Options

Updated SkyPlayer - What a mistake!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
I accidentally deleted Fringe today without watching it (from Anytime also) so went to my laptop to watch it on SkyPlayer.
It prompted me to update, so i did, and they've changed it completely and it's horrible!

If you choose to download something, you have to wait for it to complete before watching.

The link to the website to choose programmes is the only way to do it - the tab at the top says ' Open Website' or something, instead of showing the channels etc within the SkyPlayer programme itself and choosing what to watch/download. (this may have just linked to the site before, i can't quite remember but it seems strange now!)

It just seems really clunky and strange now.

Not sure if my connection was playing up a bit but it was slow to DL too.

(It doesn't use Kontiki P2P anymore either apparently as the install prompt says to uninstall Kontiki too)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I upgraded yesterday and I thought the same. How annoying that you had to wait for a download before playing....but then I remembered that you can run Sky Player through Windows Media Center and that I'd set Sky Player up in there before upgrading.

I opened Windows Media Center, opened Sky Player and searched for a film and phew...you're still able to stream direct from there.

I hope you have Windows Media Center though otherwise this reply is going to annoy you :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    You can still stream live TV from the web page version... but not "VoD" shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    headcovers wrote: »
    I upgraded yesterday and I thought the same. How annoying that you had to wait for a download before playing....but then I remembered that you can run Sky Player through Windows Media Center and that I'd set Sky Player up in there before upgrading.

I opened Windows Media Center, opened Sky Player and searched for a film and phew...you're still able to stream direct from there.

I hope you have Windows Media Center though otherwise this reply is going to annoy you :(

HaHa, no i don't but i'll let you off! :p

I'm just annoyed at myself that i'd deleted the earlier software before i installed the new one!