Options

How long does fresh bread last?

PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I was just wondering if I bake fresh bread on a Sunday evening how long will the bread last? I am thinking of making up fresh deli rolls for sandwiches for work, and I am hoping for them to last the whole week.

Cheers for any responses.

Comments

• Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have thought they would be getting dry by the second day, you would be best off freezing them. My dad makes his sandwiches for the week and freezes them, he gets them out in the morning and they are defrosted by lunch.
  • Options
    maggie thecatmaggie thecat Posts: 2,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the recipe. The higher the fat content, the longer it will stay soft. That's why French style baguettes need to be eaten the same day or the next at the latest.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would have to freeze them then take them out of the freezer as required. My bread is stale after 2 days
  • Options
    catscradlecatscradle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I store my home baked bread in a plastic bag in the bread bin and it lasts at least 4 days, then another two for toast. I do have an unheated kitchen though
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on the recipe. The higher the fat content, the longer it will stay soft. That's why French style baguettes need to be eaten the same day or the next at the latest.

try eating doughnuts on the second day after opening them..
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    try eating doughnuts on the second day after opening them..
    Perfectly fine after a zap in the nuker.