Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie841 wrote: »
    Tom and Danny were lovely, as for Dougie and Harry... not so much. ;) My friend and I spent about 3 hours with them after a gig a few months ago. It was so nice to see them just being "normal" and so down to earth.

I wasn't going to post it in here, I didn't think many people would be too impressed with my encounter with them, lol :p It was a good experience though!

Tom does seem like a lovely guy on twitter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    HayleyXD wrote: »
    Tom does seem like a lovely guy on twitter.

He really is. :) He was the first to introduce himself to us (like we didn't know who he was anyway ;) ), and unless you were aware of who he is, you really wouldn't think he was famous.

I've heard he can be a bit "off" with fans at times, but I have nothing but praise for him after meeting him!
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily a celebrity but who knows in this sadly media obsessed world but the late, wonderful Sir Bobby Robson was as lovely as you'd think he was when I met him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Met quite a few (although to be fair it's pretty much the norm if you live and work in central London)!

Amy Winehouse circa 2003 in the Barfly in Camden. She was standing at the bar with a group of mates taking up the only available space for anyone to get an order in. She was very drunk. Refused to budge so I literally had to lean over her and yell at the barman and stand on tiptoes to collect my drink. I would have liked to argue with her but there was one of me and about 6 of her party so I deemed it a waste of time.

Jools Holland smoking outside London's Savoy Theatre last October. Very rude. Asked him for an autograph and was given a brusque "no", after which he promptly turned away and discarded the ciggy then went back indoors.

Chantelle Houghton walking down Oxford Street about 2,5 years ago. Very friendly and smiley.

Abi Titmuss in Office on Oxford Street summer of 2006. Really nice actually, seeing as I expected her to be bitchy and stuck up.

Pete Burns December 06 in Oxford Street's Topshop. Walking several paces ahead of his boyfriend, looked like they'd just had a tiff. Never liked the guy and thought I'd try to annoy him by asking for his autograph, to which he yelled "no!" and continued storming off.

Mark Hudson in Pret A Mange on Oxford Street, same day as the Pete Burns sighting (lol the stars were out to get me that night). Very friendly and signed his autograph for me.

Jerry Sadowitz walking down Clarkenwell Rd, 1999. I used to watch his show otherwise I would have had no clue who he was. I stopped him and said "hey, great show!". He forced a really weak smile then went on his way. Odd guy.

Ville Valo (lead singer from HIM) in The CroBar in London's west end, about 3 years ago. Completely inebriated. Didn't ask for an autograph because I'm not a fan of his band, plus he was acting very uncouth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Dont know it counts as celeb but badly drawn boy asked me for a ciggie before he played at the corner house, when i offered him one of me menthals he said he couldnt smoke them cus they were s^^t and asked the rest of the people for a proper cig. Could have thrown the pack at his bag fat head!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha cheeky sod, can't he afford his own siggies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Russ Abbott(friends with his son). He's always miserable.
    Singer Zoe(who sang "sunshine on a rainy day")is one of my best friends:)
    Lemmy from motorhead-really sweet guy
    Denny lane from "wings"-very shy but always lovely(had a gorgeous dashund dog,Blackjack,who was veggie).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    Not necessarily a celebrity but who knows in this sadly media obsessed world but the late, wonderful Sir Bobby Robson was as lovely as you'd think he was when I met him.

I couldn't agree more. I met him numerous times through work and he was a thoroughly decent chappie. I have yet to hear a bad word about him, a true gent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Taboo wrote: »
    Denny lane from "wings"-very shy but always lovely(had a gorgeous dashund dog,Blackjack,who was veggie).

I always liked that zoe song me.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »
    Went to see The Clash on their Combat Rock tour in the early 80s. We arrived a bit early and, being too young to get into pubs, we were sitting with a few other fans with our carry out on the grassy slope near the Edinburgh Playhouse - where the Omni Centre cinema/leisure complex/car park is now.

We noticed some of the other fans stirring and realised that Joe Strummer and Topper Headon were walking down towards us from Princes Street. They signed our ticket stubs and were genuinely nice and chatty with us. I was too star-struck to say anything interesting.

