Options

Touch Screen Phone Hatred

2»

Comments

• Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    I have noticed that a lot of my customers are very awkward when using a touch screen.
    Sort of cack handed, like the device is going to attack them if they get something wrong.
    They prod and poke and swipe in a bizzare totally unnatural way.
    My kids do it like they were born with it as do I (at 44) so I don't know what that's all about.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    I still have a tocco ultra as a 2nd phone. its seen better days.

Whilst the touch screen technology has improved, its still not, and never will be, an equal substitute with a good tactile keyboard.

Blackberry seem to be about the only ones still having keys; you might be short of choice till stuff like this takes off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJFwHuCs3Yw

wow, how on earth do they do that?
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    I have noticed that a lot of my customers are very awkward when using a touch screen.
    Sort of cack handed, like the device is going to attack them if they get something wrong.
    They prod and poke and swipe in a bizzare totally unnatural way.
    My kids do it like they were born with it as do I (at 44) so I don't know what that's all about.

i can't do it with one hand, I got to have one holding the phone as i am using the other hand. I have seen people using one hand and just using their thumb.

touch screens on phones I can cope with now, but on a computer monitor? nope, still prefer my mouse and keyboard
  • Options
    GamerGirlGamerGirl Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a Samsung Chat 335 (which is like a cheap version of a Blackberry) with a QWERTY keyboard that I use for texting as it's much faster than using a smart phone's onscreen keyboard and all that swiping and word prediction that goes wrong, then requires adjusting.
    I use a Galaxy Note for other stuff as the screen is a lovely size for those of us who have middle-aged eyesight! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GamerGirl wrote: »
    I have a Samsung Chat 335 (which is like a cheap version of a Blackberry) with a QWERTY keyboard that I use for texting as it's much faster than using a smart phone's onscreen keyboard and all that swiping and word prediction that goes wrong, then requires adjusting.
    I use a Galaxy Note for other stuff as the screen is a lovely size for those of us who have middle-aged eyesight! :o

Not for all of us. I find typing on a touch screen QWERTY keyboard easier, faster and more accurate then a physical keyboard with tiny buttons.