Options

Music channels

Comments

• Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Another crap film on 4music tonight - how long until one of the worst films I ever saw "Pirana 3DD" is on there? I am not a horror fan, but I spent the whole film on my phone and staring at the floor.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Point her towards 'MTV Love' which replaces MTV Classic tomorrow :o

They should really take off MTV Music or Dance for MTV Love instead of MTV Classic.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil_N wrote: »
    Another crap film on 4music tonight - how long until one of the worst films I ever saw "Pirana 3DD" is on there? I am not a horror fan, but I spent the whole film on my phone and staring at the floor.

They had "Slaughter High" on during the week - was more baffled as to what the direction this channel is now heading!
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect the change is to do with Valentine's Day in a couple of weeks.

It will be, but it's a rubbish change looking at todays music.
    Is that a permanent change or just for Valentine's Day?

Just for Valentines and then MTV Classic again until.....MTV Easter? :confused:
    They should really take off MTV Music or Dance for MTV Love instead of MTV Classic.

Should but it appears MTV Classic is the channel that changes name all the time.

They may as well call it Heat as they are basically playing the same songs/artists as they do.

When they say love, they mean Timberlake, Gaga, Girls Aloud, Westlife etc and not classic love songs - so far.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    They had "Slaughter High" on during the week - was more baffled as to what the direction this channel is now heading!

It would be great if they turned it into a 24/7 Horror/B movie channel but that will never happen:( These films are the type of films that the Horror Channel used to show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    It would be great if they turned it into a 24/7 Horror/B movie channel but that will never happen:( These films are the type of films that the Horror Channel used to show.

But why have a channel still named "4Music" ? 4Music is really another E4 channel in disguise lets be honest - why not just throw on Father Ted for times sake ;-) (guilty pleasure here but its been on More4 that often or why not REPEAT Desmonds FFS!!) but then again this is the same channel really on par to MTV UK/Viacom "VIVA" really where music is more second and its basic car crash tv by day and even more by night!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Just for Valentines and then MTV Classic again until.....MTV Easter? :confused:

Ah right. It sounds ridiculous though. Maybe it'll be MTV Spring :p Why change the channel names? Probably fine at Christmas but crazy the rest of the year. I don't have a class with my lecturer til Wednesday but I'm goin' to her office on Monday :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah right. It sounds ridiculous though. Maybe it'll be MTV Spring :p Why change the channel names? Probably fine at Christmas but crazy the rest of the year. I don't have a class with my lecturer til Wednesday but I'm goin' to her office on Monday :D

Pretty sure the channel will be really rebranded as MTV LOVES ..... good grief who the f..k runs the departments of these channels and who makes these names up.... Someone must be drunk and say I got an idea!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am getting confused how are they defining "decade" these days??

Highlight:
    #37 Will i am/ Britney - Scream and Shout (2013)
    #36 Madonna - Hung Up (2005) (?)
    seems like 4Music has now edited Hung Up now, playing a shorter version of video than the full length (I guess its to fit in more ads?)

I will also guess that when channels do these so called "decade" charts it must cover from ie 2005-2015(?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surprise another chart on 4music - "Top Love Songs of the 21st Century" - Usual suspects in there - as if the early 21st Century years like 2000 don't matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fresh 20 - erm, the Sam Smith song has been on the album since March last year and Olly ft Demi has been around since November. Stale bread more like it. FFS, close these channels down or give it back to the public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprise another chart on 4music - "Top Love Songs of the 21st Century" - Usual suspects in there - as if the early 21st Century years like 2000 don't matter.

They will be better off showing repeats of Countdown :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 7th most requested song today on Planet Pop - Band Aid 2014 - apparently :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They've only started doing it since the summer.

Going to tell her about MTV Love?
    I am getting confused how are they defining "decade" these days??

Highlight:
    #37 Will i am/ Britney - Scream and Shout (2013)
    #36 Madonna - Hung Up (2005) (?)
    seems like 4Music has now edited Hung Up now, playing a shorter version of video than the full length (I guess its to fit in more ads?)

I will also guess that when channels do these so called "decade" charts it must cover from ie 2005-2015(?)

I imagine that is what they are doing. Not a true decade though as a decade is a year ending in 0 to a yearending in 9 - they just put anything they want on.

Yes, they are cutting off songs to play more ads so they can still say they played x amount of songs per hour, when it's really x amount of cut off songs per hour.
    Fresh 20 - erm, the Sam Smith song has been on the album since March last year and Olly ft Demi has been around since November. Stale bread more like it. FFS, close these channels down or give it back to the public.