Okay, we have a winner of the FM I'm now most jealous of - one of my all time musical heroes, missed meeting him by a couple of minutes when I went to a festival in Milton Keynes many moons ago
  • Highland RubyHighland Ruby Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Alan Titchmarsh stayed at a hotel I was receptionist at a few years ago - a total arse. He refused to sign his check in card in case we sold his signature (to who???), wouldn't talk to the waiting staff and threw his key on the desk without a word when he left. The funniest part was in the morning when he came down for breakfast I said "Good Morning" and he rolled his eyes as if I was only talking to him due to his "fame". No Alan, I tend to be polite to all hotel guests!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teddy Sheringham is lovely.

Surprisingly, a few friends have spoken to Jodie Marsh and say she's really ok in normal life.

The strangest rude celeb was when my sister spoke to the guy who plays Roy in Corrie and his wife laid into her, accusing her of trying to chat him up when she is fact asking for his autograph for a star struck gay male friend
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

is she? what is she up to nowadays? That song is on my ipod :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    is she? what is she up to nowadays? That song is on my ipod :)

She's still singing,never really stopped.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    She's still singing,never really stopped.

That was a great song.
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newwoman wrote: »
    The strangest rude celeb was when my sister spoke to the guy who plays Roy in Corrie and his wife laid into her, accusing her of trying to chat him up when she is fact asking for his autograph for a star struck gay male friend

that's strange, was he actually rude himself or was it just his wife ?
  • PawsaPawsa Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Freddie Flintoff is a lovely bloke, very down to earth and approachable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spoke to Denise Van Outen tonight. She was lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Had the misfortune to walk behind Shane Richie at a busy memorabilia event. At first I thought he seemed ok, signing autographs, etc. But before long I could see he was being loud and arrogant to 'steal' the crowds from quieter celebs and getting his "friend" (doubling as his bodyguard) to push people out of Richie's way. I've seen many celebs at these events but I'd rather fry my genitals than see him again.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan Titchmarsh stayed at a hotel I was receptionist at a few years ago - a total arse. He refused to sign his check in card in case we sold his signature (to who???), wouldn't talk to the waiting staff and threw his key on the desk without a word when he left. The funniest part was in the morning when he came down for breakfast I said "Good Morning" and he rolled his eyes as if I was only talking to him due to his "fame". No Alan, I tend to be polite to all hotel guests!

I've loved reading this thread but for some reason this one cracked me up :D:D Ooooh he sounds like a right b!tch! I wonder what all those adoring people in the audience on his afternoon show would think of such shenanigans :eek: I can't stand the fawning b*gger, he goes on like an old woman, so am delighted to find out he's a right diva! :D

I've also enjoyed all the slagging off of Cilla Black. My Dad met her years ago and said she was a right prima donna b!tch too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread,particularly the story someone told about being hit by Ian McKellen's hat. :D

I met Amanda Barrie for the second time recently,and she remembered me,which was very impressive given that there was almost five years in between me meeting her before and meeting her this time. She was really nice.

People mentioning Lembit Opik has reminded me that he came to our school once,when I was in 6th form.He suddenly appeared in our registration room one morning and talked to us about the council or voting or something,and answered our questions (I didn't ask one,it was too early for me to think!). He was pretty nice and quite funny too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Met Simon Cowell. Was in Harrods with a large group of friends. He put up with being accosted by 6 women and girls. He let them all kiss him and allowed lots of pictures to be taken. He was shopping with Terri and yet he still took the time for his fans. The man can do no wrong in my eyes for doing that!

Cara Dillon is a God. I thought so before I met her and meeting her just made me love her even more. She signed her autograph after a concert and we spent about 15 minutes talking about a mutual friend.

Princess Diana when she was still Diana Spencer. Again briefly but she was lovely.

Leslie Grantham briefly in 1986! He was being paid to be there so was very nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being paid doesn't mean a thing.

I said before that Dennis Taylor (snooker player) was so rude and he was at a signing event.

I thought he was fabulous before but I hated him after that day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what we would think if everybody who met us judged us purely on how we acted on one occasion when we might have been having a really bad day and then posted it up on a forum just to let others know how horrible we really were!

I often wonder why so many people crave celebrity and fame. I'd hate it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I'm a stills photographer so have worked around a fair few famous people but the two most down to earth actors I've chatted to were Damian Lewis (we share the same birthday so that broke the ice) and Richard Roxburgh (really nice bloke, had time for everyone).