Pippa Middleton

2»

Comments

• Options
    Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    What is Pippa's day job? She always seems available for daytime appearances at high profile events. She is distinctly ordinary, and as one poster said before, only looked good at the royal wedding. She's got a kind of manly face.

Doesn't she work for mummy and daddy's party business?
  • Options
    MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't she work for mummy and daddy's party business?

I've always been amazed that Mummy and Daddy's party business has managed to make so much money.

I'd never even heard of "Party Pieces" before Kate hit the headlines. Who'd have thought selling tat online could put three children though school at a cost of just under £100,000 a year.
  • Options
    Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    I've always been amazed that Mummy and Daddy's party business has managed to make so much money.

I'd never even heard of "Party Pieces" before Kate hit the headlines. Who'd have thought selling tat online could put three children though school at a cost of just under £100,000 a year.

Do not underestimate the ability of the middle-classes to part with cash for overpriced streamers for one of their social get-togethers.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I read somewhere that the kids has part scholarships for Marlborough College, but they'd still have had to pay half of the fees, and your correct Marlborough isn't just any private school it's one of the best in the UK.

The stuff they sell on their website you could get from Poundland for a fraction of the price. It's over priced tat basically.
  • Options
    CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sad, balding, middle-aged men who run the media decided they fancied her and now she's shoved down our throats at every opportunity.

Exactly this. It's sad indeed. Pippa does play up to it all like it's her reason for living though, which I find just as sad.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree.

It just looks like the standard fare you could pick up in any gift shop. Throwaway tat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking at the Party Pieces website and you'd have to have more money than sense to pay some of their prices. As another poster said, you can get the same stuff in your local Poundland!

It's time the sad old men in the media woke up and realised their campaign to get us to worship Pippa Middleton is never going to work. She just isn't liked, pure and simple.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I like Kate, I think she is beautiful although I found it very irritating how she just waited around until Wills made up his mind about marriage!! I would have had more respect for her if she had made something of her life before she married a Royal. I think this media fascination with Pippa is ridiculous. What has she done to deserve all this Attention. Her life seems like one Long, Long Party, social weddings, garden parties and Wimbledon. I thought she was a Party planner? Obviously, like Kate she enjoys the Advantages of a rich Daddy and actually does very Little!!! I thought her cook book was hilarious and more fool the Publishers who rushed into a contract with her to produce various books! They have egg on their face now.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I was looking at the Party Pieces website and you'd have to have more money than sense to pay some of their prices. As another poster said, you can get the same stuff in your local Poundland!

It's time the sad old men in the media woke up and realised their campaign to get us to worship Pippa Middleton is never going to work. She just isn't liked, pure and simple.

The media seem to think we all adore Camilla too! Saw an article about Carol Middleton when the "blind" resporter told us all she looked "like Kate and Pippa's sister!!! Yeah, Camilla and Anne are beauties too!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Camilla at all.

Pippa is irritating beyond belief though. The media coverage of her is at insane levels at the moment. And the Carole Middleton could pass for sister story is just obviously a rubbish fluff piece plucked from thin air and used as an excuse to create yet another article about them.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pippa's talentless and has lived off Daddy all her adult life. She then became famous because she wore a very flattering, figure-hugging dress at her sister's wedding. She also angered me by buying fur, but that's nothing her sister and the whole royal family haven't done.

The media decided to latch on to her because they love peddling the idea of jealousy between women. So they attempted to portray Pippa as "the sexy one", and tried to set the media attention up to make it look like she had upstaged her sister at her own wedding. I'm glad it didn't really work, it shows that the public aren't buying this BS.

However much I think Pippa is worthless, it's not like she herself announced that she had a beautiful bum, and should therefore get constant media coverage, invites to all the posh parties, and be given a book deal. She's just making use of the opportunities that have come her way, and you can't really blame her for that.
    Do not underestimate the ability of the middle-classes to part with cash for overpriced streamers for one of their social get-togethers.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I saw her at Wimbledon in the front row of the Royal Box the other day.
    I actually had no idea who she was, cos I didn't recognise her at first. (don't buy papers and I certainly don't look for her online) The commentator obviously didn't recognise her either cos he didn't say who she was when the camera was on her at a change of ends - which they normally do!

But her face rang a distant bell - probably from the wedding! - so I realised who she was about 5 minutes later.
  • Options
    CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Squatch wrote: »
    She's just making use of the opportunities that have come her way, and you can't really blame her for that.
    A hell of a lot of people seem to.
    The commentator obviously didn't recognise her either cos he didn't say who she was when the camera was on her at a change of ends - which they normally do!
    Could that have been because he assumed everyone knew who she was?
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One of their forward thinking ancestors set up a trust to enable his descendants to attend Marlborough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Lady Melissa is prettier than Pepa and Kate.