Oh dear. It gets worse if they are playing a song from 10-11 months ago on a fresh chart.

It's the time of year the chosen British artists are butt kissed by Brit School and the Brit Awards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They've only started doing it since the summer.

Going to tell her about MTV Love?

Mad :p No not yet, but I will at some point. I'm goin' to my lecturer's office tomorrow morning if mum doesn't scupper my plans to go. I told her I was going but I don't know if she listened >:( She can be rather lazy in the mornings and if I wanna see my lecturer I have to be there at a certain time.
  • Options
    musicradarmusicradar Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    is it true that vh1 Adria ended transmission at 6 am on 1 Feb and was replaced with european version of VH1? :confused::cry:

that was last mtv channel that had music not robot playlist with streaming chart :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I imagine that is what they are doing. Not a true decade though as a decade is a year ending in 0 to a yearending in 9 - they just put anything they want on.

Yes, they are cutting off songs to play more ads so they can still say they played x amount of songs per hour, when it's really x amount of cut off songs per hour.

I did wonder that - I was just more annoyed at how they cut that Madonna song to half its full length >:( , I would have understood it if it had contained like I don't know "violent" or "sexual" scenes but to blatantly cut most of the song is beyond a joke (I think it was them using a radio edit), the other thing annoys me more is the screen ratio when playing these songs - can they just not put it in correct ratio, most of the picture is stretched out! I thought VIVA was bad with Fresh Prince music videos is worse!
  • Options
    musicradarmusicradar Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    here is video of last broadcast of VH1 Adria :(
    Green Day-"Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" [nice note to all MTV music channels like MTV2 or good old days MTV Dance]

VH1 Adria - THE END, 6AM CET - February 1st 2015
    http://youtu.be/wHo4TZ4F4XQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clubland's dates are all over the place.

Blackout Crew 1997? They'd have been about 6 years old!

Haddaway 2009?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mad :p No not yet, but I will at some point. I'm goin' to my lecturer's office tomorrow morning if mum doesn't scupper my plans to go. I told her I was going but I don't know if she listened >:( She can be rather lazy in the mornings and if I wanna see my lecturer I have to be there at a certain time.

We're all rather lazy in the mornings :D
    I did wonder that - I was just more annoyed at how they cut that Madonna song to half its full length >:( , I would have understood it if it had contained like I don't know "violent" or "sexual" scenes but to blatantly cut most of the song is beyond a joke (I think it was them using a radio edit), the other thing annoys me more is the screen ratio when playing these songs - can they just not put it in correct ratio, most of the picture is stretched out! I thought VIVA was bad with Fresh Prince music videos is worse!

They start and finish songs in strange places - they seem to have gone down the 'Heart' route of not playing full songs just so they can have 7-8 minute adverts which doesn't include their own ads for their reality shows.

Not sure about the picture. They seem to have a mind of their own.
    musicradar wrote: »
    Green Day-"Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" [nice note to all MTV music channels like MTV2 or good old days MTV Dance]

Never saw the channel - was it on some kind of satellite?
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicradar wrote: »

Has it been replaced by the European version again?

I noticed they were using a VH1 Shuffle bumper with the old logo, as no new bumpers were made for the new graphics. MTV really don't put any effort in to VH1 now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTV Love is just a excuse to play rubbish such as Olly Murrs.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTV Love is just a excuse to play rubbish such as Olly Murrs.

VH1 is also playing love songs too. Makes me wonder why they bothered having a decided channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We're all rather lazy in the mornings :D

True :p Haven't seen my lecturer since Wednesday but she was away at some workshop in another part of the country on Friday. I saw some pics of her on Twitter :D I retweeted them ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it been replaced by the European version again?

I noticed they were using a VH1 Shuffle bumper with the old logo, as no new bumpers were made for the new graphics. MTV really don't put any effort in to VH1 now.

VH1 is pretty much .... not cared for, you see it with the bumpers they run for MTV and now Channel 5, its a pity they could have made more of an effort with VH1 that they seem to do with MTV but again I forget this generation in control at MTV really think that everyone must go to MTV for the latest reality fix :confused: , I think MTV now has sunk a new low now with putting on Celeb Big Brother I wonder how much further they will go next but wait..... I noticed they now have Ex on the Beach (2x30 min episodes) on during the day ... didn't take long for that to happen may as well egg them on to put on Geordie Shore on daytime play since well what the hell its MTV!