What were your first signs of pregnancy?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

Just curious :)

I'm feeling rather off and my period is like 9 days late. I daren't get my hopes up but just maybe...

I just wondered what other peoples symptoms were. Give me an idea of whether or not a positive result is likely...

Comments

• HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No 1. Felt really discombobulated, then exhausted. Then sick. Very sick.

No 2. Sick. Very sick. Very very sick from very very early on but during this time had 3 negative preg test results so don't believe a negative. I went on to have hyperemesis - threw up all day and night at random times for 20 weeks. Did I mention I felt sick?

No 3. Nothing. No symptoms early on. Cept I went off coffee. That's always a sure sign.

No 4. Ditto.

No 5. Had 1 day's morning sickness. Went off coffee really early on. Had an enormous urge to eat Ferrero Roches. Which I HATE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Hogzilla

I have no sickness and no food aversion. I have painful boobs, bad cramping that amounts to nothing and a bit of light headedness. I'm probably not. I dunno. I can't sleep for thinking about it.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it said "Humps for miles" and "Turn off in 50 yards"
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Just curious :)

I'm feeling rather off and my period is like 9 days late. I daren't get my hopes up but just maybe...

I just wondered what other peoples symptoms were. Give me an idea of whether or not a positive result is likely...

First child - absolutely nothing. Was genuinely worried that when I went for my 3 month pregnancy test at the doctors ( yes back in the day 20 years ago that was how it was done) that the doctor would laugh me out of the room and tell me I had imagined it.

Second child - sore boobs from date of missed period, sickness from 1 to 2 weeks after missed period.

This day and age you don't have to be 9 days after your missed period and still wondering. Pregnancy tests that you can buy over the counter are very accurate even a few days prior to the date you are expecting your period. Go and buy one ( or 2 or 3 !!) in the morning and hopefully find out the good news. If it's a negative then don't beat yourself up about it and just try again next month - it's just a numbers game and sooner or later I am sure you will get the result you want.

Please let us know - I'll get the knitting needles out ready :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm just...I dunno scared to be disappointed maybe?

Thanks for nice reply :)
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Hogzilla

I have no sickness and no food aversion. I have painful boobs, bad cramping that amounts to nothing and a bit of light headedness. I'm probably not. I dunno. I can't sleep for thinking about it.

Cramping is a recognised sign too - nothing to worry about just the uterus expanding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? So early on? It's particularly bad when I pee I must admit
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I had cold like symptoms which apparently is quite common. I was also boiling hot every night, which isn't like me I'm usually cold.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phone call and me in the travel agent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Phone call and me in the travel agent.

Haha :D
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes the painful norks could be a sign. I forgot them. But then that is a sign of what I like to call 'lady problems' as well, so hard to tell...

With me the nausea or going off something I normally liked, or liking something I normally hated, was always surprisingly early and a sure sign. I had infertility drugs to get No 2 so I have often thought that altogether weird and extreme pregnancy was more to do with the hormones and stuff they must have pumped me full of, than the pregnancy itself...
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I didn't get sore boobs until after 20 weeks. I also didn't get sickness until I was about 9 weeks. Everyone is so different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tender boobs - also a sign for me that my period was due so ignored them. Huge blue veins on my boobs - I'm talking "Looked like a map of rivers and waterways" Being really tired and then there was the feeling sick and being sick - Hogzilla you have my sympathy. I was sick morning noon and night all the way through my pregnancies. I'd fall asleep in the loo with my head resting on the pan and a quilt round me some nights. I'd be eating a meal - go be sick and then continue with my food.

The tiredness and sickness hit me before I'd missed a period and the tender boobs weren't far behind

With #1 I blammed a dodgey pie for me throwing up. Expecting was the last thing on my mind.

O.P. I hope you get the result you want.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the beginning: tiredness, cramping, spotting & feeling sick. But we are all different

I would just buy a test, I wouldn't have the patience to wait at 9 days late!
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very sick.

And really went off chicken and cheese. I couldn't even stand to be in the same room. The smell was just ... ugh

But my earliest sign was probably the pregnancy test coming back positive.
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick violently from the week before my period was due until the day I gave birth, with all 3 of my kids (hypermesis). Went right off alcohol before my period was due too, another sign. With my first I had a test done at the chemist, the girl there said in all her years she'd never seen a result come up positive so quickly. With my 3rd I was very confused as I couldn't quite understand the result on the test as it didn't correspond to anything on the packet. Turned out the "positive" bit came up way before "you've done this test correctly" bit (-- for correctly done and negative, - | for correctly done and positive, | mine).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really tired and had a migrane after a coffee straight away so did a test.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    missed periods with the first, sickness with the rest.
  • PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed period - then some spotting and cramping for a few days with all 3 of them which made me think that my period was actually coming.

I always tested within a week of missing my period - couldn't bear the tension.

Then sore boobs and the dreaded morning sickness started around the 6-8 week mark and lasted all the way through....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Spotting with the first two, exhaustion with the third. I wanted to wait a week to test as we were trying for the third one but my husband talked me into doing a test the day after my missed period.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With both I found myself instinctively clutching my stomach all the time, boobs hurt, felt incredibly tired and my cat kept bringing me birds.

Ohh I want another baby now, I miss being all knocked up!
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a coppery taste in my mouth, like I'd been sucking pennies. And I couldn't tolerate coffee, even the smell made me feel sick.
    That was all before my period was late.

I hope you get the result you're hoping for - I'd get a test, I'm too impatient.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sore boobs told me I was expecting last time.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from missed period, I found my contact lenses became uncomfortable. The optician told me that was a common symptom of pregnancy - something to do with the hormones affecting the moisture in the eyes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Period like cramps but no period and was very emotional. I tested day period due and was negative but two days later positive but line was very faint. A week later I started feeling sick and so so tired! Good luck - if you are you would certainly test positive by now! X