Which celebrities have you met?

Comments

• super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie Christie.

Of all places in a SPAR in Aberystwyth about twelve (ish) years ago. I was buying some **** and was, well, hammered.

I didn't realise who she was, other than she was a tidy bit of MILF, so I tried to tempt her back to my flat with a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream and an unbounded skipfull of charm.

Just my luck to bump into someone who is not only averse to Sherry but also clearly a lesbian.

She was also with Warren Beatty and is now happily married :confused:
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julie Christie.

Of all places in a SPAR in Aberystwyth about twelve (ish) years ago. I was buying some **** and was, well, hammered.

I didn't realise who she was, other than she was a tidy bit of MILF, so I tried to tempt her back to my flat with a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream and an unbounded skipfull of charm.

Just my luck to bump into someone who is not only averse to Sherry but also clearly a lesbian.

Did she think you were a 'care in the community' person?
  • The Mad JokerThe Mad Joker Posts: 5,397
    Forum Member
    walked past ian wright, i was too shocked to get a autograph or say hi Epic Fail
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

I should have asked for an autograph instead of a shag.

She must have met a lot of 'special' people over the years - was she polite to you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus.

You aren't letting this mentally handicapped thing go easily are you?

Strange way of flirting with me, but I'm a man of the world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus.

:D:D:D

Simon Cowell - actually ok
    Kiera Knightely - adorable
    Amy Winehouse - ****ing bitch
  • The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    Simon, Cowell, David Beckham, Shane Warne, Claudia Winkleman, Sean Connery, Bruce, Forsythe, Kirk Douglas, Dutchess of York, Noel Gallagher, Rod Stewert and Penny Lancaster, George Michael, Dawn French, Claire from steps, westlife, Paul Gasgoine, so many can't remember them all. (mainly from work) and Barabara windsor, met quite a few times(love her). Claudia is the warmest personality and just lovely. (and met her mum Eve). I don't think anything when met the celebs, but Simon wasn't known then, so wasn't famous then. Ive met a lot, but Lional Blair, when first met him, I hid, lol (he was a client) years and years ago.

What did you do for a living?? or shouldn't i ask?? :o:o
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    All the JLS boys, Stellios the Easy boss, Robert Winston, Sophie raworth, grew up living a door away from Michael Vaughn, had my photo taken with all execpt Mr Vaughn.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a few. It's a toss up between John Hurt and Jamie Lee Curtis as to which is the most famous celeb. Unless you count Nelson Mandela, but then he's not really a celeb is he.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    Quite a few. It's a toss up between John Hurt and Jamie Lee Curtis as to which is the most famous celeb. Unless you count Nelson Mandela, but then he's not really a celeb is he.

No but he should be. I'd rather have met him than the other two :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    The best one I can offer is Sam Robertson who was in Corrie. I know it's pitiful.
  • fox on the runfox on the run Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Saville - nice man but slightly bonkers.

Dickie Bird - nice man but completely bonkers.
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, better explain:o
    My first job was in a top London Hotel and trained in hair and beauty and mens hair.
    The first day of work Lionel walked in larger than life, and was my first experience of meeting somone famous.(he was very known then, still is). I got scared, and my legs went to jelly, as I had to just say 'hello' and take his coat, I just became shy. Looking back on my post it does sound like it could mean something else:o lol Customers are called clients. (I think they thought it sounded more posh). He was a lovely man, and it took me awhile to get use to meeting famous faces.:)
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal FC team when they were at Arsenal Stadium.
    G4 (runners up but they did so much better then the winner of the very 1st X Factor)
    G4 when they split up-Ben,Matt,Mike and Jonathan .
    Jonathan is my fave (from G4)and met him countless Times
    Jonathan Ansell always so fantastic to his fans
    Quite few others but when I met Arsenal team I was up on cloud 9 and as for Jonathan Im up beyound cloud 9
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally Gunnell - regular at local M&S
    Jayne Torvill - eating lunch at next table
    Spandau Ballet - massive fan for more years than I care to mention
    Katie Price - local toy superstore

Daughter met Joe Jonas yesterday & will be screaming for him on Paul O'Grady's show tonight;)
    Reminds me of my stalking Spandau Ballet days:D
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    Spandau Ballet - massive fan for more years than I care to mention
    I see Gary from SB quite a lot. He always stops to say hi.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    Just come back from Vegas where on my first day there I got into a lift with Tobin Bell. Very nice fella.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I met RIhanna outside her hotel here in Dublin. She stopped to talk for a few minutes. She's lovely, very down to earth and very funny.

Kelly Clarkson waved to me one time at a fan event.

I met Sophie Ellis Bextor too, I'm not really a fan though.

