to mumble it. Methinks they could've done with some ADR.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurel at the end....! :o:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    The next three episodes are surrounding how the team copes without Arrow as far as I know.
    ^that makes me happy :)
  • TankyTanky Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurel at the end....! :o:cool:

The Black Canary. Don't like the wig though.

Yeah, no way anyone can survive being impaled and falling off a cliff. Plus he didn't get treatment like straightaway, he was carried on a wooden stretcher for some distance. If it was a Lazarus Pit, then that would have been more understandable and fit right in with the comics.

Oh well more scars to add to ollie's body...........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was a long fall onto a jagged floor then yes, he'd be toast. But aren't there those slides at fairgrounds with a really REALLY long drop that curve at the bottom in some way to let the slidies slide away to safety instead of going splat. Maybe the cliff face was akin to one of those. Or he landed on a Yeti. :)
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was a long fall onto a jagged floor then yes, he'd be toast. But aren't there those slides at fairgrounds with a really REALLY long drop that curve at the bottom in some way to let the slidies slide away to safety instead of going splat. Maybe the cliff face was akin to one of those. Or he landed on a Yeti. :)

That brought up visions of Patrick Troughton in a fur coat. (sorry, just been watching Abominable Snowman/Web of Fear. Yeti's are cool :D:blush: )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    ...Yeti's are cool :D:blush: )
    tru dat. http://i62.tinypic.com/286v2u1.jpg
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Amell said the Pit won't be used, but maybe it was another form of the pit.

OR another...don't underestimate Katana. There is a reason why Maseo decided to take Ollie, who he saw being stabbed and kicked off a cliff, and bringing him to Katana if he knew there was some way to help him. Also as there are hidden meanings to her...
    Katana means "sword" in Japanese. And if you go in Wikipedia and read the abilities of Katana in the comics, this is what it says:

Superb martial artist
    Fully trained samurai warrior
    Soultaker sword grants:
    Ability to capture the soul of every being it kills and communicate with that soul, including that of her deceased husband

So that's something to think about.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Surely the Alpha & Omega thing from the Hong Kong flashbacks are going to play some part in Ollies revival.

Don't they mean the beginning and the end. Or birth and death, or death and rebirth ?

Especially as it was the Chinese dudes who found and helped him.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to have it back.
    So I gather from it then that she does some hoodoo magic and brought him back to life?
    He must have been dead anyway, there was no sign of life, he was stabbed right through, fell god knows how far onto cliff edge, left in sub zero temperature for 3 days before being dragged on a board for miles...you could argue the cold helped though but who knows.
    Liked seeing Roy and DIggle carry on but felt they gave up on Ollie just a bit too soon.
    Roy continues to look badass in his get-up. Diggle should stay away from leather suits and stick to the Glock.
    Laurel however, Dat Ass!!! She can keep the leather :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Well, Amell said the Pit won't be used, but maybe it was another form of the pit.
    like a paddling pool filled with the stuff, right ?! :p Or maybe there's a Lazarus Pit Ap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    like a paddling pool filled with the stuff, right ?! :p Or maybe there's a Lazarus Pit Ap.

The Lazarus puddle:blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Surely the Alpha & Omega thing from the Hong Kong flashbacks are going to play some part in Ollies revival.

Don't they mean the beginning and the end. Or birth and death, or death and rebirth ?

Especially as it was the Chinese dudes who found and helped him.

I'm still not entirely clear what this Alpha and Omega thing is. I'm not sure if I've missed something or it's not been explained beyond the fact it's some form of virus yet.
    Forum Member
    CamCam wrote: »
    I'm still not entirely clear what this Alpha and Omega thing is. I'm not sure if I've missed something or it's not been explained beyond the fact it's some form of virus yet.

I don't think you've missed anything. They haven't explained what Alpha and Omega is yet. My guess it's something like the healing herbs and mirakuru, that would make you invincible if used together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feeling really rather disappointed in the resolve of Ollie's fall. I find it too far a stretch for him to get stabbed right through and having fallen all that way to survive. I'd like to think there's more to it, but I don't think there is.:(

And this is nitpicking, but Ollie was stabbed on his right side, just below his pec, yet his bandages are on his abs.
    Forum Member
    I think they have to tell us a lot more about the revival. It can't just be the will to live ... that stopped him from dying, that's lame.

Episode 11 was quite good.
    Laurel is hilariously awful as Canary. Just awful, but I think the show was making fun of it too so that was ok.

Vinnie Jones is actually very good as Brick. I'm not his biggest fan but he's very good in this.

So Felicity is back helping Palmer. Looking forward to seeing where this is going. I nearly pissed myself when he said he'd feel better about her flying abilities if she knew helicopters didn't have keys.

This season has got a new breath of life since the break. I was very bored of it in the first half, but it got really good.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »

OR another...don't underestimate Katana. There is a reason why Maseo decided to take Ollie, who he saw being stabbed and kicked off a cliff, and bringing him to Katana if he knew there was some way to help him. Also as there are hidden meanings to her...
    Katana means "sword" in Japanese. And if you go in Wikipedia and read the abilities of Katana in the comics, this is what it says:

Superb martial artist
    Fully trained samurai warrior
    Soultaker sword grants:
    Ability to capture the soul of every being it kills and communicate with that soul, including that of her deceased husband

So that's something to think about.

Her name's Tatsu? Have they called her Katana at any point and I've just missed it?