breaking bad

Comments

• walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,806
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »
    I agree! What drug would they use if they did? Meth isn't big in the UK.

Excited for the final episodes now. Expectations are high!

Ecstacy would be a good match, I believe like crystal meth you can make that at home too.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ecstacy would be a good match, I believe like crystal meth you can make that at home too.

Nah - the show gives the impression that meth is much more addictive and damaging than ecstacy. It seems more like crack cocaine. Coke also is much more profitable. I can't see E heads falling to the depths that the ATM robbing couple plunged to in season 2
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dend wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this, what time is it on in America? Doubt ill stay up but i might consider it!

2 am i think.

im staying up
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,806
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    Nah - the show gives the impression that meth is much more addictive and damaging than ecstacy. It seems more like crack cocaine. Coke also is much more profitable.

Well yeah, it's not the same kind of drug but the whole show depends on it being something you can easily make in a trailer. I'm not sure you can easily make cocaine in a trailer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yeah, it's not the same kind of drug but the whole show depends on it being something you can easily make in a trailer. I'm not sure you can easily make cocaine in a trailer.

Heh - well given Walt's status as a chemical genius I'm sure he could rustle up a batch.

BTW, did anyone see this?

http://mashable.com/2013/08/09/breaking-bad-ibook-contest/

Might give it a go...
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buzz on twitter - can't wait

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hm... see its not going to air till noon tomorrow on Netflix... cant wait that long! Will have to XDCC it instead
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fascinated to see how Netflix copes tomorrow. Since they launched in Feb '12, I don't think they've had anything this high profile, have they? Will their infrastructure be up to the task, given how much of their member base will be watching tomorrow evening?

Let's hope so, I'd hate for it to be spoilt by playback issues. I'm expecting HD and no choppiness!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I think Matt Smith would be great in a British remake as Jesse he has the hair and he's a massive fan of the show.
  • Lionel HutzLionel Hutz Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »
    I agree! What drug would they use if they did? Meth isn't big in the UK.

Excited for the final episodes now. Expectations are high!

i'd say that wizz/speed (which is all it is, basically, isn't it?) is fairly prevalent here. it's a kind of 'aldi/lidl coke' and is MUCH cheaper and thus pretty widespread.

i live in north manchester and it's been about here for the past 25 years.

i'm gonna watch tonight's Breaking Bad on a live stream.

sack waiting the extra hour. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hm... see its not going to air till noon tomorrow on Netflix... cant wait that long! Will have to XDCC it instead

Where did you get this info from? I thought they said 'immediately' after airing in the states the episode would be available on Netflix?

Noon tomorrow doesn't see very immediate to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    Where did you get this info from? I thought they said 'immediately' after airing in the states the episode would be available on Netflix?

This link...

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/When-can-you-see-brand-new-Breaking-Bad-on-Netflix/205387.htm

It could be wrong but I think I'll try getting the episode by other methods just in case.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also interested to see what effect this Netflix airing has on UK piracy figures for Breaking Bad. I wonder if there'll be noticeably less people downloading...?

Noon tomorrow is fine for me, I wouldn't watch it until the evening anyway. My days of watching TV shows first thing in the morning are long gone, I must be getting more patient in my old age :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A sudden surge in Netflix free trials approaches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to change my netflix back to the UK one :D excited netflix are posting breaking bad tomorrow got me so happy!
  • Lionel HutzLionel Hutz Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    This link...

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/When-can-you-see-brand-new-Breaking-Bad-on-Netflix/205387.htm

It could be wrong but I think I'll try getting the episode by other methods just in case.

this link

http://www.geekosystem.com/netflix-uk-breaking-bad/

says immediately after it airs...

who knows. :confused:

p.s i've just sent you a PM, in case you hadn't noticed.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    Got to love him!!! :D

I've met him.. he's tiny but a very nice guy... very appreciative of the support of all the fans. Just hope this season ends well for Jesse!
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't see it being added immediately after it aired in the US, was expecting it to be 8am like it was with season 3 of the Killing.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    I've met him.. he's tiny but a very nice guy... very appreciative of the support of all the fans. Just hope this season ends well for Jesse!

Ah, that's good! Even my 14 year old son loves Jesse!

I think he, somehow, will find out about Jane, Mike and the Lily of the Valley and who knows what will happen then - that Rycin cigarette is still hanging around, wonder if that will have any significance? Can't wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    Ah, that's good! Even my 14 year old son loves Jesse!

I think he, somehow, will find out about Jane, Mike and the Lily of the Valley and who knows what will happen then - that Rycin cigarette is still hanging around, wonder if that will have any significance? Can't wait.

NAh - I think the Jane thing will remain forever undisclosed... but he might well find out about the poisoning.

I've already posted on it but did you know that they planned to kill Jesse off at the end of season 1. So glad that Aaron changed their minds!

BTW, heres a link to the event that we met him at... its a pretty good interview with Brian, Aaron and Vince.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/breaking-bad-meet-creator/id682164165?i=163445568&mt=2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, after a long year.. at last, the new series is here! Woo hoo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    WOW, what a first episode. That was nothing short of incredible, certainly not the slow start that we've had so far in season 5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First (well, 9th) episode? LOVED IT! The genius scriptwriting, the brilliant backing tracks, the fantastic acting. All still there. I never expected anything else. This really puts Dexter to shame.

So we have Walt basically telling Hank to back off but without really admitting that he was behind it all.

I love the visual clues and winks to the viewers. Like the money divide between Jesse and Walt when they're sitting on Jesse's couch. Also a pretty big clue to how it may end..
    Walt gets the ricin from behind the plug sockets and we later see him staring up at his hospital drip... Possible that he's thinking of killing himself by putting the ricin in his drip?

Visual clues are so important in this show. But I may be looking to far into it.