2»

Comments

• Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good point.

I wonder what will happen with 'Sunday Politics'

Currently scheduled for an hour later than usual at 12 noon.

But- apart from the nations, can't be moved over to BBC2, because of all the English regional opts.

One set all- so likely to go on for a good while yet.

BBC One Scotland have the Celtic v Rangers coverage due to start at 1pm be interesting to see what happens if this match isnt over by then
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    BBC One Scotland have the Celtic v Rangers coverage due to start at 1pm be interesting to see what happens if this match isnt over by then

Ah cheers for that bud. Didn't know the game was on there, will watch that later. Ta
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah cheers for that bud. Didn't know the game was on there, will watch that later. Ta

No problem:)
  • Options
    skells22skells22 Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That a major headache for everyone in BBC Scotland
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skells22 wrote: »
    That a major headache for everyone in BBC Scotland

Not really and I refuse to believe it's something that wasn't thought of by BBC bosses.

BBC2 is just carrying cookery show repeats till 2 then another repeat after that so the tennis will probably switch back to 2.
  • Options
    ianlawnianlawn Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont bbc have to do something about the swearing?
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Not really and I refuse to believe it's something that wasn't thought of by BBC bosses.

BBC2 is just carrying cookery show repeats till 2 then another repeat after that so the tennis will probably switch back to 2.

EPG now has tennis until 13:00 on BBC one, BBC Two epg unchanged.

Looks like Sunday Politics has gone back to 13:15

So no channel-changing
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    EPG now has tennis until 13:00 on BBC one, BBC Two epg unchanged.

Looks like Sunday Politics has gone back to 13:15

So no channel-changing

I was talking about BBC Scotland,. Something will change as the football starts at 1pm as already stated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panic over everything is fine now
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The question now is will the news air at 12.45
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dollymix53 wrote: »
    Why do they need to keep swapping channels for the tennis ,why not just put it on BBC 2, why can't they have a dedicated sports channel.

Why the moan for the sake of a moan? Do you regularly watch BBC1 on Sundsy mornings? The One shows were on Two and Sue Barker kept reminding everyone, and it's on EPG?

What is the major life threatening concern here?

They changed channels, when the tournament started they didn't know for Sure Andy Murray would get to the final, it's a live tournament. No one would really watch if there wasn't a UK interest, now it will get a five million peak far more than Sundsy normally gets.

People expect BBC1 to have the big sports events however it doesn't gave the money or rights to have a dedicated sports channel.

Pardon me this is a thread just for a moan as any show displaced is just a remote away and its a non issue.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldnt be a problem in the main if BBC Two English Regions still existed.

The problem is BBC One trying to be the home for 'everything' & basically not having enough room to do so.

I dunno what everyone thinks but its time to educate people that theres a button 2 / 102 on their remote control or give the News Channel the abillity to opt out.

Lets face it, if you remove the specific regional stuff from BBC One, both it and BBC Two could run happlily as network services.

Put all the news stuff on the Nc, with an extensive promotional campaign.

Inside Out could go in one of the various back half hour slots.

Regional Politics could do the same.

As long as promotion is done!
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

The problem is BBC One trying to be the home for 'everything' & basically not having enough room to do so.

I dunno what everyone thinks but its time to educate people that theres a button 2 / 102 on their remote control or give the News Channel the abillity to opt out.

Lets face it, if you remove the specific regional stuff from BBC One, both it and BBC Two could run happlily as network services.

The regional news is never going to end up on the News Channel the BBC have a duty to provide regional news to everyone on bbc 1
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

Along with that the BBC would have to fight for BBC news being on channel 6/106 on all platforms so they could easily say where it is and also show national news on BBC 1 as well anyway.
    The nations would need BBC 1 opt outs but could have news channel and BBC 1 opts with BBC 2 being a UK only channel as a payoff, the only issue would be if a big story broke whilst say an election night special was on?
  • Options
    Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 - because BBC1 gets more viewers than BBC2 - don't ask me why but it does

2 - they don't have anywhere near enough sport for a dedicated sports channel

Thread over.

Agree entirely. Sat and watched the match this morning.

I was reading this interesting article in one of my local papers online, about the fact that the BBC may be looking to cutback on their sport coverage and only focus on things like the Olympics and Wimbledon.
  • Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dollymix53 wrote: »
    What gets me is it's scheduled for bbc 2 where we're quite happy to watch it on and thenthey sstart moving it. I no doubt that will happen again with Wimbledon like they did last year.

And you still don't get it? :confused:
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    The regional news is never going to end up on the News Channel the BBC have a duty to provide regional news to everyone on bbc 1

There's no facility on the News channel for regional opts, it's one channel throughout the UK
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, they are going to have to stop promoting BBC One as the 'everything goes on it' channel then!

You cannot have one channel broadcasting major sporting / news events & having to fit PSB commitments around them, without an adquate back up plan & not move stuff from one channel to another, just because a certain sporting hero is taking part!