I met Bono once too, absolute tool he is, he walked into a charoty event with his entourage of 5 security while other celebrities there just arrived with themselves and maybe one member of their team

I met Louis Walsh once too, not that that's one to be proud of really.
  • toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    Just come back from Vegas where on my first day there I got into a lift with Tobin Bell. Very nice fella.

did he ask if you wanted to play a game?:D
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    toribaynes wrote: »
    did he ask if you wanted to play a game?:D

Nope, just where I was from, how long i'd been in Vegas and shared a joke or two. He could tell that I recognised him from the startled look & big grin on my face! No airs & graces. Utterly nice bloke.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Saville, Jim Davidson, Henry Cooper, Jocky Wilson, Charlton Heston, Tom Hanks, Kathy Staff, Stephen Lewis, Dennis Waterman, Patrick Mower, David Soul, Michael Brandon, Matthew Kelly, Paul Daniels, Martin Daniels, Debbie Mcgee, Roly Polys, Ted Rogers, Eric Sykes, Lionel Blair, Les Dennis, Jonathan Morris, Gordon Kaye, Linda Lusardi, Roy Barraclough, Cheryl Baker, Nicholas Parsons, Bobby Ball, Tommy Cannon, Phil Cool, Jasper Carrot, Mick Miller, Adam Woodyat, Steve Mcfadden, Emlyn Hughes, Trevor Bannister, Britt Ekland, Ian Lavendar, Robin Asquith, Windsor Davis, Don Estelle, Bob Carolgees, Jimmy Cricket, Denis Law, Gordon Banks, Dennis Taylor, Alvin Stardust, Eric Bristow, Frank Cardon, The Grumbleweeds, Henry Mcgee, Steven Hendry, Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Stan Boardman, Ruth Madoc, John Inman, Paul Gascoine, Paul Ince, Phil Jupitus, Lee Mack, Ricky Gervais, Craig Charles, Tracy Shaw, Jack Dee, Samantha Janus Womack, Matthew Cottle, Ted Rogers, Su Pollard, Chubby Brown, Freddie Starr, Leslie Nielson, Tony Booth, Colin Baker, Kate o Mara, Prunella Scales, Kenneth Cranham, Lynda Baron, Tony Robinson, Stephanie Beacham, Simon Williams, Moray Watson, Jeffrey Holland, Wayne Dobson, Bobby Davro, Maureen & Anne Nolan, Joe Pasquale, Elkie Brooks, Barbara Dixon, Michael Ball, Steve Wright, Bob Harris, Anita Harris, Brian Conley, Brian Murphy, Victor Spinetti, Bob Geldof, Lonnie Donegan, Patrick Moore, Clive James, Gareth Hale, Honor Blackman, Anna Karen, George Sewell, Sid Owen, Uri Geller, David Dickinson, Jason Connery, Nigel Havers, Roger Lloyd Pack, Jimmy Tarbuck, Kenny Lynch, Liza Goddard, Kiki Dee, Shirley Anne Field, Edward Woodward, Status Quo, Alan Titchmarsh, Steve Punt, Hugh Dennis, Alexi Sayle, Ian Mckellan, Ron Howard, Gareth Hunt, Chris Eubank..
    I think that's also a complete list of all the celebs who ever appeared on Blankety Blank. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Ive met Princess Diana in 1992 (at a Works special anniversay)and Arnold Schwarzenegger in1995 at Planet Hollywood in London and both such nice amazing kind people :)

Sorry Princess Diana (I don't think I should call her a celeb) :confused:
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andyboo wrote: »
    Ive met Princess Diana in 1992 (at a Works special anniversay)and Arnold Schwarzenegger in1995 at Planet Hollywood in London and both such nice amazing kind people :)

Sorry Princess Diana (I don't think I should call her a celeb) :confused:

She was in a way, but I had met her to, but left her of my list;)
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok have met

John Hannah, Claire Sweeney, Lorraine Kelly, Adam Garcia, Michael McIntyre, Bobby Ball (for reasons unknown he walked past other people then suddenly stopped smiled at me and squeezed my arm and said hello) Alan Davies, Cheryl Baker, Richard Grieve, Sue Jenkins, Nikki Sanderson, Matt Healy, Bonnie Langford, Duncan James, Clare Buckfield, Hayley Tamaddon, Gaynor Faye, Stefan Booth, Donal McIntyre, Kyran Bracken, Chris Fountain, Kieron Richardson, John Barrowman, Lesley Dunlop, Paddy McGuiness, Andi Peters, Michael Underwood, Sarah Green, Philip Schofield, Holly Willoughby, Leigh Francis, Stacey Soloman, Craig Doyle, Chesney Hawkes, Linda Lusardi, Sam Attwater, Chloe Madeley, Karen Barber, Robin Cousins, Jason Gardiner, Jayne Torvill, Christopher Dean, Mickey Graham, Stephen Gately, Ray Meagher, Jenny McAlpine, Antony Cotton, Katherine Kelly, Charly Webb, Roxanne Pallett, Kathy Griffin, Jamie Lomas, Todd Carty, David Seaman, Gareth Gates, Zaraah Abrahams, Susanne Shaw, Ellery Hanley, Melinda Messenger, Zoe Salmon, Coleen Nolan, Jessica Taylor, Ray Quinn, Emily Atack, Danny Young, Gary Lucy, Denise Welch, Vanilla Ice, Ben Richards, Mark Moraghan, Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, Christopher Biggins, Sheridan Smith, Marti Pellow, Tupele Dorgu, Verity Rushworth, Jodie Prenger, Anthea Turner, David Coultard, Louie Spence, Stephen Mulhern, Shaun Williamson, Stephen McGann ( I think can never remember which one I actually met:o ) Elaine C Smith, Tony Roper, Dorothy Paul, Cameron Stout, Nikkita, Tommy Steele.