Options

sorry help again

all my sky is working except recordings, i cant record or watch while recording :(

Comments

• Options
    AlanOAlanO Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinky_999 wrote: »
    all my sky is working except recordings, i cant record or watch while recording :(

Assume you've got SKY+.

At a guess a faulty box (which is preventing recording), a faulty LNB (the bit on the end of the dish) which means only one signal is getting from the dish to the box or a faulty installation i.e. the cabling from the dish to the box is the problem.

Probably a call to SKY in the first instance to see what they suggest, otherwise it'll be an installer call out to check the installation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    its only happened since i put extension on :(
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it has only happened since putting on the extension cables then the first test is to remove those cables. Put the box back on the original cables only and see if it works on those. If it does then it is the extension cables at fault. If it does not then the box could be faulty.

The likely cause is one of the extension cables being iffy and not passing a signal. As I understand it the Sky box can display signal strength on both LNB inputs so maybe check there to see if it's getting signal on both?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page8.htm#shotcut

BUY cable with F connectors fitted , or at least get satellite quality cable